Bala Cynwyd, PA

Cynwyd School 1

Posted December 21, 2013
The teacher are very mean to my son and the students are not learning well

Posted September 29, 2013
We are incredibly happy with our son's experience at Cynwyd. The staff provides a warm learning environment, rich with opportunities to give back and expand students' capabilities.

Cynwyd School 4

Posted October 08, 2012
My child graduated from Cynwyd this year and I couldn't be happier...that she's out of there. The academic skill and talent at this school are truly superior, no doubt. Additionally, the facility is extremely well equipped and funded, the environment very safe. Alas, you wouldn't be able to find a less hospitable group of people (teachers or parents) if your very life depended on it. The problem began with the principal who mercifully left this year. Her approach was to deflect or push back blame when confronted with issues (student security being one) but to wallow in praise, which she got in abundance from the many shameless toadies on staff, and this unfortunately includes the school counselor. The principal's departure was marked by an endless series of goodbye parties and events, including a dance ode which took a great deal of focus away from the 5th Graders during their own graduation ceremony. Several of the parents curried favor with her and, miraculously, got their kids plum positions in school plays and the honors program. (Their kids even got photographed more for the school newsletter!) You had to live it to believe it. Pleh!

Posted March 07, 2012
All around this school has been wonderful for my daughter. The teachers and administration are caring and smart. I was concerned with the "entitled" mentality that can come with living in an area of "above average" income, but on the whole, we have not found folks to be too snobby. Sometimes folks who look at wealthier individuals and "think" they are snobby don't realize they are being snobby themselves.

Cynwyd School 4

Posted August 23, 2009
Hi, I am affiliated with Cyndwyd through my job ( support Staff ) To the parent who refered to the overall suburban mentality , my sentiments , this is Lower Merion welcome to it . The students are not diciplined and are allowed to do what ever for fear of a law suit from the parents , at lunch it's like a wild safari . I agree there is not enough diversity , because I have seen the minority students treated differently . The positive side the staff is great .

Cynwyd School 0

Posted June 01, 2009
The school is ok, but the majority of students seem to come from families who take privilege and money for granted. There is not enough diversity, but it is not surprising, as it tends to fit in with the overall suburban mentality.

Posted March 26, 2009
Cynwyd is an excellent school. The teachers academically and socially are beyond words. It is a well known school. I am enjoying my years and I am still enjoying them. Hope you consider my review!

Posted November 09, 2008

Posted October 31, 2007

Cynwyd School
101 West Levering Mill Rd, Bala Cynwyd, PA  19004
Last modified Cynwyd School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cynwyd School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top