Bad
Good

If your child is from one of the well-known families in town or isn't an athletic superstar, beware. My daughter was repeatedly bullied and the guidance counselor/asst principal/principal did little to alleviate the situation. There is zero lack of respect for students from most staff members. Is it really a surprise that students model this behavior?

This one teacher told me to do my project, I told her I am almost done and she flipped out on me in front of the whole class: "EXCUSE ME! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" as if I muttered a curse word under my breath. I had that same teacher for class again. I was doing my work while this white kid was standing up pestering me. I get yelled at! Even though I am sitting down doing my work and she sees this kid standing bothering me she doesn't take any action or yell at him! I am not exaggerating as I type this review I remember it all so well. It's like this place left me with Post traumatic stress disorder. I have nightmares of this awful school. If there is anything that I learned from her class, that is to resort to violence instead of talk things out like grown adults. It just goes to show how immature the Bangor population really is. I also completed my assignment and she criticized how I did it. It was an autobiography and I mentioned my grandmother a lot in it. She didn't like that I mentioned my grandma a lot. My grandmother had a lot to do with my life, and she had no right to criticize and make a terrible statement about my own family! It was an autobiography after all!

I love going to this school everybody has a uniqe perssonality.

BAMS is awesome. Mr. Gunnels is an awesome principal, adored by the students and respected by parents and administration. He is a true advocate of education. Middle School is a tough time for any student, but the environment here and the attention to the needs of these children is ever evolving. We are very pleased with the school and their involvement in our child's academic and emotional journey through middle school.

Last modified Bangor Area Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.