Beaver, PA

Posted June 22, 2010
We moved to this area from another state and I did alot of researching on this site before committing to a school. I must say the Beaver Area school district is excellent. My child has some social difficulties and the staff have worked above and beyond to help us fit in. The principal is more than willing to take the time to sit down face to face and for any concerns, or to set up meetings with support staff and teachers. Area parents have a large commitment to these schools ...which in my mind is great for the children.

Posted March 19, 2010
This is the first year my children have been enrolled in a public school system. I am very pleased with our experience at Dutch Ridge Elementary. The teachers have been wonderful and very helpful. Always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I have had either via email or phone calls. My one child has physical disabilities and when we asked for a meeting with Principal Groosman to discuss options available. He met with us explained programs available. He moved quickly to put our action plan in place and have group meeting with teachers and support staff involved. Everyone has been very supportive in working with my daughter. It is a wondrful school being led by excellent leaders.

Posted March 17, 2010
As a parent of a Learning Support and non Learning Support children, I love all that Beaver has to offer. Both of my children have had excellent teachers that have taken time to call or email whenever I have a question. Meetings are also set up for my LS student that a principal attended in addition to the regular teachers to plan the best way to help my child. I am very pleased with Beaver's desire to teach my student to excel in all areas, not just reach benchmark.

Posted January 09, 2009

Posted August 03, 2008

Posted August 01, 2008
We moved here from another state. We chose Beaver in part because it was supposed to have a good school system. We were surprise to find no science in the lower grades (2nd). We offered to help with science fairs or setting up a curriculum but there was no follow-up from the principal. They seem to be just concerned with the 4 R s and the state test. I would say that despite the new building the school needs to be a bit more progressive in their curriculum.

Dutch Ridge El School 1

Posted February 17, 2008
I believe some teachers at the Beaver Area Schools Shows Favoritetism to other students. The Teachers don't teach they give the students worksheets to complete. Some teachers yell a little to much for kids at a younger grade level.

Dutch Ridge El School 4

Posted February 09, 2008

Posted December 06, 2007
This school provided my children with the best education possible. Thanks for being the best and helping my children for future reference.

Posted September 14, 2007

Dutch Ridge El School
2220 Dutch Ridge Rd, Beaver, PA  15009
Last modified Dutch Ridge El School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dutch Ridge El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top