Bad
Good

We review areas and school districts carefully before moving. Great schools has been a great help when moving. Beaver Schools (my son goes to Dutch Ridge) feel safe. The staff is great. My son has some delays and the staff goes above and beyond to work with him. They have been great! I believe you can get a good education anywhere you apply yourself. It is the measure of safety, cleanliness and support of the staff that mean the most for us, and we are happy with all of those.

We moved to this area from another state and I did alot of researching on this site before committing to a school. I must say the Beaver Area school district is excellent. My child has some social difficulties and the staff have worked above and beyond to help us fit in. The principal is more than willing to take the time to sit down face to face and for any concerns, or to set up meetings with support staff and teachers. Area parents have a large commitment to these schools ...which in my mind is great for the children.

This is the first year my children have been enrolled in a public school system. I am very pleased with our experience at Dutch Ridge Elementary. The teachers have been wonderful and very helpful. Always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I have had either via email or phone calls. My one child has physical disabilities and when we asked for a meeting with Principal Groosman to discuss options available. He met with us explained programs available. He moved quickly to put our action plan in place and have group meeting with teachers and support staff involved. Everyone has been very supportive in working with my daughter. It is a wondrful school being led by excellent leaders.

As a parent of a Learning Support and non Learning Support children, I love all that Beaver has to offer. Both of my children have had excellent teachers that have taken time to call or email whenever I have a question. Meetings are also set up for my LS student that a principal attended in addition to the regular teachers to plan the best way to help my child. I am very pleased with Beaver's desire to teach my student to excel in all areas, not just reach benchmark.

We moved here from another state. We chose Beaver in part because it was supposed to have a good school system. We were surprise to find no science in the lower grades (2nd). We offered to help with science fairs or setting up a curriculum but there was no follow-up from the principal. They seem to be just concerned with the 4 R s and the state test. I would say that despite the new building the school needs to be a bit more progressive in their curriculum.

I believe some teachers at the Beaver Area Schools Shows Favoritetism to other students. The Teachers don't teach they give the students worksheets to complete. Some teachers yell a little to much for kids at a younger grade level.

This school provided my children with the best education possible. Thanks for being the best and helping my children for future reference.

Last modified Dutch Ridge El School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.