Benjamin Rush El School 2

Posted October 24, 2011
I'm incredibly disappointed with this school so far. My daughter is in 1st grade and this is her first year at Rush and in the Bensalem district. The level of curriculum is completely unacceptable. She is doing preschool work. Her previous classmates have spelling tests every Friday and a separate list of vocabulary words. She brings home two, yes 2, sight words PER WEEK! And don't get me started on the horrible Everyday Mathematics curriculum. I called the guidance counselor who seemed completely disinterested in anything I had to say and was completely detached from the conversation. I wouldn't be surprised if she was doing something else at the time. Next step is the principal. We'll see where we get with her...the woman who insisted at back to school night that they meet each student on their individual level. They have yet to prove that with my child. Might be time to pull her out of public school so she can get the education she deserves!

Benjamin Rush El School 2

Posted February 07, 2011
To be honest this school has a long way to go before being a "great" school. They say that they have a no bullying policy but yet when it happened to my daughter nothing was done and this went on for 2 years. I couldn't be happier and either could she that this will be her last year there and we will be moving to a better rated school and school district up in Perkasie. My daughter barely ever has homework, which i am unsure how they can get this work into these kids heads if they do not give them the homework to do to review it. Their after school programs is the crappiest program i have ever in my life come across. Work schedules vary and they should be able to work around that, but they could care less. BASE says its because they need to make sure they have the staff their that they are unable to do week by week schedules, but yet everyday that i go into that school to get my daughter there are the same 2 (it never changes)!!!!! The teachers never call me back or return emails. This is really just a school that needs some work.

Benjamin Rush El School 0

Posted August 11, 2009
I believe rush should have uniforms!!!! provide more after school programs for the kids, also extra curricular activities. In short I agree with the post on 8-4-09

Posted August 04, 2009
UNIFORMS UNIFORMS UNIFORMS. ALL school should have uniforms. rush needs to give mor homework, have b4 and after school program, get parent more involved, have extra curricular activity, post school supplu list online by grades, again most imp is give more homework and have uniforms

Posted August 04, 2009

Benjamin Rush El School 4

Posted June 11, 2008

Benjamin Rush El School 4

Posted April 08, 2008

Posted March 11, 2008
I have 2 kids that go to Rush. The teachers are wonderful. Great teachers. Never had a problem

Benjamin Rush El School 1

Posted August 14, 2007

Benjamin Rush El School 1

Posted July 18, 2007

Benjamin Rush El School
3400 Hulmeville Rd, Bensalem, PA  19020
Last modified Benjamin Rush El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Rush El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top