Bad
Good

This school is the best at learning an teacher an students my kids is 3 grade an so smart this school teach way at head other schools

Calypso Elementary School is the best because we one of the few in the state of Pennsylvania that all the kids walk to school because we are a community (neighborhood) school. Plus the staff work very well together & we do lots of fun & educational things with our students.

It is truly a community school where the parents and teachers work together .

The staff truly cares about our children. We develop relationships with them and try to build on their strengths and celebrate their accomplishments.

My son will be attending kindergarten in '09-'10, so all I have for now is first impressions. I met the principal, Dr. Elizabeth Conard, who impresses me as a competent captain of her ship. I'm also impressed with the guidance counselor, Mrs. Carol Shaud, who is genuinely interested in and concerned with the children. She is very well informed. And I like the small school size. I don't feel my son will be lost in a 'mill'.

Calypso is very big on parent involvement, very community oriented, and really tries to get to know the families. I am so glad that my child goes here.

I live two blocks from Calypso. I went to school there over thirty years ago and bought a house in the neighborhood so my children could attend. The neighborhood is diverse with many mansions a block away on Prospect Ave. There are apartments a few blocks away on Lehigh St. I would imagine that is why the numbers are so high for free lunches as all my neighbors are fairly affluent and send their children there. My 6 year old is currently in first grade and gets a small amount of homework every night but Friday and I can say that she has become quite a good reader and is learning a lot. There are no issues with discipline. The teachers are all well qualified. and friendly. Bethlehem is a top 100 place to live in 2006 Money Magazine and West Bethlehem is one of the best neighborhoods to live.

Last modified Calypso El School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.