Bethlehem, PA

Posted September 18, 2009
Calypso Elementary School is the best because we one of the few in the state of Pennsylvania that all the kids walk to school because we are a community (neighborhood) school. Plus the staff work very well together & we do lots of fun & educational things with our students.

Posted September 16, 2009
It is truly a community school where the parents and teachers work together .

Posted September 16, 2009
The staff truly cares about our children. We develop relationships with them and try to build on their strengths and celebrate their accomplishments.

Posted June 15, 2009
My son will be attending kindergarten in '09-'10, so all I have for now is first impressions. I met the principal, Dr. Elizabeth Conard, who impresses me as a competent captain of her ship. I'm also impressed with the guidance counselor, Mrs. Carol Shaud, who is genuinely interested in and concerned with the children. She is very well informed. And I like the small school size. I don't feel my son will be lost in a 'mill'.

Posted September 18, 2008
Calypso is very big on parent involvement, very community oriented, and really tries to get to know the families. I am so glad that my child goes here.

Posted March 24, 2007
I live two blocks from Calypso. I went to school there over thirty years ago and bought a house in the neighborhood so my children could attend. The neighborhood is diverse with many mansions a block away on Prospect Ave. There are apartments a few blocks away on Lehigh St. I would imagine that is why the numbers are so high for free lunches as all my neighbors are fairly affluent and send their children there. My 6 year old is currently in first grade and gets a small amount of homework every night but Friday and I can say that she has become quite a good reader and is learning a lot. There are no issues with discipline. The teachers are all well qualified. and friendly. Bethlehem is a top 100 place to live in 2006 Money Magazine and West Bethlehem is one of the best neighborhoods to live.

Calypso El School
1021 Calypso Ave, Bethlehem, PA  18018
Last modified Calypso El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calypso El School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top