Posted January 21, 2011
This is my fifth year as a SG parent and I'm happy to say I have 4 more to go! The teachers are wonderful, some are obviously better than others but they all have their strength. The school is wonderfully diverse and has an active PTA that is always sponsoring fun things like Family Fun Nights and Doughnut Days and such. The big downside is SG feeds EVERY middle school in the district and it makes it one sad last day for the fifth graders! But - I had my daughter in a small private school for two years before I started her at SG and I can say the SG package is so much better.

Spring Garden El School 4

Posted May 06, 2010

Posted May 05, 2009
We love this school, it has really been a wonderful year for our son!!!

Posted April 01, 2008

Posted February 20, 2008
Overall, we had a god experience at SG. We enjoyed the yearly school wide theme concept, visiting authors, student council and music program. The teachers run the school and are its heart. I loved the PTA events and acivities!

Posted November 06, 2007
This is a great school. I have had a great experience here. All the teachers are great and the PTA is active. We have many field trips because of them. The assemblies are great. If you or your child is a Kindergardener or a 1st grader, you or your child will get an older student to be your buddy and help you with things such as reading. It is overall a great school, and I am a student there so I know.

Posted July 24, 2007
My daughter had a great experience at Spring Garden. Most of her teachers were top notch. Severeal were near retirement but provided her with what she needed to succeed. The PTA was very active and was always doing new things. She already misses SG!

Posted May 30, 2007
I have nephews/nieces in other local schools and I feel that Spring Garden is one of the better schools in the area. The teachers and parents communication is fantastic, the academics is spot-on, and the variety of things they offer my child is wonderful. I'm totally pleased with the learning, teaching, and environment at Spring Garden.

Spring Garden El School 3

Posted February 08, 2007
My child's experience was not great here. In large part, the experience depends on the teacher to which your child is assigned. This year she has an awesome teacher, but for 2 or 3 years, she had teachers who were on the verge of retirement and there was little to no creativity in the classroom. Additionally, the SG administration is not helpful w/regard to learning difficulties. If your child doesn't easily fall into a readily identifiable category for an IEP, then you will have difficulty w/this administration. My child was on the edge and we had to advocate strongly to get the school's attention w/regard to behavior issues. Parent involvement is great here, as is the PTA. Again, don't expect this administration to be proactive if your child doesn't fit neatly into a category.

Posted October 29, 2006

Spring Garden El School
901 North Blvd, Bethlehem, PA  18017
Last modified Spring Garden El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Garden El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.