Bad
Good

Great teachers and administrators. Real sense of community, they make all the kids like a major part of the school

The teachers are extremely kind and caring. While academics are important, the school realizes the need for a strong social/emotional foundation at this age. "The Leader in Me" program fosters age appropriate competency and KINDNESS! The Principal embodies this philosophy and it shows. As a parent and educator, I couldn't be more pleased with this educational institution!

I have been a parent for 7 years at this school. Stay away if your child has a IEP with specific learning disability especially with reading. The teachers will cover for each other. You need to fight to have your child tested and keep demanding they do something. They ruined my daughters elementary school education.

This is my fifth year as a SG parent and I'm happy to say I have 4 more to go! The teachers are wonderful, some are obviously better than others but they all have their strength. The school is wonderfully diverse and has an active PTA that is always sponsoring fun things like Family Fun Nights and Doughnut Days and such. The big downside is SG feeds EVERY middle school in the district and it makes it one sad last day for the fifth graders! But - I had my daughter in a small private school for two years before I started her at SG and I can say the SG package is so much better.

We love this school, it has really been a wonderful year for our son!!!

Overall, we had a god experience at SG. We enjoyed the yearly school wide theme concept, visiting authors, student council and music program. The teachers run the school and are its heart. I loved the PTA events and acivities!

This is a great school. I have had a great experience here. All the teachers are great and the PTA is active. We have many field trips because of them. The assemblies are great. If you or your child is a Kindergardener or a 1st grader, you or your child will get an older student to be your buddy and help you with things such as reading. It is overall a great school, and I am a student there so I know.

My daughter had a great experience at Spring Garden. Most of her teachers were top notch. Severeal were near retirement but provided her with what she needed to succeed. The PTA was very active and was always doing new things. She already misses SG!

I have nephews/nieces in other local schools and I feel that Spring Garden is one of the better schools in the area. The teachers and parents communication is fantastic, the academics is spot-on, and the variety of things they offer my child is wonderful. I'm totally pleased with the learning, teaching, and environment at Spring Garden.

My child's experience was not great here. In large part, the experience depends on the teacher to which your child is assigned. This year she has an awesome teacher, but for 2 or 3 years, she had teachers who were on the verge of retirement and there was little to no creativity in the classroom. Additionally, the SG administration is not helpful w/regard to learning difficulties. If your child doesn't easily fall into a readily identifiable category for an IEP, then you will have difficulty w/this administration. My child was on the edge and we had to advocate strongly to get the school's attention w/regard to behavior issues. Parent involvement is great here, as is the PTA. Again, don't expect this administration to be proactive if your child doesn't fit neatly into a category.

Last modified Spring Garden El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.