Bethlehem, PA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Dear parents, Broughal is on an exciting journey of transformational change. We want to provide students with a strong educational background supported by vast educational experiences. Broughal can provide students with an educational experience like no other in the Lehigh Valley. The relationships with various community agencies makes Broughal a cutting edge facility for learning. We invite you to experience the heart of the southside. Detrick, McGriff, Ed. D
July 22, 2014

Broughal Middle School 1

Posted August 08, 2014
My daughter is afraid to tell the teacher she along with her friend were being bullied repeatedly, she said "the teachers are not helpful." I am looking into a new school now. Middle school is one of the most impressionable years of a child's life. Involve your child in picking their own school. 1. To parents and guardians, tell your kids SELF DEFENSE! And be involved and supportive in their lives so they can alert you of bullying and anything else that's suspicious. Most importantly, take them serious and do not belittle them. 2. To classmates and friends and kids going to this school, please report this to your teachers, if one teacher does nothing, report it to another teacher or even your principal. Please be brave and stop the cycle of bullying so no more kids get hurt. 3. To teachers, please be tactful and use therapeutic communication. The ideal confrontation between kids is to pull the kids involved but what about the consequences afterwards? The bully may continue to target the bullied, calling him/her tattletale. 4. To my daughter, I love you very much. I'm going to makes changes to give you a much more better schooling than you have now. Thanks for reading!

Broughal Middle School 3

Posted May 18, 2014
I been bullied at this school so I don't plan to come back next year but there after school programs are great.

Broughal Middle School 2

Posted February 13, 2014
Broughal Middle School use to be the most homely school ever, where alumni could come back with open arms. Now it feels as if you walked into a prison. The students at Broughal Middle School have never been a problem. Myself being a former Broughal Rocket, has never had a problem with students as people seem to throw out to the public. But now I have seen that the teachers, have made the school and the students seem like a prison. I am sadden that I come pack and have to see sad faces on these students. I am deeply hurt, that I thought I would leave behind a loving place, but to my surprise I see great sadness. Overall the school has went from 5 star rating to now a 2 star rating. I don't know what has gone wrong between the time I left and now but I don't like it. I wish I could feel welcomed back to my old school once more.....Thank You.

Posted September 30, 2011
First and foremost, every school has fights. I attend Northeast and was once at Broughal for 6th and 7th grade. Northeast is no better than Broughal. Girls in Northeast wear shorter shorts than young ladies at Broughal. And this website isn't so good either, because you can't judge a school by what some students do, because its based on what the parents allow their sons and daughters to do. But in other words, Broughal is indeeed a good school. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. If you want to see terrible like how most are describing it, look at schools in Camden, NJ. Not that is a bad place overall. So before you say a school is bad, look at some others and see what the grass is like on the other side.

Posted March 30, 2011
For all of you trashing Broughal. Get a life. I myself am in that school. I am in 6th grade. . There is no school better than Broughal. Take it from me. Ive been in many schools. Broguhal is a nice place. The school is big and has many subjects. For all you saying the principal is never in with us. Think again. Our principal is usually with us. Not every day because he goes to a classroom everyday. Broughal is way better than East Hill and North East. So stop being haters and learn the hard facts.

Broughal Middle School 3

Posted May 25, 2010
There is too much of the street brought into the school., and from what I have seen a dress code non existant.

Broughal Middle School 0

Posted March 03, 2010
This is not a true rating ..Broughal is not a good school if your child is a true learner ,The principal isnt in tune with his student there not even a PTA at this school the guidance counselors are very helpful...

Posted February 04, 2010

Posted July 20, 2009

Broughal Middle School 0

Posted June 07, 2009
Broughal is the best school ever!! I love it there and never want to leave. I am so sad at the end of every year because I have to say good-bye to my teachers. I love the teachers at Broughal and no matter what other people say I still love it there. So what if we don't ever have homework, do you know how hard we work during the day!?! And when I go to Liberty I'll prove that students from Broughal are the best! No one is better than Broughal!! :)

Broughal Middle School
114 West Morton Street, Bethlehem, PA  18015
Last modified Broughal Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broughal Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top