Posted February 10, 2014
I am extremely disappointed with the education my two children received at Freedom High School. Neither of my children was prepared well for college (reading, writing, critical thinking) even though they took AP, honors and/or the college prep track. There is so much wrong with this school and its programs - academic and athletic - on every level. The few excellent teachers are overwhelmed by the mediocrity and lack of commitment of their co-workers. On the other hand, the social scene and use of social media are fantastic - 24/7! Students must be self-motivated to apply to colleges and there is no career or college advising curriculum. Availability of electives is minimal and involvement in other-than sports & plays activities is very low. I would recommend taking the number of credits to graduate and then dual enroll in community college. Community service is not monitored and depends on the student's initiative. There are no programs in place to assist students who are having a hard time or are failing other than a very weak "peer" tutor program. Teachers generally do not stay after school. The place clears out so quickly that you would think the fire alarm went off. So sad.

Freedom High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I Love Freedom High because it offers a wide range of students from mentally handicapped to gifted the opportunity to learn in a safe caring environment. Thank You

Freedom High School 3

Posted May 06, 2009
I feel Freedom High School is a good school but i also feel the school should have a better teaching staff. I feel some of the teachers let kids get away with things that should be taken care of. I feel they dont pay attention to what goes on in their classrooms cause if they did their would be no problems. I feel they also have their favorites in the students. One thing they should seriously think about is not letting no electronic devices in the school at all.

Posted April 03, 2009
I love the school! I just dislike some teachers. But overall it's an amazing school.

Posted June 12, 2008

Posted March 19, 2008

Posted October 17, 2007
Freedom High School has been great. For the past 4 years I have been able to only concentrate on 4 subjects per semester and my grades have gone up since middle school

Freedom High School 4

Posted April 02, 2007
Freedom High School has been great for my son. I love the block classes and the time that it gives the teachers to provide extra help to those who need it. My son only has to concentrate on 4 classes at a time and seems to learn well under this system. My younger son will start there this coming year and is learning disabled. I believe that he will do very well in this school.

Posted February 08, 2007
I don't think this school is up to par and there is too many students to teacher ratio. Teachers are letting kids do what they want and just continue to teach and no one is learning anything.Basically its teach yourself.The scores for this school is proof enough. Sure they have great athletics but after high school where does that leave the kids,unless there's that one in a million superstar.More time needs to be put in to teach the students and they need a controlled environment

Freedom High School 4

Posted March 24, 2005

Freedom High School
3149 Chester Ave, Bethlehem, PA  18020
Last modified Freedom High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top