Public charter
Bethlehem, PA
Students enrolled: 1,065

Posted September 28, 2015
Great teachers. Great school. So happy we had this alternative to the district we live in.

Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Cs 3

Posted August 06, 2015
Our son attended LVA for 5 years (K - 4th grade), we loved the school for his first four years. Unfortunately, the school has seemed to change during the past year. It appears the core philosophy has changed as they deal with a growing number of disruptive students. The curriculum no longer seems as advanced as it once was. The teachers are very good, but seem to be struggling with the changing student population. We wish LVA the best of luck in the future, but we are not willing to risk our son's education (thankfully we have many options).

Posted May 21, 2015
My daughter started here first, then my son started two years later. I love love love this school. I love that their expectations are high, it prepares the kids for real world. They have teachers two years in a row which helps kids feel comfortable and not be nervous about new students and teachers. I will admit that kindergarten is a little more demanding than my daughters kindergarten school, but my son has learned a lot and his teacher is great. It doesn't give him much time to slack. I keep constant communication with both teachers.

Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Cs 4

Posted March 01, 2015
While LVA is certainly an excellent school, it is not for everyone. I'm currently a student in 7th grade, and have watched as many of my peers drop out due to minimal sports or the difficulty of our assignments. Regardless of your grade, a lot is expected of you. We have to take Spanish, Algebra, History, Lit and Comp, Health and Phys Ed, Science, Art, Design Tech, Reading, and some sort of Music. Most days, you can expect to have homework, projects, and tests for at least two-thirds of your classes. Luckily, our block scheduling makes it manageable. All grades are tracked on a website called Jupiter, where you and your parents can constantly see your GPA and homework. Having even one missing assignment can significantly lower your grade, and it's hard to recover if you fall behind. However, what I don't think anyone realizes is that LVA is supposed to be like this. It's an IB school, with a clear focus on academics and hardworking, intelligent students. There isn't much of a gifted or special needs program because that is the expectation. If this is what you look for in a school, than you shouldn't be bothered by the dress code, or the high standards, or the long bus rides.

Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Cs 1

Posted January 08, 2015
I would not recommend this school they are so disorganized. They bring your grade down so much if you are missing a assignment and also unfair about the opportunities you can chose from.

Posted April 29, 2014
We love LVA and the staff. LVA prepares children for real world scenarios and offers a progressive international baccalaureate program. We are pleased with the curriculum and quality of work he brings homes each day. Th PTO is very involved and helps parents who work FT. My son is in track and baseball through our local school program and church. I know we made the right decision to send our son to LVA and we are thankful to be part of the LVA community.

Posted April 03, 2014
Lehigh Valley Academy Regional CS is a wonderful school that provides top of the line education. They continue to inspire the parent teacher environment for the best possible outcome for the students. They continue to inspire the children to always do their best!

Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Cs 1

Posted March 31, 2014
As others have commented, do NOT enroll your child here if you have an IEP. This school will go to great lengths to avoid providing any services. We have received nothing but difficulties from the school administration. Thank goodness we moved to a good school district so we can get our kids out of this place. Oh, and don't bother if your kid is gifted either, they apparently don't want to provide those services either.

Posted November 05, 2013
My son started 5 grade this school year at LVA and we have only good things to say. My son had a difficult 2 month adjusting to the new school which it's normal coming from a private Catholic School. I noticed my son has become more independent and more efficient since he started at LVA. Math and Reading levels are higher then the private school my son used to go to. He likes gym, Spanish, Art, and band lessons. Teachers are young and well prepared with latest technology and he loves the Eno board in the classroom. I can't be more happy to have my son attending LVA.

Posted November 04, 2013
My son has been at this school for 3 years, beginning in kindergarten. They have an all day kindergarten program, which you can't find in many public schools. They begin their day earlier then public schools and go longer at the end of the day as well. They begin a second language in kindergarten. They offer many classes you can't find at a public school, or public schools are taking away funding. LVA offers drama, music, art and Chinese. You must be an involved parent!! I love the education that my son has received thus far and would recommend anyone to enroll their child.

Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Cs
1560 Valley Center Parkway, Bethlehem, PA  18017
Last modified Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Cs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top