Posted October 21, 2014
I enjoyed my education at Charter Arts as I was able to spend time with passionate students and teachers who understood my love for my art as well as my core classes. All of my teachers are hard working and passionate about the subject they teach. The only disappointment I have experienced is the administration. They become very frantic at simple issues. If you are having a problem at the school, it is best to go to your guidance counselor and they will fix it quickly. Although I am not going to be pursuing my art in the future, I am glad I attended this school and I'm very happy with all the opportunities it has brought me.

Posted March 28, 2014
I am a sophomore at The Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts(Charts) and I must say, I have had a wonderful experience. Since I transferred to Charts, my average grades have gone up two letter marks, thanks to the fantastic teachers. The staff, both in arts and academics, are dedicated and enthusiastic, and motivate each individual to express themselves in positive ways, and strive for greatness in more than just their arts. Charter Arts, contrary to popular belief, DOES indeed have academic courses that are required for graduation, and are intellectually stimulating and informative. The over qualified staff keep students in line, and help to prepare them for the real world. I love my school, and would never even dream of going back to my old school. In fact, I have nightmares about it!

Posted March 07, 2014
My daughter is a freshman this year and absolutely loves her new school! She is finally able to be herself without the fear of being judged or bullied. She loves the theater department and is also taking AP courses that are very challenging, but she has been balancing both very well. I would encourage parents of children who are interested in the arts to look into this school- you will be glad you did!

Posted December 17, 2013
My school could improve on how academics are taught, but it is hard because many of the students have not received the attention they need to thrive in school. Many students are behind, they come from surrounding schools that never challenged them therefor this school has to catch them up, and it becomes difficult to pay attention to the advanced students. I personally am in the theatre program, it is very rigorous, and after only one year I have learned more than I ever have in any of the classes that I have taken in Philadelphia or New York.

Posted October 30, 2013
lvpa- is where my student attends and the school has poor teachers, poor leadership and lots of criminal conduct with the kids bringing drugs to the school and the teachers think just because they are hired there that they dont have any rules either. They curse infront of the students yet expect for children not to curse. Just an example. You ask for certain allegations to be investigated regarding your child and the principal herself doesn't even have all the facts or info they just repeat what the teacher wants done to the student like the teacher is always right and never wrong. Also, how fair is it that when you try to list a complaint to a superintendent there is non because the schools principal doesnt report to a superintendent she reports to a school board which consists of the very teachers that are on the complaint list...my advise...STAY CLEAR OF THIS SCHOOL they will make a case out of your child if they dont like them.

Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts 3

Posted September 01, 2013
Just makes sense that the students in this school test higher in English and Writing rather than in Math and Science. It is an arts school, therefore the majority of the students would be right-brained people. If a student's goal is to go into liberal arts or performance, then this would be a good fit. If your goal is for total college-prep, why go to an Arts school?

Posted June 06, 2013
I attended this school a year ago and can say that although I had fun I have been crushed in college. I was so unprepared. Fun and acceptance should not have been my guide, but academics. I was warned but did not really want to work hard in high school. Many of my LVPA friends are feeling the same and some are not going back to college either by choice or could not make it.

Posted June 03, 2013
THe science and honor's programs are a joke. They would not be be considered academic level anywhere else. There are no labs in science classes, the foreign language teachers do not know the language and few courses actually use books. The arts programs are based on who gives $ and favoritism more than talent. Look deep before you go.

Posted January 09, 2013
I am a current freshman theatre major and this school is absolutely perfect. a lot of people believe that LVPA has horrible academics, but the truth is I would be getting worse academics if I was still going to Freedom in the bethlehem area school district. Lvpa is just an amazing experience and everyone really wants to be here, and nobody is being forced to go, unlike at the regular public schools. The theatre program is absolutely wonderful and is much better than the community theatre classes I have been taking for 9 years. I have gained so much experience just from being here half a year and i would never have stayed at freedom even if my life had depended on it. There is no bullying and everyone is welcome here. The type of people at lvpa get bullied in regular schools and this is a safe haven for all types of people. most of my best friends are gay and they are loved just the same. It's just amazing and anybody who looks down on lvpa is hated by me because this school is the best thing thats happened to everyone who attends it.

Posted December 30, 2012
Going to LVPA (or now known as the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts) has truly changed my life. The school has provided me with so many opportunities that have allowed me to grow not only as a student and artist, but as a person. These teachers genuinely love their job and would do anything for their students. Of course, if a student isn't putting in any effort towards their studies, they will not succeed, just like in any other school. However, I have found during my time at at this school, that most kids try their hardest. The environment is so encouraging; students will help each other, teachers give their freetime to help tutor, and the learning process is fun and creative. Although we have been given a bad reputation for our academics in the past, the truth is that they couldn't be more wrong. The academics are always on par with the art classes, if not better. In fact, I came here partially because the academics were better than my home school! I hope to get into either Yale University or Princeton University, and I couldn't be happier with my choice of going to LVPA. And, if it weren't for LVPA, I don't think I would have found the ambition to set those goals.

Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts
675 East Broad St, Bethlehem, PA  18018
Last modified Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top