Posted August 04, 2014
I am a junior enrolled in Keystone and it has been a complete nightmare. The reading material almost never matches the quiz, depending on what course you take. Also, the teachers are so hard to come in contact with. When they do reply, the are all very short and don't even answer the question, so you have to ask again but be very specific. The amount of writing assignments are insane and the instructions on what they are looking for are completely vague. They never grade according to the rubric, and while they have graded my assignments, my teachers have said some condescending things about the way they were written. I was an A++ student before Keystone, and now I am barely passing. This school will suck the life out of your students passion for learning, and it will most likely be replaced with frustration and confusion. If you still want to enroll your child, proceed with extreme caution..

Keystone National High School 4

Posted June 16, 2014
I'll be honest, I chose Keystone because it was cheap and flexible. At first it took some serious adjusting but I got used to it. I don't think I could ever return to a normal high school setting. There is a lot of busy work but that's kind of to be expected. And yes, some teachers do grade easier than others. And yes, some of the material is outdated. But, overall, I love it. I will get to graduate early and with at least 10 AP credits. It's non-religious, which is a huge plus in my opinion. And the guidance counselor has always treated me so nicely as have my teachers. It's online so it can be weird connecting with some of the teachers but overall, its no problem. I'm just looking to get into college as quickly and effectively as possible. High school was never really my thing anyways. The only problem I really have is the clubs; I wish there were more clubs or something. Maybe debate or maybe an NHS group or something. Or a group that meets up to talk about global issues or economics. I don't really care; I just want something that pertains to my major and gives me a bit more social interaction.

Keystone National High School 4

Posted May 13, 2014
I started Keystone a little less than a year ago, and I can completely relate to the mixed reviews here. At first, I needed a program that would let me graduate early and give me a diploma, and Keystone successfully helped me achieve that. I was able to transfer all 16 credits I had previously earned at my public school, and most homeschool programs don't allow credit transfers. Also, the curriculum was decent, although some courses like Geography is completely outdated, and when I say outdated, I mean like 4-6 years behind. And there were times where I was extremely stressed, because I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to finish on time. But I was able to finish all my courses, 4 months early, by studying 9 hours/everyday. There are so many assignments, so for those of you considering Keystone, BE PREPARED. You literally need to invest at least 6 hours a day, or you'll fall so much behind. Regarding teachers, they aren't really 'teacher's, they just answer few emails and grade your work. But overall, I really enjoyed it. And I finishsed all my courses today, and am waiting for my diploma and transcript so that I can apply to college.

Keystone National High School 5

Posted March 26, 2014
Keystone has offered my child challenge, rigor, and responsibility. It IS writing intensive...which is good! It does allow the student to move at their own pace. My daughter learned a valuable lesson about procrastinating. It was costly but a lesson she needed to learn. Issues - There was a grading glitch in one of the computerized quizzes but the teacher quickly took care of the issue as soon as he was made aware of the problem. Not all teachers give as much feedback as others but that isn't so different from the public school she previously attended. This program is NOT for everyone but it has given my child incredible opportunities to do the things she wants to outside of school (rodeo, 4H, travel) while still getting a college prep education. The foreign languages offered are far more diverse in selection than we could ever get in our rural location. My daughter began work at Keystone in the 9th grade.

Keystone National High School 5

Posted February 09, 2014
I personally think Keystone is a great private school. I started sending my son to Keystone in 9th grade because there are no private school options in our area, and we were dissatisfied with the public school system. Now he is doing better than ever before. The great thing about Keystone is that it is highly flexible, which means my son can participate in sports, theater, and travel, and still be able to do his work wherever there is an internet connection. Highly recommended!

Keystone National High School 3

Posted January 30, 2014
I am a senior working on my final class at keystone before I graduate. Honestly, I probably could not do another semester with this program. While I managed to get through with straight A's, it was WAY too much BUSY WORK! You read the tests, find the answers, and wait for a grade. As for the essays and journals? Incredibly too much and totally unnecessary. I attended public school from kindergarten till my sophomore year in high school before I switched to Keystone because of issues with the public school system. I was in all gifted & honors classes while attending public school-- I was at the top of my class, and was able to skip a year in both math & science. Yet when I made the switch to Keystone, school quickly became an enemy. I will admit, I'm graduating early due to Keystone's flexible schedule, but it was an extremely stressful process. It OVER prepares students for college. I did not attempt to contact a teacher for any of my classes because I did not need to, so I cannot comment on their responsiveness. Overall, Keystone works if you're trying to quickly finish school, learn to grow up & be very responsible, & teach yourself entirely. Definitely not for everyone.

Posted January 28, 2014
Keystone is absolutely horrible. I am taking two of the AP course online- Comp Sci and microeconomics. My Comp Sci teacher gives me an 100 on every assignment I submit even if i submit a blank document. When i contacted the administration about this multiple times, they would reply with a bogus excuse. The teachers never respond to my emails when I have questions and the curriculum is very difficult to understand. Even if I have a simple question, Keystone does not answer it. Other fellow students in my school use Keystone for other subjects and they also despise it. Their math programs are impossible and don't teach properly. They are constantly confused by the information and do not learn properly from it. I highly recommend that no one use Keystone. It causes a lot of aggravation and I would not be surprised if this whole institution was a scam, hiring teachers who just need extra income but don't actually want to teach.

Posted January 06, 2014
Keystone has been a nightmare. I'm in 11th grade and this is my first year not being in a traditional classroom setting. I've always loved English, and this is the first year I've ever dreaded it. Every single assignment is a writing assignment that doesn't help me at all. I feel like I'm not learning anything and that I'm just completing the assignment for a grade. The teachers are no help at all. I feel like I'm teaching myself everything. Now every day I'm stressed out about how I'm going to finish all of the classes I'm behind in. I would not recommend Keystone for students like me who are new to homeschooling.

Keystone National High School 2

Posted December 19, 2013
I go to a Keystone Online. The way the system works to my knowledge is where you log in, read lessons, and do the work yourself by yourself. The teacher there is there for grading the assignments and can answer questions when the students ask. The teacher doesn t teach, the student does. I can t seem to remember anything I learn from online school. I am learning things to pass the assignments and tests. This online approach only works on math for me. I am able to go through math somewhat quickly and efficiently. For the other subjects, they are not going so well. I find it very difficult to stay focus and do my school work at home. I have become a less motivated and more procrastinated(and lazy) student. I have an urge to watch YouTube videos and check Facebook lots of times in the day when I am suppose to be studying. I miss the classroom where the teacher is actually teaching in real life. If I couldn t go back to school, I wish I could have a private teacher/tutor. (My parents love online schooling. They think I am learning more and not just learning to past a test. And that can go at my own pace. They hope more people will do online instead of traditional.)

Posted December 16, 2013
It has nothing to do with self-discipline. The school officials need to stop submitting reviews. Plain and simple this is a business. You will not get the teacher oversight that you have from a brick and mortar school. The Dean is uninvolved except to defend 'the graders' (there are some teachers but very few). Stay away from the AP courses especially you would be better served taking a 'regular' course and picking up an AP exam book and teaching yourself. Keystone MAY be a means to an end but you'll have to be very, very patient with this overall crummy diploma mill. Don't believe me? Check HomeSchoolReviews dot com for more telling information.

Keystone National High School
420 West Fifth Street, Bloomsburg, PA  17815
Last modified Keystone National High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Keystone National High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top