6-12|Private
9,900 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I truly am thankful for keystone. I have learned an incredible amount of information and the teachers are very helpful. I especially like the in depth feedback you are given on completed assignments. I will say that you have to be a motivated person and be able to set your own goals because this is completely individual learning. As one who loves to learn and can easily teach myself, I have excelled in this school. The AP classes are very difficult but do not push you to the point of exhaustion. Overall, you are one who is self motivated, I would highly recommend keystone.

Signing up for the Keystone program seemed like a great idea and a wonderful alternative to public schooling, sadly that was not the case. Keystone made my life an absolute nightmare with up to 300 assignments per course most of which took two or more hours to complete. In addition to having a mass amount of assignments they were poorly constructed on pdf files that couldn't be typed on or saved and written with no directions at a third grade reading level - while I was in 11th grade. Even after doing my best and submitting assignments, teachers would remove the grades and tell me it was not to their liking instead of just giving me the grade I may have deserved. At this point I never would've graduated with keystone and after two years of working on six courses I never was able to graduate. I had to move on to get my GED or I still would be working with keystone with no diploma. I could never get in touch with teacher or customer support at any time of the day during any day of the week. Keystone was an expensive time consuming nightmare. I regret using keystone and I will never use it again or reccomend it to anyone.

Any Keystone teacher can double up as a teacher for any subject. They do not respond in time and their responses are ambiguous and not helpful. The staff is rude. They seem to despise their students. Worst of all are their leaders who are real bullies. No one seems to care. The higher you go up to complain the more bigoted and stubborn idiots you meet. Plagiarism seems to be more of a problem of their teachers than of the students. They exhausted my children with silly assignments that have nothing to do with learning and finally they added insult to injury. This is the worst school experience that you can never imagine. There are many better schools out there. I cannot imagine a worst experience.

The teachers are bullies who don't care about their students at all. They have a "No Zero Policy" that is extremely vague and malarkey. If a student wishes to pass a class with a C, they should be able to turn in just enough work to get such a grade. I have 2 A's, 2 B's, and 1 C. They deliberately abused this system even though I told them I took the class to get my High School Diploma quickly to be able to enlist into the Marine Corps as soon as possible. I had to delay my ship date simply because any work they felt wasn't up to their standards would be re-submitted even if I did the work. The education here is shoddy as well. No amount of effort in this curriculum would educate anyone much at all. The guidance counselors are aggressive, incompetent, and useless people who do nothing for students who don't wish to go to college. As if you could get into a good university with this Tier 2 school in your resume. I have never experienced such deliberate bullying from school administration because of their prejudice against a student whose aspirations are to be in the military, not a college. They simply follow their senseless set of rules and policies but don't follow any code of honor, morality, or generosity towards others. Education - 0/10. Counseling - 0/10. Administrative help - 0/10. Teacher to Student relations/help - 0/10. The students mean nothing to this school. They just wish to rake the loads of money their parents spend on the school and "pass" the students to their standards of "education".

Amount of homework: Disagree

It might have been slightly too much considering it is a Tier 2 school. The amount of homework is close to the right amount but differs extremely by subject. For instance, my Health/Nutrition and Wellness class (aka P.E.) had just as much work or more than my English 4 class. Also, they didn't accept my 3 years in JROTC at my past school as P.E. even though at that school it was considered P.E. How is a Physical Education class as hard or harder than an English 4 class? The amount of work I am considering are the 30+ 500 - 750 word essays on vague, useless, and noneducational topics.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

In now way did they help me graduate. They even went so far as to redefine their vague "No Zero Policy" to their standards just to keep me working in their class even though I had done all the work and had the grades to pass my senior class with a 3.2 GPA. The only thing they did for me was delay my ship date to recruit training because they kept demanding re-submissions to assignments they did't feel met their standards. And I have a strong feeling it is because I let them know they were being extremely inconsiderate to me. After that, they were extremely rude, aggressive, and stubborn on getting me to turn in useless work that met A standards. They have no sense of honor, generosity, humanity, or honesty.

Don't know why there's so many bad reviews about this school. My daughter has been enrolled in keystone for two years now and both me and her love it. Great school plus great teachers. Couldn't ask for more.

Keystone was a bad experience. I should have paid attention to the reviews. My daughter signed up for 6 courses over 2 years but the schoolwork was too easy and uninteresting. It's a money-making machine with no support for students or parents. I requested assistance from the Keystone "Learning Coach" but she knew less about the program and motivational skills than I did. She showed no concern and had no advice on how to handle the online experience. I was able to cancel 2 courses and receive a partial refund. But the second time around, NO REFUND because my daughter had not submitted any assignments within 30 days. Keystone will warn you if the student is going too slowly through the course, but will not warn you that there is NO REFUND if there is NO ACTIVITY. We had a decent experience with George Washington University Online High School, part of the K-12 company. The advisor and administrators were attentive and acted like they cared.

My daughter has been enrolled with Keystone for her Junior and Senior year of high school and is a week or two from graduation. She had been at the top ranked public high school in NC. I have been so impressed with The Keystone School! The English classes in particular are excellent with far more required writing than public school, which is imperative for success at college. The classes are not easy, and require real work and research. We have had excellent teacher response times, almost always the same day- find it hard to believe anyone has had trouble reaching a teacher as stated in some of the other reviews. The Keystone offices are equally responsive. Excellent curriculum, great teachers, and an excellent option when typical high school is just not the right fit for your child.

I was at this school for 7 months and did not like it. The teachers are awful at responding to emails. You have to repeatedly email them and even then, you're lucky if they respond. Other times I would contact the learning coach, but even they would rarely respond.Questions are normally left unanswered and that leaves the student frustrated. This means that they can't complete the assignment because they don't understand it. Often the curriculum builds up on the previous lesson, so when you can't master a concept, the next lesson is brutal. I took 4 classes here, and only one of the teachers was terrific at responding to emails and grading things promptly. Even when parents get involved, it often doesn't help. I have taken online classes before, but have never experienced such a unorganized system. Overall, I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Keystone National High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12