Bloomsburg, PA
Students enrolled: 9,900
After care: No

Posted August 12, 2015
I was at this school for 7 months and did not like it. The teachers are awful at responding to emails. You have to repeatedly email them and even then, you're lucky if they respond. Other times I would contact the learning coach, but even they would rarely respond.Questions are normally left unanswered and that leaves the student frustrated. This means that they can't complete the assignment because they don't understand it. Often the curriculum builds up on the previous lesson, so when you can't master a concept, the next lesson is brutal. I took 4 classes here, and only one of the teachers was terrific at responding to emails and grading things promptly. Even when parents get involved, it often doesn't help. I have taken online classes before, but have never experienced such a unorganized system. Overall, I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 04, 2015
• I recently graduated from the Keystone online high school. This school provides a thriving education system and offers a huge variety of courses. The teachers provide excellent and detailed feedback on an individual’s work. The guidance counselor and the team provide helpful insight to the students including: college application process, recommendation letters, career opportunities and the major choices. They also provide webinars with helpful insight to both students and parents. This school provides feasible and flexible scheduling for the courses. I really like it very much. My mom is very happy with my achievements and skills. I am very pleased with this school and I highly recommend choosing Keystone online high school to pursue your education.

Posted May 06, 2015
This was an awful school. My son did some grade recovery here because of an accident he was in. The teachers were awful. They offered no assistance when it was needed. Plus they never updated their grades. It was pathetic. I wish they would get more qualified/or hardworking employees. It has great potential but in my opinion it is managed poorly.

Posted May 03, 2015
I transfered to this school when i got sick and couldn't be in a regular school anymore. I do a mix of online and mail in courses. I would recommend doing all online classes instead though because you'll get graded faster. Anyway, you go at your own pace, teachers always respond fast, and you get the same, if not better classes than traditional schools. Because i go at my own pace i can really go over some tricky subjects. I have the freedom to take days off, too. I love the opportunities this school has given to me

Posted February 13, 2015
I do love the school and everything it has to offer my child. The staff at the school is very friendly and helpful and I was always satisfied with my personal experience with the school and staff. I only ever had trouble with one helper in I think it was the Student Services department, I think she was an elderly women named Kris or Chris ? She was so negative, monotone and not at all helpful... I felt like she never knew what the heck she was talking about but besides the seemingly only "bad seed" I would enroll with Keystone for my child all over again.

Posted August 04, 2014
I am a junior enrolled in Keystone and it has been a complete nightmare. The reading material almost never matches the quiz, depending on what course you take. Also, the teachers are so hard to come in contact with. When they do reply, the are all very short and don't even answer the question, so you have to ask again but be very specific. The amount of writing assignments are insane and the instructions on what they are looking for are completely vague. They never grade according to the rubric, and while they have graded my assignments, my teachers have said some condescending things about the way they were written. I was an A++ student before Keystone, and now I am barely passing. This school will suck the life out of your students passion for learning, and it will most likely be replaced with frustration and confusion. If you still want to enroll your child, proceed with extreme caution..

Keystone National High School 4

Posted June 16, 2014
I'll be honest, I chose Keystone because it was cheap and flexible. At first it took some serious adjusting but I got used to it. I don't think I could ever return to a normal high school setting. There is a lot of busy work but that's kind of to be expected. And yes, some teachers do grade easier than others. And yes, some of the material is outdated. But, overall, I love it. I will get to graduate early and with at least 10 AP credits. It's non-religious, which is a huge plus in my opinion. And the guidance counselor has always treated me so nicely as have my teachers. It's online so it can be weird connecting with some of the teachers but overall, its no problem. I'm just looking to get into college as quickly and effectively as possible. High school was never really my thing anyways. The only problem I really have is the clubs; I wish there were more clubs or something. Maybe debate or maybe an NHS group or something. Or a group that meets up to talk about global issues or economics. I don't really care; I just want something that pertains to my major and gives me a bit more social interaction.

Keystone National High School 4

Posted May 13, 2014
I started Keystone a little less than a year ago, and I can completely relate to the mixed reviews here. At first, I needed a program that would let me graduate early and give me a diploma, and Keystone successfully helped me achieve that. I was able to transfer all 16 credits I had previously earned at my public school, and most homeschool programs don't allow credit transfers. Also, the curriculum was decent, although some courses like Geography is completely outdated, and when I say outdated, I mean like 4-6 years behind. And there were times where I was extremely stressed, because I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to finish on time. But I was able to finish all my courses, 4 months early, by studying 9 hours/everyday. There are so many assignments, so for those of you considering Keystone, BE PREPARED. You literally need to invest at least 6 hours a day, or you'll fall so much behind. Regarding teachers, they aren't really 'teacher's, they just answer few emails and grade your work. But overall, I really enjoyed it. And I finishsed all my courses today, and am waiting for my diploma and transcript so that I can apply to college.

Posted March 26, 2014
Keystone has offered my child challenge, rigor, and responsibility. It IS writing intensive...which is good! It does allow the student to move at their own pace. My daughter learned a valuable lesson about procrastinating. It was costly but a lesson she needed to learn. Issues - There was a grading glitch in one of the computerized quizzes but the teacher quickly took care of the issue as soon as he was made aware of the problem. Not all teachers give as much feedback as others but that isn't so different from the public school she previously attended. This program is NOT for everyone but it has given my child incredible opportunities to do the things she wants to outside of school (rodeo, 4H, travel) while still getting a college prep education. The foreign languages offered are far more diverse in selection than we could ever get in our rural location. My daughter began work at Keystone in the 9th grade.

Posted February 09, 2014
I personally think Keystone is a great private school. I started sending my son to Keystone in 9th grade because there are no private school options in our area, and we were dissatisfied with the public school system. Now he is doing better than ever before. The great thing about Keystone is that it is highly flexible, which means my son can participate in sports, theater, and travel, and still be able to do his work wherever there is an internet connection. Highly recommended!

Keystone National High School
920 Central Road, Bloomsburg, PA  17815
Last modified Keystone National High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Keystone National High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top