Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Even though I no longer live in this school district, I cyberschool my kids because of the very poor education I received at Carmichaels. Not all the teachers were bad, though I have heard it has become much worse. But one example of the inferior education they provide: I made pretty much all As in high school, including math. Got to college, struggled to pass basic math. What Carmichaels views as A work is D level work in college. That is the fault of the education system. I had no idea my skills were so inferior. As a college freshmen, it is embarrassing. The previous reviewer who graduted in 1969 must not live in reality. This school has gone even further downhill since my own graduation a little over a decade ago, with more abusive teachers, more drug issues, and I wonder have they replaced the old textbooks from the 70s I used or have they continued to slip that to fund more important things like sports uniforms or renovations? I am 100% certain the good school that perhaps once existed 40 years ago is long gone. I was very excited once I moved out of this district so I never have to deal with them. As the administration are also very well known for verbally abusing and harrassing any family who chooses to homeschool. I feel very bad for all of this schools students. They deserve better. Then again most come from broken, abusive, drug ravaged families who simply don't care. The whole community is dying. The downward spiral at the school is i suppose merely a reflection of that harsh reality.

Was educated by Carmichaels Area schools including the H.S. graduated in 1969. I think we received what we as students put into it far as a good education. Good old saying (nothing ventured nothing gained) Young people today want to blame everyone else for their failures not only as students but the parents too. Buck stops with YOU. You look and many influential prominent and great leaders got their start at Carmichaels.

I attended Carmichaels for a good portion education including all of high school and I find the school far from perfect, but definitely decent considering the socio-economic plight of the region its located. The education I received from Carmichaels helped me get into a top tier liberal arts college and now I am off to Villanova University School of Law. Basically the problems with the school deal with the local society as a whole. I did well because I am an ambitious person and I came from a family that pushed me to do well. If you want to do good, you will go far if you graduate from Carmichaels.

I felt cheated when I went to Carmichaels. Nobody wanted to learn and nobody wanted to teach. I was a gifted student but I felt average. When I went to college I realized my true potential because they challenged me to become great not just ok. College is frustrating but I can do it. Don't let college be frustrating for your children.

My child attended 8th, 9th & 10th gr., pulled him out to do cyber school. My child is truly receiving a better education. It seemed that most Carmichaels teachers, my child had, did not take the time to make sure each child was learning the material taught. I would not recommend Carmichaels Area School to anyone.

Last modified Carmichaels Area Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.