Bad
Good

Overall I haven't been disappointed in Carlynton School District. I have a third grader who gets the attention he needs when he needs it. There has been some tough teachers so far but you will have that in any school I would say. Carlynton is constantly get a bad rep but I don't have complaints. I like the small school atmosphere and my son can try out all the different sports to see which one he likes best. Some of the sport organizations are not very organized but other than that, overall I like the school.

I am happy with my sons progress at this school. They have the right discipline and learning strategy. Parents have to help with the learning process too. I feel I have great feedback and know what is expected of my child daily.

Crafton and Rosslyn Farms did not want to build one modern school. It is funny though that all the special needs children come here.So not only do we have more lower income children but we have all the special needs. It does take away from my child's learning. They try hard at Carnegie to educate everybody. Those scores are higher at Crafton Elementary due to less distractions in the classrooms I am sure. Remember Rosslyn all roads to CV lead to Carnegie. I know you are all better than us. We get screwed on the whole deal. I think that if you connect land to Pittsburgh a judge could decide to send you to the city schools. Now that would be ironic....

I have had a great experience with this school. The classrooms are small, teachers are attentive and caring, and so many additional enrichment opportunities have been offered to my two boys. We moved here three years ago and it has been nothing but positives. My boys love going to school each day.

Carnegie Elem.has been a big disappointment. A changing of principals(last yr.)and superintendent(2yrs ago)our current class size has gone from 18 to 26 children. The resources are not the best,and if you participate in band/chorus you are taken out of classes.The kids are starting 'non-grouping' classes in September,which means everyone is thrown together vs. group together based on knowledge. As you think about sending your child to this school, consider that the Superintendent and School Board are more concerned about PSSA scores instead of education. This school at best is mediocre.

Last modified Carnegie El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.