Carlynton Junior-Senior High School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
Hoping the school gets dissolved. When I went to school here 25 years ago it was pretty good. 25 years later it's poor! Poor quality of teachers, poor coaches, administration is lacking. Good staff come and go quickly leaving the ones behind who think they are good, very out of touch. Small school, your child can be on every team and in every event due to the numbers that they have. This caused less than stellar teams. Teachers are the coaches to keep the students under control. The students don't seem toons loosing, not a good environment to raise kids these days. If you are looking for a small School keep looking for the betterment of your child, love them enough to keep looking!

Posted August 22, 2013
We have had three of our children enrolled in the high school from grades 8 thru 12th since we moved into the Crafton area in 2007. The school has exceeded our expectations. We have been very pleased with the dedication of the teachers and coaches and the general support of the entire staff. We like the smaller size and feel very blessed to be a part of this wonderful community.

Posted April 25, 2013
I have no complaints about the education I received after being in the Carlynton School District from K-12. Teachers and coaches were great. Liked the small school atmosphere, yeah it is not perfect facility wise but they were nothing to complain about and usually better than the competition. I felt well prepared heading into college.

Posted August 07, 2012
I enjoyed my education at Carlyton. Yes, the district is small but because of this I feel like I had attentive teachers and the ability to get help when I needed it. I want to raise my family in this area because of this school district.

Posted August 21, 2011
I attended Carlynton from K through 12. I attended a 4 year University, am gainfully employed as well. I must say this school gets a tough call due to the section 8 attached to its zone but.....this makes up a very small postion of the schools attendence. Most of the section 8 housing are better behaved and excel further than the others. I would recommend the school 100 fold abouve the surrounding schools. The classes are small and the learning environment simply wonderful. In all the years of schooling I received, college included, I must saw I never ran into any teachers that could challenge those at Carlynton! Sports teams are not real competitive but more emphasis is placed on academics for this school. So, that said if you are looking for top performing sports teams, then look elsewhere. Academically it performs right up there with the best! Hope this helps!

Posted July 25, 2010
We have the best kept secret in the Carlynton School District. Students can belong to and excel at many activities and we have the best musicals anywhere!!

Carlynton Junior-Senior High School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
We were very pleased with the education our children received at Carlynton. The small size and caring administrators and teachers gave our children the attention they needed. Even when we had problems, we found the administration very responsive. Flexible groupings allowed our children to get the extra work they needed and to create curriculum and programs suited to them. All three got into top colleges of their choice and now have very successful careers.

Carlynton Junior-Senior High School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
Both of my daughters thrived and had many friends at this school. When my youngest was struggling, her teachers noticed and went out of their way to help her. Once a child with a learning disability, she is now a graphic designer with a degree!

Carlynton Junior-Senior High School 4

Posted May 15, 2009

Carlynton Junior-Senior High School 0

Posted May 15, 2009
I can't believe the negative comments about the Carlynton School District. The school offers many AP and Honors courses. SAT preparation courses are made available to students. The administrative team is excellent and extremely dedicated. Teachers care about their students and encourage and recognize achievement. Class sizes throughout the system vary from ten to twenty-five. The comments made about athletics have no basis in fact, Many of the athletic programs are extremely successful (state wrestling champion, all-american swimmer this year alone) with many graduates competing at the college level. Listen to someone who has gone through Carlynton (K-12) and succeeded athletically and academically in college. And, yes, I am gainfully employed!

Carlynton Junior-Senior High School
435 Kings Hwy, Carnegie, PA  15106
Last modified Carlynton Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carlynton Junior-Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top