K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Corpus is a great fit for our granddaughter, who has been a student here for 6 years. The small class size, strong academic instruction, and support of each and every staff member is playing a most important role in shaping her into a confident, happy, and well-prepared young lady. The school is small enough that the students know each other, and the older children are great role models for the younger ones. The school was selected as one of only six schools in the country as a NASA Explorers School, and the children have frequent live chats with NASA astronauts and personnel! How exciting is that!! As several others have mentioned, we also wish Corpus had a high school, but we're confident that our granddaughter will be well-prepared for whatever comes next after her 8th grade graduation!

Both of my children have attended Corpus since Kindergarten. This is an academically high standards school. In the 7th grade alone there were 4 students who scored over 95% on their IOWA tests. 4th & 5th grades are immersed in NASA programming and learn about science and math with video chats through NASA. Corpus teaches students how to learn, how to be a good person and how to be independent. The opportunities for the students to grow and learn are endless. I highly recommend Corpus Christi.

We have two children who have attended CCS since kindergarten, one is graduating from the school this year and one in fifth grade. We have been and continue to be thrilled with the school. Strong academic instruction, small class sizes and special projects and learning experiences are provided that allow students to gain a depth of knowledge just not possible in large class settings. It was important to us that faith be a cornerstone of our childrens' lives (we are Christians but not Catholic) and CCS provides an atmosphere where children can grow and express their faith. Development of character is stressed with students guided to be caring, responsible, polite, honest and helpful. We have found the discipline to be firm but fair. The sense of community and behavioral standards the students adhere to is obvious when you spend time at the school. We have met many great families through CCS and our children have made wonderful friends. Strong parent and athletic associations provide lots of opportunities for parents to be involved with the school and get to know one another. Our only complaint is that the school only goes through the eight grade- CCS needs a high school

My feelings about this school are mixed. My child graduated from Corpus Christi recently. I can attest that the academic support that they offer and their general approach to academics helped my child tremendously. Socially, the school leaves much to be desired. My child was literally harassed by a teacher. Nothing was ever done about the situation because the teacher happened to be related to the principal. Even after we visited with the teacher, it still did not stop. The child of a wealthy family bullied my child for one year, sometimes during class in front of teachers, and nothing was said. Children whose parents worked for the school were treated preferentially in classes. I often felt powerless to help my child because of the cliquish atmosphere, which protected the image of the school at all costs. So, while the academic side of the house was really quite advanced, the social side gave me many sleepless nights. If I were able to do it over, I would NEVER send my child to this school. I recommend that parents considering Corpus probe carefully, thoroughly, and insistently the social side of the house, and accept none of the school's answers at face value.

Love this school - my kids have attended from preschool through the eighth grade and loved it. Teachers always took time to help the kids when they were struggling and the family atmosphere is wonderful! The discipline and respect can be seen as soon as you enter the school. I hate to be leaving the school - wish they had a high school for the kids!

I love the small class size and individual attention my daughter receives there. They take great steps to keep up with technology and involve parents along the way. Communication is always frequent between teachers and parents. My daughter feels happy and fulfilled everyday coming home from school.

This is a fantastic school for the area. The classroom size is small. Every staff member we have met exudes professionalism and commitment.

Last modified Corpus Christi School is a Private school that serves grades K-8