Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son is in the TAAAS program (West Campus) every little thing he does he's be reprimanded for. The don't have different methods of redirection everything is "Being escorted out of the classroom" The teachers and staff have LACK OF COMMUNICATION SKILLS!!! My son was in an altercation where a parent approached him on his school bus and the school never notified me nor did they return any of my phone calls. It has been 3 days and everyday I call they give me the run around and everyone says "Just leave a message and someone we'll contact you back" I'm so disgusted with this school!!!!

My son is in the TAAAS program at West campus, and he's been doing very well. Before this school he had been having severe behavioral problems at other schools and was not doing well academically. He is now thriving and I couldn't be more pleased. They are making changes this year, including free lunch for all, new and more stringent uniforms and policies and the addition of art and music programs.

I am disgusted with this school. My daughter was attacked and no one bothered to call me and let me know whats going on ! I will be meeting with the school district!

My Boys are doing very well with the help of this school,hope the school can get more funds to help them.

Our son loves this school (West Campus). He started Kindergarten as one of the youngest in his class and we weren't sure he was ready. Halfway through the year, he is sounding out words, writing his own name and seems to have grown up more than we ever could have imagined. The staff (including the principal) all know him by name and have helped to make him feel welcome from the very first day.

iI think that CCCs is no different then any other school in Chester. They dont offer anything special for the kids to look forward to.They have one school trip a year, they dont teach any languages, and the school pictures are the worse. They dont even take class pictures.

Many behavior problems is an understatement. The children fight and bully each other, and teachers spend most of the day calling parents and sending students out of the room and hardly any time teaching. My daughter said she doesn't learn very much during the day except how to sit with her head down until problems are resolved. CCCS should be for students that want to get an education, like my daughter.

CCCS may not offer music and art but as I've said before the move to Chester from NC was very different. It has been my choice with my oldest daughter who is now in 2nd grade. And I now have another daughter who is in kindergarten(CCCS make room for my other 2 girls). Looking at some of the test scores the public schools were not the best. Both girls are doing great and have such a love of math and reading.Hope by the time they are ready for high school that CCCS has one.

This is my child's 3rd year at this school, and I have found that school isn't much different from the public schools. There are some teachers who do teach well, and fortunately my child has had good teachers at this school. However there are no music and arts classes for the children, even in the young grades. I do not think that is a good idea. Also, they don't have people monitoring the children very well while they are at recess. There is a big problem with bullying, and there doesn't seem to be too many people working to make a change to the problems.

I think cccs is an wonderful alternative to public school. All I have is wonderful things to say about cccs. However I'm hoping the they can open up a High School Soon.

Last modified Chester Community CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.