K-8 & Ungraded
Chester, PA
Students enrolled: 3,017

Chester Community CS 1

Posted December 13, 2012
I am disgusted with this school. My daughter was attacked and no one bothered to call me and let me know whats going on ! I will be meeting with the school district!

Chester Community CS 5

Posted December 16, 2010
My Boys are doing very well with the help of this school,hope the school can get more funds to help them.

Chester Community CS 4

Posted December 06, 2010
Our son loves this school (West Campus). He started Kindergarten as one of the youngest in his class and we weren't sure he was ready. Halfway through the year, he is sounding out words, writing his own name and seems to have grown up more than we ever could have imagined. The staff (including the principal) all know him by name and have helped to make him feel welcome from the very first day.

Chester Community CS 5

Posted March 18, 2010

Chester Community CS 2

Posted October 20, 2009
iI think that CCCs is no different then any other school in Chester. They dont offer anything special for the kids to look forward to.They have one school trip a year, they dont teach any languages, and the school pictures are the worse. They dont even take class pictures.

Chester Community CS 0

Posted October 08, 2009
Many behavior problems is an understatement. The children fight and bully each other, and teachers spend most of the day calling parents and sending students out of the room and hardly any time teaching. My daughter said she doesn't learn very much during the day except how to sit with her head down until problems are resolved. CCCS should be for students that want to get an education, like my daughter.

Chester Community CS 1

Posted May 26, 2009

Chester Community CS 0

Posted April 29, 2009
CCCS may not offer music and art but as I've said before the move to Chester from NC was very different. It has been my choice with my oldest daughter who is now in 2nd grade. And I now have another daughter who is in kindergarten(CCCS make room for my other 2 girls). Looking at some of the test scores the public schools were not the best. Both girls are doing great and have such a love of math and reading.Hope by the time they are ready for high school that CCCS has one.

Chester Community CS 4

Posted March 19, 2009

Chester Community CS 3

Posted September 19, 2008
This is my child's 3rd year at this school, and I have found that school isn't much different from the public schools. There are some teachers who do teach well, and fortunately my child has had good teachers at this school. However there are no music and arts classes for the children, even in the young grades. I do not think that is a good idea. Also, they don't have people monitoring the children very well while they are at recess. There is a big problem with bullying, and there doesn't seem to be too many people working to make a change to the problems.

Chester Community CS
302 East 5th St, Chester, PA  19013
Last modified Chester Community CS is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chester Community CS Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top