Posted March 09, 2014
I love working on CASD Campus. As stated in other reviews, the diversity of the student body and staff is unlike any school I experienced in 30 years. Joining the Coatesville family encouraged me to expand my compassion and tolerance for others more than the "real world" I live in. Every race, color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, language, style, socio-economic class and intellectual capacity is represented at Coatesville. This is not true for other high schools in the county. The facility triumphs in certain realms and continues to improve in others. I believe success in our classrooms is built upon truthful relationships. There is no faking it here! You must know who you are, what you teach and how to make it matter to the students' lives. If you are not willing to know every students' name, to speak the truth, and to call home, you're not right for this community. The colleagues I surround myself with are the most committed and collaborative team. I am proud and honored to wear Black and Red for Coatesville. There are amazing things happening in our classrooms and in the minds of our students; stereotypes are crushed and words in texts don't stop our kids!

Posted September 18, 2013
I am a student who recently graduated from Coatesville (2013) and i could not be happier with my high school experience. We get a bad reputation, however i could not have made better friends or have been influenced by better people than the teachers at coatesville. I have a sizable scholarship to a large public university and could not be more prepared for college level work. Success at Coatesville all depends on the student and how much they are willing to work for their education and parents at home. If you keep yourself in the AP and honors programs at coatesville you will never have an issue. I believe i am ore prepared for life in the real world because of the diversity of coatesville. we have people of all walks of life and we all got along. You couldnt ask for a better education.

Posted September 02, 2013
I'm a student (class of 2015) who attended Coatesville High School for two years before moving to Maryland. The school I now attend is 7th in the state, but I still think Coatesville trumps it in some ways. While Coatesville has a bad rep, it is a safe school to attend. Many of the kids are not motivated to work at all. But the AP programs Coatesville offers are excellent, so if you're a good student, you can get a good education here. The sports teams dominate,the administration in control, the school spirit is unrivaled, and the building itself is top notch. I find most of the people here to be friendly, and there isn't much "labeling" here. If you don't hang with the bad crowd, and you work hard, I believe Coatesville is a great school to be a part of and doesn't deserve the stereotype people give it.

Posted August 03, 2013
My oldest child just graduated from Coatesville school district. She has a scholarship to her College based on her academic achievements. I would say Coatesville school are challenging and have a great system of teamwork. I am happy to have graduated from Coatesville myself and have my two other children graduate within the next few years.

Posted July 21, 2013
I agree with the other raters who say this school does not deserve the negative reputation it has earned. My daughter has only attended the 9/10 center, so I cannot really speak to the quality of the 11th and 12th grade teachers, but I have no reason to doubt that the quality of education there is comparable. The guidance department does a great job, considering how many students they have to serve. There are plenty of clubs and activities, and homework is manageable. My daughter really liked all but one of her teachers, and they just didn't click. My fears about my children attending CASH were unfounded - it's really fine!

Posted June 03, 2013
I have never felt unsafe at school, despite what some say. I am about to graduate from CASH, and I have to say that this high school offers a quality education--for those who want it. Of course there are a lot of kids who don't, but why does that matter if you want to succeed? Many of the AP teachers consistently help students score above the national average. They come in before and after school to help students. If you need them and ask, they'll be there. Our Academic Team KILLED Devon Prep, Malvern Prep, and Bishop Shanahan, besting over $50,000 of tuition. So public school is worse than private school? There are activities and clubs and sports for everyone. We have a very diverse campus with whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and other races. We get along. The problem at Coatesville is the lack of parenting for some of the students, who demonstrate a lack of respect for authority and other students. The administration could run things more logically and efficiently to get results they want. Taking gym away from someone who isn't good at math is not the answer to make them want to try in school. There should also be higher standards for Honors classes, and other classes too.

Coatesville Area Senior High School 1

Posted April 23, 2013
This is a terrible school district as a whole! The teachers/staff are only human. They do the best they can. However, these schools have a very high rate of crime, drugs, and VIOLENCE!!! In fact, my son was getting beat up in the bathrooms. I had to pull him out. My daughter comes home with a new horror story everyday about the violence. I just started counselling with her to help control her panic attacks brought on by this violence. With that being said, the teachers do the best they can with the kids that are truly there to learn. Unfortunately for those kids, though, they are few and far between & fall through the cracks. TOO many distractions. You would be doing your child a true disservice by allowing them to go to Coatesville Public Schools - try a Charter School instead....just a suggestion.

Posted July 26, 2012
I am A current Student at Cash and I'm going in to my Jr year. A lot of the teachers are great, and will give anything to help a student pass. Although last year we did have my math teacher not do his job very well. He would always take off and with our schools money being tight we can't afford sub teachers so other teacher have to drop what they are doing and give their free time to cover a class. After a while my class got concerned why we were not being taught. After a few more weeks our final was coming up FAST and we learned that our Algebra 2 teacher quit leaving his classes out to dry so to speak. My class was very lucky to have in my option one of the best Math teachers take over my class and my class was put through a hard week and a half but we managed to have most of our 30 students pass the exam. Yeah Coatesville is not the best but for me it is a great school and has so much history that I am happy to be there with my friends and I really love a lot of my teachers I have had so far. Looking back at my teachers I can't wait to see which teachers I have for my Jr year.

Posted May 31, 2011
I am a parent whom just moved to the area, and had my son transferred from New Jersey schools to Coatesville, he is a Drafting major. The other HS in NJ ( Seneca ) told him he was not capable of being able to cut it for this class because Math was not a strong suit for him, and would not let him take this course. He is doing terrific an Honor Roll student and the staff and teachers really made him feel part of something, he plays Baseball. My son told me himself the kids were friendly and really made him feel welcomed. I say it's all in the parenting. I have nothing bad to say about this school it's a wonderful melting pot.

Posted February 13, 2011
First class children come out of Coatesville School District. I only wish everyone could meet the students that I have known from C'ville.

Coatesville Area Senior High School
1445 East Lincoln Hwy, Coatesville, PA  19320
Last modified Coatesville Area Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coatesville Area Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top