1-8 & Ungraded
Collingdale, PA

Harris School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
I'm a student at Harris. Harris is all about education and I love it. I've been getting at straight honor rolls since 3rd grade and I couldn't have done it without Harris. The other students are a little wild and out of control, but the faculty gets them in check. Harris has a great music program too. The teachers are wise and awesome. When I leave Harris I will really miss this school.

Posted February 14, 2013
my daughter goes to harris and I think the teachers and students are worse than chester schools. She gets bullied by teachers and students everyday. The principal doesnt do anything to help the situation. I cant wait for her to be outta that district.

Harris School 3

Posted August 08, 2011
My daughter graduated from Harris. During the graduation ceremony students were called onto the stage that won awards for music, and extra curricular activites. My daughter among other students were on the honor roll. To make a long story short they were over looked, and did not receive anything for academics. What happened to schools concentrating on academics. In my opinion a kid should be awarded for honors and not things such as music and extra curricular activities.

Harris School 0

Posted March 06, 2010
My son went to Harris we all love the school. the teachers were niceand the school it self is clean & neat.....

Harris School 0

Posted March 25, 2008
this school is bias with it's sudents this school is up to stanadards for teaching a highly developed child. this schoo needs to be evaluated immeadiately

Posted January 19, 2008

Harris School 5

Posted November 24, 2006
My nephew goes to Harris Elementary. I have the highest regard for his teacher, aides, and the principal. They have really given him the support he needed and he has shown great improvement. Betty Goldfield

Harris School 4

Posted June 06, 2006
I am impressed with this elementary school. It is a small setting and the faculty goes the extra mile for the students and parents

Posted May 11, 2006
My son went there for one year. He had a little difficulty with reading. I asked that he be tested and to get help, they recognized he had a problem but didn't help him out until the school year was almost over. Instead of helping him, I felt that they made everything too easy for him. I was very disappointed with Harris. I have since transferred him to a catholic school and he has struggled with the school work there and I believe it's because Harris is behind academically. Also, there is no discipline. Kids get in fights in the classroom and the teacher doesn't do anything to stop it. My son was hit and I wasn't even notified. The principle/dean is not organized at all. I received notices at the last minute to go to school functions/Home and school. I strongly recommend that you do not send your child there.

Harris School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
Harris has some excellent teachers, and some downright poor teachers. I believe the new principal has been a strong rolemodel for the children, and is making a concerted effort in advocacy for the children. I had an issue, and Mr. Ryan not only heard me out, but implemented changes based on my suggestions. They recently added a middle school onto all elementary schools in the district. This change has been extremely positive. While this district is still underfunded, My child has resided since kindergarden and I finally see it moving in the right direction. Violence is not tolerated, and a program has been implemented for at risk children. Children can now refer other children for counciling that may have emotional distress. Thanks for finally listening harris staff.

Harris School
501 Sharon Ave, Collingdale, PA  19023
Last modified Harris School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top