Dallastown, PA
Students enrolled: 1,862

Dallastown Area Senior High School 1

Posted September 14, 2014
I will never recommend DHS to anyone. My son was a great student at SHS but upon his tranfer to DHS is grade stunk. I there was no counselor involvement. When he did poorly, for example, a math he chose that he was doing extremely poorly (getting in the 60's, his former school a 64 was failing) he was allowed to chose a higher class for the next year? Why???? The only reason he graduated was because. OOPs he did not. Supposedly because of a gym credit, but again the majority of his grades were below 75%. What I did not understand was the fact that he did NOT have all the required credits or classes but was allowed to were a cap and gown and walk with his class to received a ready for this "Certificate of Completion"? what is this. Doing bad and sit were your class colors and walk with the people you sat with in a class room. Unbelievable. Better high school guidelines need to be put in place. If students show difficulty put in place improvement plans, to help them excel, DHS has no improvement plan.

Posted October 13, 2013
As a recent graduate of Dallastown (Class of 2013), I am very grateful for how Dallastown prepared me for college. I am excelling in my college courses due to the careful preparation of teachers and staff. I did not appreciate the education I received while I was there, but it is evident to me now that Dallastown is an EXCELLENT school. There are, of course, a few things that could be improved upon like, the math department and the recognition of extra curricular activities outside of sports, but the school is doing something right for its students.

Posted September 22, 2013
I am currently a sophomore at dallastown and I am beyond impressed with the abundance of academic opportunities, the extracurriculars, and the eager to teach teachers. There are so many different courses to take, an abundance of electives, and so many clubs to choose from! I love all of our spirit days and fun activities. The teachers really want you to succeed, so as long as you want to put in the work you will do amazingly! They prepare you for college so well; some of the honors classes already use college text books. And there are also a lot of AP courses available. I really don't find anything wrong with this school other than a lack of diverse teachers. The facility is beyond well kept and everything is clean and up to date. We have wonderful computers and up to date software. I don't know what else I can say but I love this school! As long as you are not a trouble maker and are ready to succeed this is a great choice for anyone.

Dallastown Area Senior High School 4

Posted June 17, 2011
As a student of DAHS, I often find that this school is "over-hyped". Honestly, Dallastown is a great school in that they are always willing to help students plan for their future. The school is constantly helping the students plan for future jobs, and plan for college. Honors, AP, and Dual Enrollment classes make it possible to receive an above average education. However, Dallastown does have some very notable problems. Money is constantly being thrown into technology which is never used. Smart boards, flat screen TVs, and laptops that are widely hated. A million dollar hallway was just built to connect the high school to the middle school, because we have way too many people in the district, and thus we had to build an intermediate school. Also, as is probably true with all public schools, if a teacher and a student have a problem, it's always the student's fault. Always. Entire classes have gone to the office to complain about a teacher, because they didn't feel they were learning anything in the class, but nothing is ever done. Also, we spend WAY too much on unnecessary administrators.

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted October 17, 2008
As a junior, I transferred out of this school after my freshman and sophomore year. I now attend a county school in the south. After seeing how southern schools are run, it gives me a whole new appreciation for DAHS. The classes truly are honors classes, and there is ALWAYS a class that will accommodate the individual learning abilities that each person possesses. The teachers are very helpful, and the guidance counselors are excellent. The quality of the education in this school is the highest I have experienced. Dallastown has plenty to offer athletically, academically, and socially. This school has prepared me so well, that I have not experienced any new learning as a junior for the last 8 weeks in my new school. Although the halls at DAHS are crowded, it is a trivial matter compared to the awesome academics. Dallastown truly is a 'School of Excellence.'

Posted May 19, 2008

Posted February 13, 2008
Great school. One of the best science programs around to complement much honor in every other subject. As a graduate, I excel in college better than many others from other high schools. I am proud to have been a wildcat.

Posted February 13, 2008
I moved to the district as a freshman and was welcomed with open arms. The teachers are excellent, a number of them having been Dallastown graduates themselves. There is a variety of classes offered, allowing some freedom of choice. Each department is strong, including the art, music, and language depatments. Dallastown's high standards have prepared me well for college. Even though I complained the entire way through, I have memories from clubs, teams, classes, and friends that I wouldn't give up for the world.

Posted January 16, 2008
Our son transferred to Dallastown HS in 9th grade from a local private, smaller school. The transition was very much better than anticipated. All our hopes for more opportunities and class choices were met. The teachers are fabulous, some a better match than others, as one would expect. But all of them seem to be very dedicated. We are not originally from this area, and previously have sent our children (4) to parochial schools, but it is so refreshing to find a good public school system and have a choice as to where you want to send your children for a good education.

Dallastown Area Senior High School
700 New School Ln, Dallastown, PA  17313
Last modified Dallastown Area Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dallastown Area Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top