Posted October 14, 2010
I love this school because the kids really get the attention to learning that they need. The student to teacher ratio is small so the classroom environment is wonderful! Their motto is "Be Ready, Respectful and Responsible" and they do a great job instilling that in the students!

Damascus Area School 0

Posted October 14, 2010
This school is a model for all schools. It is standard based. Curriculum is creative but rigorous. Staff and faculty are all given the feeling of family. Services are abundant to meet the needs of students of all abilities. A nurse is on duty full time and a student assistance program is in place and active to help parents and families realize and utilize services that are available in the community if needed. Administration at the school is deeply involved with the students and the students feel that they may easily approach at any time. All students in the country should be so lucky as to attend this school.

Posted October 12, 2010
I just love this school. The class sizes are wonderful, and the staff are amazing. They really care about their students and community

Posted October 29, 2008

Posted April 25, 2008

Posted October 05, 2007

Damascus Area School 0

Posted July 30, 2007
We moved here from Florida, where the schools are subpar, and terribly overcrowded. Imagine my surprise when my daughter had just 17 kids in her class. (She had 36 in FL Kindergarten!!) The school stresses 3 'R's'-- 'Ready, Respectful, and Responsible'. The teachers are wonderful and caring. Everyone in authority knows every child's name! The principal greets each student with a smile and by name as they arrive in the morning . They emphasize the basics of reading and math, and offer special help if a child needs it. Discipline issues are dealt with immediately. They don't stand for any cursing, bullying, or cliques! This is truly 'no child left behind' at its best! Thanks, Damascus, for a truly memorable educational experience.

Posted March 19, 2007
- a former student
Damascus is the best school ever. And I'm not just saying that, it literally is the best school I have ever gone to. I started at Damascus School when I was five and in kindergarten, and I went all the way through to eight grade. It was such a blast. The teachers are really nice and understand you well. Since the school is so small it gives the students the chance to go on more fun and exciting field trips then other schools. I am never going to forget my years at Damascus. I also am never going to forget my memories too. I highly recommend you to send your kid to Damascus School, theres nothing to lose because I know that you would love it. ~Silvana

Posted January 29, 2007
i am so happy to send my children here.there getting a great education.my kids love it.there into music and sports program.they have everything.

Posted January 21, 2006
This school is the best...it is very small but 'homey'. Their class sizes are smaller allowing more one on one time with the teacher for the students. They have sports teams some which are just Damascus school teams and others which are combined with Wayne Highlands middle school teams which is another school in the district. Parents are very involved and the teachers are outstanding. A very good school to send your children to.

Damascus Area School
174 High School Rd, Damascus, PA  18415
Last modified Damascus Area School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Damascus Area School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top