Penn Wood Middle School 5

Posted October 08, 2013
Well, as a parent my belief is that the teachers in this school are doing very well and it behooves the students to use the opportunity afforded them to get the best result. If the state PSSA exam is a measurement, then the school has good potential. Thank God because through this school's curricula, my child had advanced in all state tests. Parents have a role to play too.

Penn Wood Middle School 4

Posted August 31, 2013
My school is really great. Yeah there are better schools than Penn Wood a hundred times better, but there are also schools a hundred times worse. YES, we do learn. It's not a babysitting center although sometimes it feels like it. Occasionally you'll hear profanity in the hallways or a angry student going crazy but that doesn't mean it's a horrible school. We have different classes for people with different levels. Yes somedays, I really don't want to be there. A lot of bad kids are the faves, which gets annoying but it's still a good school. If you can handle it. Not everyone is friendly but most people are. One of my teachers told me the only reason why they work here is because its easy to fail someone here and have the parents not care, than fail someone at some prestigious white school and have the parents care. #PWMS Student

Penn Wood Middle School 1

Posted May 30, 2012
HORRIFYING!!!! There is no possible way a child can learn or be secure in this school. When I say that these students (about 90%) are out of control, I am being too kind. You would literally find better behavior in a prison. What are these parents and administrators doing with their time for God's sake?...surely, they aren't concerning themselves with the students behavior or learning. These are the prisoners and murderers of tomorrow. I only wish I could video tape the things I witnessed there, because you just wouldn't believe that what I saw could even POSSIBLY occur in a school setting. If you have a child there, consider yourself neglectful for subjecting your child to this type of an environment, because its like dropping your kid off in a crackhouse every day! What they need are armed guards and cells, not teachers and classrooms!

Penn Wood Middle School 1

Posted October 06, 2010
I have seen my share of schools, and I can tell you that if given the choice I would NEVER go back to Penn Wood. First, Penn Wood looks and feels more like a prison than an actual school - barred windows, high fences, and not the greatest location. The students are disrespectful and care nothing about getting a meaningful education. The students even bragged about how they made a male substitute teacher cry. The staff came off as disorganized, rude, and appeared to only concern themselves with disciplining students rather than the actual learning process.

Penn Wood Middle School 5

Posted April 19, 2010
This school was a wonderful experience for me. Despite the location, I got a great education and was prepared for high school. The staff did an exellent job in making my middle school experience a great one.

Posted July 10, 2009
I am an advance student of this school and I've been in this school district since 5 it's an ok school district. Not the best but not the worst. I'm in the middle school and there are good teachers who do care about the student.

Posted June 18, 2009
I am also a parent of a child that has an IEP and this school district falls short, especially in the middle school years, of providing the level of qualified and knowledgable personnel to help implement IEP based on current NCLB and IDEA regulations. It would benefit us parents to become more unified in demanding better processes with teachers who are HQ and hve the child's best interest in heart to actually implement and execute the plan so that it works and helps the child succeed.

Posted June 17, 2009
This school and school district does not have your child's best interest in mind. I'm still waiting for changes to an IEP for three months to no availe.

Posted March 20, 2009
This is a school where you have to question how much learning could possibly take place because you first concern has to be your safety.

Penn Wood Middle School 4

Posted September 13, 2007

Penn Wood Middle School
121 Summit St, Darby, PA  19023
Last modified Penn Wood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penn Wood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top