Derry, PA

Posted November 11, 2014
Grandview Elementary in Derry, PA is a wonderful school!! They work well with your child and have special resources for any extra help your child my need. The school has a great caring staff of teachers, office staff and the parents, in using myself, love to volunteer our time to help! The whole community joins in to make the schools crafts, programs and fundraising a success. Derry School district as a whole do so much to raise funds for their community to help any cause they can. Also, they do great with their sports and other extra curricular activities, there is so much the kids are able to be a part of as well as the parents. The academics are also great!! My daughter loves her teachers and has excelled so much already, her reading and grammar is amazing, she's doing extremely well in math and only in 1st grade. Overall, I could compliment Grandview Elementary all day and my older kids went to a different elementary school and by comparison this is by far the school and programs I want me children in!

Grandview El School 2

Posted September 22, 2010
EXTREMELY CONCERNED. According to schooldigger.com 08-09 PSSA scores for 3rd and 4th grade combined, Grandview held 372 out of 1650. 09-10 PSSA scores for 3rd and 4th combined, Grandview held 1008 out of 1665. Something is serious wrong with these figures or the performance of the principal and teacher leadership in this school. I'm very concerned about my daughters education in Derry Area School District, if this becomes a trend.

Grandview El School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
Grandview Elementary is an accredited school that strives to enforce self-esteem, fair play, as well as excellent academics.

Posted November 25, 2007
My sister and I both attended Grandview Elementary. My son (now in Derry High) and my daughter (3rd grade) have also had the chance to be in the same building I spent from 3rd to 6th grade in. The same ladies are in the office, and the teacher I had for social studies is now the K-2 councelor! I am more than pleased with Grandview and Derry Schools as a whole

Grandview El School 3

Posted March 22, 2006
My son attended Grandview for Kindergarden and half of first grade. I was not impressed with the teachers abilities to work with the children and see them as such. The academics though were very advanced compared to nearby school districts and I was very surprised to see my son beginning to read and write in kindergarden! He still found some of the classes 'boring' and was not given the chance to progress at a higher speed than the rest of the class. As far as I understand Derry School District no longer provides a gifted class for those children needing more challanges in their school work. I did not feel involved in his class as much as I would have liked. Other than twice a year confrences with the teacher, there was no other communication from the teacher. Sports are available but I found the cost high.

Grandview El School 2

Posted April 15, 2005
I am highly disappointed in this school. My son has mild cp. I found his teacher yelling at him in front of the other students. The ratio of students to teachers is high. The teacher says she has 24 other students to watch and it seems she can't be bothered. In her defense the principal says she is one of the better teachers. That says it all to me. Good Luck if you choose this school.

Posted September 09, 2003
I am very pleased with Grandview school. i have a child with a learning disability. Grandview as well as the other elementry have great sucess in working with children with LD. I am pleased with all the learning support programs avalible for young kids , from the Target program to the smaller classes in Grandview. I have seen great changes in my son from the first several years of school which we had to fight to get my son to go to school till now when he can't wait to go to school. I believe that the program has given him the confidence he need to succeed in school.

Grandview El School
188 Recreation Rd, Derry, PA  15627
Last modified Grandview El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grandview El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top