Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Don't send your child to this school!!! Especially if they have special needs. The director of special services doesn't follow correct procedure in getting your child tested. Be prepared to constantly nag to get anything done. Then be prepared to hear a lot of yelling from him because he doesn't want to do his job. He should be fired. The bulling policy is not enforced. There are good teachers, but they are becoming few and far between at this school. And make sure you check their credentials. Some of them should not be teachers. They are still deciding to send the 5th graders to the middle school or not because they didn't make enough room when they built the addition onto the elementary school. 950+ kids in one school. I think that is a lot for one small school, even with the addition. Should have kept 1 of the other elementary schools open to handle to overflow. They were not thinking, per usual. If you see the principal, consider yourself lucky. She is always MIA. The assistant principal handles all the happenings in the school. And he will talk over you most of the time if you have a problem. I am so disappointed with this school. Especially this year for my child. If you can, go to another local school such as Latrobe or Ligonier.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Had a great KG and 1st grade teachers. My child had excellent grades. 2nd grade teacher was horrible. Wasn't qualified in my opinion. Had a lot of issues with this teacher and my child has special needs. I feel bad for any child to have her as a teacher.

Grandview Elementary in Derry, PA is a wonderful school!! They work well with your child and have special resources for any extra help your child my need. The school has a great caring staff of teachers, office staff and the parents, in using myself, love to volunteer our time to help! The whole community joins in to make the schools crafts, programs and fundraising a success. Derry School district as a whole do so much to raise funds for their community to help any cause they can. Also, they do great with their sports and other extra curricular activities, there is so much the kids are able to be a part of as well as the parents. The academics are also great!! My daughter loves her teachers and has excelled so much already, her reading and grammar is amazing, she's doing extremely well in math and only in 1st grade. Overall, I could compliment Grandview Elementary all day and my older kids went to a different elementary school and by comparison this is by far the school and programs I want me children in!

EXTREMELY CONCERNED. According to schooldigger.com 08-09 PSSA scores for 3rd and 4th grade combined, Grandview held 372 out of 1650. 09-10 PSSA scores for 3rd and 4th combined, Grandview held 1008 out of 1665. Something is serious wrong with these figures or the performance of the principal and teacher leadership in this school. I'm very concerned about my daughters education in Derry Area School District, if this becomes a trend.

Grandview Elementary is an accredited school that strives to enforce self-esteem, fair play, as well as excellent academics.

My sister and I both attended Grandview Elementary. My son (now in Derry High) and my daughter (3rd grade) have also had the chance to be in the same building I spent from 3rd to 6th grade in. The same ladies are in the office, and the teacher I had for social studies is now the K-2 councelor! I am more than pleased with Grandview and Derry Schools as a whole

Last modified Grandview El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.