Downingtown, PA

Posted May 08, 2014
SC is an incredible school with a growing population. The staff shows genuine concern for the welfare of each student. The 2013-14 School Performance Profile ranked SC at #1 in Chester County. The school has a strong sense of community with awesome kids. The Home and School Association is very active in supporting academics as well as special activities, including field trips and assemblies.

Shamona Creek El School 3

Posted June 10, 2013
Just completed our first year here. I was very pleased at first with the how much the school and the teachers seemed to care about the students well-being. They did do a fabulous job helping my children feel welcome. Children were nice enough. However, I felt too much emphasis was placed on the PSAT testing and too much preparation for it. What they had been teaching up until then should have had them plenty prepared. You don't teach to a test. Also, I found my sons fifth grade teacher to be lacking in communication skills when it came to the parents. Since we were new we were left out of the loop and therefore felt forgetten....so much so that I was not aware that parents were invited to their 5th grade promotion ceremony and I had missed it. Needless to say we were crushed. Overall, it was an ok year but we have had much better in our prior school.

Posted September 24, 2012
We recently moved to the area and my daughter is new to Shamona Creek. Her teacher is wonderful. She is great at replying right away and works quickly to resole any queries we have. She offered additional math homework problems to meet my daughter's skill level. The school works with each student as an individual which is wonderful.

Posted August 15, 2012
We love this school, our children feel safe, enjoy learning and have made many friends. The teachers and support staff are AMAZING!

Posted April 27, 2010
The school is fantastic! What a great group of dedicated teachers and staff.

Posted December 26, 2009

Shamona Creek El School 1

Posted February 28, 2009

Shamona Creek El School 3

Posted June 24, 2008

Shamona Creek El School
501 Dorlan Mill Rd, Downingtown, PA  19335
Last modified Shamona Creek El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shamona Creek El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top