K-5 & Ungraded
Drexel Hill, PA

Hillcrest El School 4

Posted May 19, 2013
Great School! Teachers are wonderful and very supportive. My son went to a nearby catholic school for kindergarten last year and had a very difficult time adjusting to Hillcrest. It was very challenging the first few months because he was behind most of his classmates. However, with the help from his teacher and the support staff in the early part of the year has made a huge impact on his success. The teachers are willing to guide you and assist you with the help you need to keep your child on track. In addition, you must be willing to assist at home because the teachers can't do everything. As parents, we are our children's first teacher. If they fail, it is because you failed your child as a parent. If your child needs help.....ASK for the assistance and the teachers are willing to give it to you.

Posted April 23, 2013
Great teachers, great kids, great staff! The children have opportunities at this school that I never had growing up in Art and Music. These are the things that excite my children. The curriculum is challenging. I would recommend this school to others! In 5th grade they even have the opportunity to go on a week long outdoor school camping trip which many children say it the highlight of their years at Hillcrest.

Posted May 24, 2011
Kindergarten teachers are wonderful. High expectations for children and the school staff and office are very organized.

Hillcrest El School 2

Posted November 26, 2010
I have 2 children at Hillcrest. My son is in 3rd grade. I would have to say that, with the exception of his first grade teacher, I am much less than impressed with this school. Last year alone, the teacher managed to leave my son outside at dismissal alone with out supervision, and once in the classroom alone. After 2 conferences with the teacher and 1 with the lead teacher, nothing happened. Last week I went to pick him up and the teacher told me she had no memory of him leaving the classroom with her. The academics in first grade and this year are good. Otherwise there is not much to say. They are so concerned with testing and children with behavorial problems that well behaved children get looked over. We are out of this district ASAP!

Posted September 30, 2010
This school is awesome!! The teachers, staff everyone is friendly caring of the kids. they are treated like individuals and taught acordingly. Kids thrive in this school! the parents involvement no matter how big or small is wanted welcomed and appriciated. They teach these kids to aim high and they respond and strive to do there best. peer differenes are null as they are a family there and expected to treat each other with respect, understanding,etc. you will not hear i dont like so and so at least not long before they are heled to find a common ground. I cant say enough about this school it is a great model for others schools to learn a thing or two from!

Posted April 24, 2010
Hillcrest is a great place to learn. My kids enjoy going to school there.

Posted February 16, 2010
My son is new to Hillcrest this year, entering as a fifth grader. The teachers, principal and extensive staff are simply amazing!! The communication between school and parents is the best I have ever come across.

Posted January 25, 2010
I feel very fortunate to have my three children attend this remarkable school. Each of my kids has very different academic and social strengths and weaknesses, and all have been addressed in extremely effective ways. I have confidence in the staff's ability to meet the varying needs of all students. There are extremely high expectations of the students, and the students live up to those expectations. I am thrilled with the extracurricular activities the students have to choose from, and if some think it is too early for those activities there is no pressure to join!

Posted October 03, 2009
I don't think I've ever heard a complaint about the school, which is rare because parents love to complain about that kind of stuff. The staff and administration obviously go out of their way to make the school the best learning environment for the kids. 110% everyday.

Posted September 23, 2009

Hillcrest El School
2601 Bond Ave, Drexel Hill, PA  19026
Last modified Hillcrest El School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest El School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top