No rating

Notre Dame Elementary School

Private | PK-6

Living in East Stroudsburg

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $145,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

Posted September 17, 2013

Excellent school, teachers, wonderful academics 10 star school. This school is top notch and has a fantastic staff. Very impressed.

Posted May 7, 2013

I have 2 children in the school and I am not impressed. I know that its thought they are challenging academically but truth be told I think its simply their grading scale, it seems no different then anywhere else. The relationship between teachers and parents is tense but only to specific programs and there is definitely NOT ENOUGH extra curricular activities for the elementary child. Overall it is an average school.

Posted February 29, 2012

I put my daughter in this school when she was in 2nd grade and she joined many activies in this school. They have excellent teachers, they have a strong principal, and challenging academic programs.

Posted November 24, 2010

I am so very thankful that my 3 children are able to attend Notre Dame Elementary. The faculty goes out of their way to ensure your child grows both academically and emotionally. First rate school!

Posted October 21, 2009

Notre Dame Elem. is the best.Second to none! Great parents,teachers ,principal and students

Posted October 20, 2009

I like notre dame because it shows good behavior for your kids and they teach about the bible. My kids are very smart now that they are in notre dame. so I am very happy and they go too school from 8:00 in the morning too 2:30 in the afternoon.

Posted September 19, 2007

The teachers are highly qualified. All of them are certified and have B.S. in education. A good percentage of them have Masters as well. A lot is expected out of the students, so this is not a cupcake style school. By having high expectations of the students, they are teaching them responsibility. They have thier own website that you can check on your child's homework assignments, what the curriculum is, and the credentials of the teachers. If your are looking for academics, then this is a good school for your child. If you are looking for athletics or special treatment, then this is not the school for your child.

Posted August 3, 2007

Notre Dame is a great school. My child gets dicipline and and education all in one. Love it.

Posted July 19, 2007

NDE is 1 year ahead of the local public schools.They teach phonics, so your child starts reading right away in kindergarten and can figure out unfamiliar words.By 2nd grade, they are reading beginner chapter books.In 3rd grade they learn square roots.My son feels very comfortable there and the children are not as rough or tease as much as they do in public school. We have had no problems with discrimination and my son is treated very well by the teachers and principal. I like the idea that the teachers have a webpage linked to the main website of the school, so that you can check to see what is expected and what the homework is. You can also check for cancelations and the school newsletter online. If you have any questions, you can email the teachers and they do get back to you with in that day or the next.

Posted July 18, 2007

We have put two children through ND schools but have the following concerns: Teacher's academic qualifications,limited course subjects and extra-curricular activities,favoritism, obvious racial bias by some teachers, immoral conduct by a teacher witnessed by many children, accepting sub-standard teachers because of financial restraints. Strengths: Team and parental spirit, some great teachers, high profile education beneficial for college resume, fewer drugs than a public school, no gang activity.

Posted March 29, 2007

I have one child in Notre Dame.She has been going to the school for three years now.I love the way they teach in this school.My daughter is a A student.I believe that she is doing well because of the teachers approach in teaching the kids.They leave kindergarten knowing how to read! Not many schools are able to do that.They are strict in this school!They teach them that they have to have respect for people and other peoples property.All of the kids have manners!When the teacher says be quiet,all the kids are quiet! They do not play around in this school.They do not tolerate kids that misbehave.The security is good here!I do not have a problem with it.Notre Dame is number one!I am very proud to send her there!

Posted June 24, 2006

I am truly happy with the education that my children are getting at Notre Dame East Stroudsburg. They are well prepared for the future both acadamicaly and socially and spiritally. There is nothing to say about Notre Dame except if you want your children to have a great education with caring teachers and a wonderful principal then you need to send them to Notre Dame.

Posted April 28, 2006

It is amazing that kids should require so much homework time when school already occupies most of their day. I am doing everything possible to prep my 3kids for ivy league schools. Yes, we are overachieving parents. But we believe in quality vs quantity of the time spent between school and homework. I believe that the weekends and breaks should be just that, time off. We attempt to occupy our kids time with sports and extracurricular activities. We want time to sit down to a regular family dinner every night and get to bed at a reasonable hour. And let's not forget play time. I believe that homework should be a tool used to help a child that is in need. Perhaps they are struggling with a subject or need reinforcement in a particular area where homework with one-on-one time with the parent would help or be necessary.

Posted April 27, 2006

Notre Dame is a good school. It requires parents to give 30 hrs a year of their time to volunteer. Alot of it's activities are generated by the parents, not the school itself. They can be rigid in their daily routines of 20 minutes for lunch and very little recess time. Overall, it is a good school but it has it's challenges.

Posted March 31, 2006

My children attended the school, for a short period of time. I am terribly disappointed with the school principal and 1 kindergarten teacher. My name is on file, should anyone need to contact me.

Posted January 29, 2006

This is a high quality academic school. They work hard here as students. They are very secure in there, they do not allow anyone in past the office without answering a series of questions as your purpose to go past the office and even then you have to have security clearances and special training before you can volunteer in the classroom or even at recess. There is a required set of hours for volunteering in many different ways in the school or at home. The parent involvement is what you make of it other than the 40 hours required. Joining the Parent Network Org on a committee or two gets you involved.

Posted October 17, 2005

My child go this school and so far i a happy with the school, the parents are very involved with the school, when I have questions, I call the school and the staff/teacher returns my calls immediately.I like the strictness which I think my child needs. My child is happy at the school and so far liked all her teachers.

Posted August 8, 2005

This school offers an excellent academic education as well as catholic religion classes. There are few extracurricular activies and one must seek these elsewhere.

Posted May 28, 2005

This school depends alot on its volunteers. If you do not volunteer a specific number of hours per year, the school charges you a fee. I thought the point of volunteer is just that...volunteer, no payment for time or lack of it. The school is dated and is way too small for the amount of children. The children play during recess in a parking lot, no slides or swings, just pavement. I am not impressed with the academic quality. There are minimal activities beyond the core cirriculum. No chain for school closures, delayed openings or early closures. It is the parents responsibility to find out and they do not want you to contact the school with phone calls. Check web site for school with is NEVER updated timely or listen to the radio station for postings

Posted May 17, 2005

I feel that the school is absolutely superb. Kudos to all the teacher, especially the kindergarten teachers. Children go to first grade already knowing how to read. Not many schools accomplish that task. I feel that Notre Dame is one of the top elementary schools in Monroe and Pike County.

Asian 8% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 3%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• AMS
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (570) 422-6935

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Scranton