Bad
Good

My child is presently in this school and I have witnessed things that have caused me to lose faith in this school. If you are not an involved parent your child will be treated differently. I gave it one start because 0 was not a choice. The principal does not like to fell challenged. You will know when she begins to feel as such because she will get loud. If this is with an adult I can only imagine with a child alone.

To be honest, I was a student here a year ago... I absolutely fell in love with this school. They had amazing teachers that provided fun activities and plenty of help when needed by a student. It's hard to find teachers that actually care about their students and how well their performances are in the class room. I never understood why teens my age never liked this school and called it boring, horrible, stupid, etc... I guess they just didn't realize what was being handed to them. While others hated the teachers lectures about how it's basically a competition out there in the world just to get a job, I loved them cause they kept pushing me towards things I wanted to achieve in life.

I have had a great experience with this school.The Principal is doing a fabulous job.The response to discipline and academic achievement have been exceptionally great .Had problems with 1 teacher and heard alot about the V.P. But once my child is getting a quality education in the classroom and learns something at the end of the day, its all that matters. You will always have an odd teacher which may be difficult to understand.The VP I have to say. have toned down alot recently and gotten better in her mannerism. If your focus is in Academics and Sports you do have the resources to achieve at this school.

Lack-luster education/high school preparedness unless student is self-motivated. Disappointing parent/school relations particularly regarding students with disabilities, a disturbing lack of communication along that line. This school seems more focused on absurd regulations and negates the real needs of its pupils! Personally had 3 children go through this school and grandchild. Very disappointed. Interpersonal skills training and more disabilities training sorely needed.

This is my second child through this school. I've seen many changes since my first child went through, all for the best. I the teachers are great. The extra curricular activities are excellent. Something for everyone.

* Poor communication with parents regarding student placement and progress *Teachers seemed competent and caring *The grouping of children seems more politically based than academically based.

Amazing school with teachers and staff that care about the children. Hard to find in today's public school.

There appears to be considerable inequities in the level of instruction and overall academic rigor among the different grade level teams. I do not believe the administration is being honest with parents about how they are homogeneously grouping children.

Since Mr. Catrillo has taken over this school it has made huge improvements. He runs a tight ship and I hope they don't lose him. And he may be strict but the kids love him. There are some great teachers here, and some that just don't care. As with any school. But it is the safest school in the district and the only well run one too.

Overall academically, the school is wonderful. However, I have an ADHD child and wish that teachers were required to take classes for ADHD to learn tips on how to handle situations in class. With a Zero tolerance policy, quite often ADHD student's behavior is treated with Detention and ISS (In School Suspension), unless they have an IED or one of the Chapters. Guidance Office is Knowledgeable and Responsive! Lettergrade is an excellent tool for checking up on your child. I've never had a problem scheduling a meeting with my child's team (Teachers).

Last modified J T Lambert Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.