East Stroudsburg, PA

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is wonderful, we arrived here in the 2013 fall semester from out of state and enrolled our twin sons for third grade with special needs requirements and we have had nothing but great support from teachers, teacher assistants, therapists, and guidance counselor, Ms. Dollar - Krell. The faculty follows a strict curriculum, organized setting for students and I receive daily notes from the teachers of my sons progress. If I had to change anything of this school I would only recommend uniforms but again this school has offered all the support my both sons needed and I would recommend it to anyone considering coming to the area.

Middle Smithfield El School 2

Posted August 07, 2013
There are good teachers at this school. My son had one. My daughter did not. My daughter was terrified to go to school within 2 months of the year starting. She was actually made to miss recess because she colored outside the lines. Rather than working on ways to make her more organized and neater, they punished her. She also has food allergies that the school was aware of. She left her lunch on the bus. Instead of calling me, they gave her lunch from the lunch room. She spent 6 weeks sick and recovering from that! We went to the principle about the teacher issues and were told that many parents complain about her, but her students do well on tests. By the end of the year we were just happy it was over. This school was the deciding factor in us moving out of state!

Middle Smithfield El School 1

Posted April 13, 2012
If bigger means better, than this school certainly is a good one. Here we have an example of another notch in the superintendent and school board's belt to provide A number 1 accomodations for your child. Heck there's so much room here now that your child could have his/her own classroom to themselves! Hats off to the taxpayers of East Stroudsburg who have made this monstrosity possible. Instead of eating food, we can now eat as much brick and mortar as our tax paying bodies can handle.

Middle Smithfield El School 0

Posted November 25, 2008
I can't believe all the rave reviews about this school. Test scores are below the state average. My child does not get the extra help she needs to achieve a passing grade. Poor learning conditions since part of the school is taught in a trailer.

Posted June 18, 2008
This is definitely a Great School! Our daughter just completed her first year and we have only good things to say about this school, the teachers and the administration. The class work and activities are most appropriate to enhance the children's learning abilities. The teachers are just awsome - they give individual attention to the kids and provide a very caring environment so that the children are motivated to learn. Five stars all the way!

Posted September 14, 2007

Posted September 13, 2007
'WOW', 'Amazing', 'Unbelievable' is what I have found myself saying lately since my daughter began her school year at Middle Smithfield Elementary. The staff has been so welcoming and very informative. The amount of dedication is shown throughout the entire school from principal, assistant principal, school psychologist, nurse, secretaries, teachers, parents etc... What I love most is the teacher-parent or home-school relationship. I love that I can reinforce what my daughter does during school at home. More importantly, I know that when I drop her off that she is in a safe and loving environment. I feel worry free while she is at school. Overall, I am so glad to be a part of Middle Smithfield's Community.

Posted May 03, 2007

Posted August 13, 2006
If it wasn't for this school, my son would have fallen between the cracks of the New York City Education system. The teachers, staff and principals of this school are extremely involved with the student s education. Their hands on involvement (with the help of the parents) ensure children are kept up to speed with the curriculum, and if there are problems with the child (either academically or emotionally) they will place your child through rigorous testing to find the problem and create and execute a solution. My son is getting an excellent education with an excellent curriculum. Only downside is the growth of the community which pushes classes into trailers (which is connected to the school). However, you would never know you re in an extension from the inside. The key to success is parents and the school supporting each other.

Middle Smithfield El School 3

Posted August 25, 2005

Middle Smithfield El School
5180 Milford Rd, East Stroudsburg, PA  18301
Last modified Middle Smithfield El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middle Smithfield El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top