Bad
Good

This school is wonderful, we arrived here in the 2013 fall semester from out of state and enrolled our twin sons for third grade with special needs requirements and we have had nothing but great support from teachers, teacher assistants, therapists, and guidance counselor, Ms. Dollar - Krell. The faculty follows a strict curriculum, organized setting for students and I receive daily notes from the teachers of my sons progress. If I had to change anything of this school I would only recommend uniforms but again this school has offered all the support my both sons needed and I would recommend it to anyone considering coming to the area.

There are good teachers at this school. My son had one. My daughter did not. My daughter was terrified to go to school within 2 months of the year starting. She was actually made to miss recess because she colored outside the lines. Rather than working on ways to make her more organized and neater, they punished her. She also has food allergies that the school was aware of. She left her lunch on the bus. Instead of calling me, they gave her lunch from the lunch room. She spent 6 weeks sick and recovering from that! We went to the principle about the teacher issues and were told that many parents complain about her, but her students do well on tests. By the end of the year we were just happy it was over. This school was the deciding factor in us moving out of state!

If bigger means better, than this school certainly is a good one. Here we have an example of another notch in the superintendent and school board's belt to provide A number 1 accomodations for your child. Heck there's so much room here now that your child could have his/her own classroom to themselves! Hats off to the taxpayers of East Stroudsburg who have made this monstrosity possible. Instead of eating food, we can now eat as much brick and mortar as our tax paying bodies can handle.

I can't believe all the rave reviews about this school. Test scores are below the state average. My child does not get the extra help she needs to achieve a passing grade. Poor learning conditions since part of the school is taught in a trailer.

This is definitely a Great School! Our daughter just completed her first year and we have only good things to say about this school, the teachers and the administration. The class work and activities are most appropriate to enhance the children's learning abilities. The teachers are just awsome - they give individual attention to the kids and provide a very caring environment so that the children are motivated to learn. Five stars all the way!

'WOW', 'Amazing', 'Unbelievable' is what I have found myself saying lately since my daughter began her school year at Middle Smithfield Elementary. The staff has been so welcoming and very informative. The amount of dedication is shown throughout the entire school from principal, assistant principal, school psychologist, nurse, secretaries, teachers, parents etc... What I love most is the teacher-parent or home-school relationship. I love that I can reinforce what my daughter does during school at home. More importantly, I know that when I drop her off that she is in a safe and loving environment. I feel worry free while she is at school. Overall, I am so glad to be a part of Middle Smithfield's Community.

Last modified Middle Smithfield El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.