Bad
Good

Great school! I moved from NJ to PA 10 years ago. My son is attending 5th grade. I can see the teachers give 100% from the assignments. I also like their extracurricular activities such as band, chorus (both great performance every semester), chess club, OM, etc. I don't know how this school compares to other schools in PA or other states, but I am very impressed and pleased with this school.

To all the concern parents out there, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON TOP OF LOOKING AT YOUR CHILDS ATTENDANCE RECORD!! THE OFFICE LOVES TO PUT MORE DAYS DOWN THAN THEY ARE REALLY OUT FROM SCHOOL!! They do that so when they take you to court, they will get more money for every unlawful Excuse that you missed, and trust me, it adds up if you don't pay attention to the records of when they are out.

First week into third grade my child complaint about his teacher screaming and yelling. I went to see the teacher which stated that he should have been retained in second grade. Concerned I contacted the guider counselor for clarification. At later time the counselor confirming that the teacher statement was false. My child c/o missing recess often and went from loving to hating school. l knew that my child will not learn in this environment thus requested change of class. My request was denied by the principal. I was told if my child can't learn in this class then will not learn in other class ether. By the end of the first marking period the teacher sent in a folder of tests with falling grade to be sign with no letter of concern about my child's learning or lock of. The teacher seams to be indifferent of his needs. I requested meeting which turned to many more until by the end of last marking period my child was categorized as LD and was pulled out in small group. I later learn his class work was being completed by his classmate while he was sent to write the teacher letter of apology. Apology for not being able to learn in her class. What a waist of a school year.

This is a great school. We moved from Jersey five years ago and although I believe PA schools are behind academically compared to NJ the environment is safe, teachers are wonderful, and they work hard to fulfill the needs of the children. They also have anti bullying programs and if a child is picked on its not tolerated. For many parents that is a big fear. It's a safe, happy environment, for your children weather you were born here or are an outsider coming in.

I have two children and one of my children has special needs (mildly). I have open communication with the school on modifications for my other son. It is a friendly small school and it seems like all the kids are good kids and well behaved. I am very happy with this school and the education they receive. The teachers give 100% - it shows in all of the assignments and small projects they are given.

The teachers are committed to providing a great learning atmosphere. My daughter had several opportunities for tutoring that made the difference between a negative and a positive attitude towards school in general - I was very impressed with the school's quick response to any academic trouble she was experiencing.

Last modified J M Hill El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.