East Stroudsburg, PA

J M Hill El School 4

Posted October 29, 2014
Great school! I moved from NJ to PA 10 years ago. My son is attending 5th grade. I can see the teachers give 100% from the assignments. I also like their extracurricular activities such as band, chorus (both great performance every semester), chess club, OM, etc. I don't know how this school compares to other schools in PA or other states, but I am very impressed and pleased with this school.

J M Hill El School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
To all the concern parents out there, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON TOP OF LOOKING AT YOUR CHILDS ATTENDANCE RECORD!! THE OFFICE LOVES TO PUT MORE DAYS DOWN THAN THEY ARE REALLY OUT FROM SCHOOL!! They do that so when they take you to court, they will get more money for every unlawful Excuse that you missed, and trust me, it adds up if you don't pay attention to the records of when they are out.

J M Hill El School 1

Posted September 08, 2013
First week into third grade my child complaint about his teacher screaming and yelling. I went to see the teacher which stated that he should have been retained in second grade. Concerned I contacted the guider counselor for clarification. At later time the counselor confirming that the teacher statement was false. My child c/o missing recess often and went from loving to hating school. l knew that my child will not learn in this environment thus requested change of class. My request was denied by the principal. I was told if my child can't learn in this class then will not learn in other class ether. By the end of the first marking period the teacher sent in a folder of tests with falling grade to be sign with no letter of concern about my child's learning or lock of. The teacher seams to be indifferent of his needs. I requested meeting which turned to many more until by the end of last marking period my child was categorized as LD and was pulled out in small group. I later learn his class work was being completed by his classmate while he was sent to write the teacher letter of apology. Apology for not being able to learn in her class. What a waist of a school year.

Posted July 28, 2011
This is a great school. We moved from Jersey five years ago and although I believe PA schools are behind academically compared to NJ the environment is safe, teachers are wonderful, and they work hard to fulfill the needs of the children. They also have anti bullying programs and if a child is picked on its not tolerated. For many parents that is a big fear. It's a safe, happy environment, for your children weather you were born here or are an outsider coming in.

Posted May 12, 2009
I have two children and one of my children has special needs (mildly). I have open communication with the school on modifications for my other son. It is a friendly small school and it seems like all the kids are good kids and well behaved. I am very happy with this school and the education they receive. The teachers give 100% - it shows in all of the assignments and small projects they are given.

J M Hill El School 4

Posted July 11, 2007
The teachers are committed to providing a great learning atmosphere. My daughter had several opportunities for tutoring that made the difference between a negative and a positive attitude towards school in general - I was very impressed with the school's quick response to any academic trouble she was experiencing.

J M Hill El School 3

Posted April 20, 2005
I have one child who attends JM Hill. They are excellenct in supporting his special needs.

Posted April 05, 2005
Two of my children have gone to J.M. Hill-both have done superbly in High School and I attribute their performance there to the solid foundation they received at JM Hill...the teachers are really outstanding and innovative-wonderful for the kids.

J M Hill El School 2

Posted June 18, 2004
I have two children that attend J.M.Hill. One child is Doing well. My other child is autistic and is not being educated. I have been doing this at home. They have an outside agency work on behaviors only. I am very upset by this. Seems things are a little backwords.

Posted June 07, 2004
I had 2 sons attend JM Hill School. One son is handicapped with learning disabilities; the other son is highly gifted in all areas. The school accomodated both children well & was adept at identifying their strengths and weaknesses. I have a very high regard for this school.

J M Hill El School
151 East Broad St, East Stroudsburg, PA  18301
Last modified J M Hill El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J M Hill El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top