Farmersville El School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
Relatively speaking this is one of the better schools in this school district, however I am disappointed with the quality of education and discipline. The new principal seems to have bought some good changes to the school, however most of the union based teachers expect parents to bow down to them in order to treat kids right. I agree with a couple of other parents about 3rd grade, one particular teacher in that grade is totally off when dealing with disciplining children and often does not address the issue. She would rather punish the child who brings up the issue since she has now had to deal with it. Generally there also seems to be too much involvement with the teachers and the mothers. I am a single dad and I found it tough to deal with the teachers, without it adversely affecting how they treated my son.

Farmersville El School 2

Posted March 11, 2014
I had great expectations for this school from speaking with neighbors before buying our house and talking to fellow parents. But I was hugely disappointed. My child still goes to this school. Most teachers just do the basic minimum to stay on the job. My child had teachers who yelled at him in Kindergarten, 1st & 3rd grades. 2nd grade teachers are good, one of them being nominated for state level awards is very good. All the other teachers are mediocre, some 3rd grade teachers are plain mean. They expect parents to be super nice to them and keep them happy with gifts and appreciation programs and what not in order to treat the kids well. The PTA here is a big mom's club, has no diversity and reduces to a popularity contest among the moms. The PTA also seems to be running a big part of the school and is a forum for ex-teachers who cant find jobs anymore to stay in touch with the school system. Whether your child wins prizes in talent shows and if his picture comes up in the year book depends on whether you are in involved with the PTA. The school has a lot of potential and can improve quite a bit.

Farmersville El School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
My kid goes to this school now. My kid had bad teachers in kindergarten and third grade who would yell at the kids everyday. My kid had a great teacher in second grade who really cared for her students and worked with them. The earlier principal was more protective of the teachers than the students. With the new principal this year, things are beginning to change. Many (not all) teachers are insensitive and working just for the pay and benefits. The teachers and the PTA are monochromatic and see diversity as a challenge to be avoided. Gifted program lags behind other schools. In summary, it is an average school with a lot of potential. It needs the new principal to bring it to the 21st century.

Posted September 09, 2013
Great school, these teachers take education very seriously, they give a excellent support in order for our kids to achieve the best educational goals with clear expectations.

Posted May 21, 2011
Excellent! I had my daughter attend kindergarten here and I have to say that the teachers are super. I helped with centers throughout the year and was able to see some of the school from the inside. The staff is caring, the academic program is diverse and principal teaches excellent values. The school has good security and a good alert system (school closings, etc..) We had our daughter in private school before this. If you are considering if this school is worth it, overall I would say it is a good bet to send them here. - A dad.

Posted October 03, 2010
I am very impressed with the level of professionalism at this school. The principal has set a tone for high standards of academics and behavior, and the children strive to excel. The teachers are both caring and excellent facilitators of learning. They are extremely organized, which helps children to develop good study habits early on.

Farmersville El School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers and staff are wonderful at Farmersville. They care about the students and do the best they can to help them learn.

Farmersville El School 4

Posted April 29, 2008
Farmersville has a very invilved PTA, teachers that are intouch with the students and a wonderful music department. I would like to see a Science Fair in their future.

Farmersville El School 4

Posted June 06, 2006

Posted May 07, 2005
I love Farmersville! My two older children went there and there teacher involvement is wonderful! They have great communication with the parents.

Farmersville El School
7036 William Penn Highway, Easton, PA  18045
Last modified Farmersville El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farmersville El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top