Elkins Park, PA

Posted April 09, 2014
my school is amazing and the teachers are great and recess is fun and the food is cool and our peec trip is going to be fun

Posted August 28, 2012
As a former student and the kid of a former teacher, i can tell you that this school wants its students to be prepared for the future, and cares enough about its students to blaze the path to get the students in the right direction. The academics are age appropriate, and the activities are great. GO EP!

Elkins Park School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
As someone who has worked at this school for the past 11 years, I can attest to the dedication of the staff to providing a top-notch education for all of the children. This is a school that cares deeply about its students and their success and well-being.

Posted April 14, 2010
I sent my son to Elkins Park from St James School because he had issues that couldn't be addressed in the smaller setting at St. James. His teachers were welcoming and went out of their way to help him to fit in during the beginning of the school year. Overall I feel that I made a great decision and for the most part my son enjoys going to school. I have had some issues communicating with staff there, but when there is a more urgent issue I always get a swift response.

Elkins Park School 2

Posted March 21, 2010
Elkins Park School is not satisfying the needs of my gifted son. He is bored in his classes, which are much too easy. Furthermore, there are serious social problems - cursing, fighting and pushing each other in the halls, disrupting classes, being rude and disrespectful. Either the teachers don't notice or (more likely), they don't want to take the time and energy to correct students' inappropriate behavior. This school is very big, and my son feels lost in the shuffle. The gifted program is lame, and nobody seems to want to listen to me that my son seems to be wasting his time sitting through classes which are way too easy and where there are too many kids with severe behavior problems. The good thing about the school is the music program.

Elkins Park School 0

Posted September 10, 2009
I find Elkins Park school ok, not great, not poor. I requested a reading specialist for my daughter and received the run around. Although I have worked with my daughter that concerns me a great deal because there was no effort to resolve the problem. I pay far too much in taxes not to have my concerns addressed. I will make an updated assessment as this school year progresses.

Posted January 13, 2009

Posted October 09, 2008
My son has been in the cheltenham district since 4th grade and I must say that I am impressed. My son began to have very low grades when he started at myers and the staff worked very quickly with me when he was found to have ADHD. He is doing well and I am very happy with the schools

Posted August 25, 2008
It is a 2 year school (5th and 6th Grade). Great Parent Involvement with faculty, administration, and social activities. Educational instruction is given on 3 learning tracks (support, grade level, and advance). Student placement on these learning tracks are recommended by faculty and evaluation of PSSA and Cheltenham School District Annual Testing. Frequently, AA parents must advocate for their child's interest to insure proper classroom track placement. However, there is an open door policy with the school's administrators to hear all concerns and justice seems to always prevail. The school has wonderful Art Teachers and a fabulous Music Programs - Choirs, Band, and Orchestra. There are a vast number of afterschool programs - sports, learning enrichment, and competitive teams such as Reading Olympics and Problem Solving. The school district provides late bus transportation for children who participate in afterschool programs.

Posted January 15, 2008
I go to Elkins Park School. The school has great hygiene, teachers, teaching ideas and also some fun things to do here and there. I love E.P. with all my heart, and I never want to leave!

Elkins Park School
8149 New Second St, Elkins Park, PA  19027
Last modified Elkins Park School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elkins Park School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top