Bad
Good

I found the administration at this school to be tuned into the needs of middle school level students. My children's teachers were selected with my individual child in mind. They had different teachers that met the needs of each child. There are so many activities for the children to be involved with. The school does an excellent job of allowing kids to try out many kinds of experiences. Music, sports, chorus, clubs, etc.

Elkins Park is a great school with many opportunities for students - committed teachers in a warm and accepting community. Really got my kids off to a great start!

my school is amazing and the teachers are great and recess is fun and the food is cool and our peec trip is going to be fun

As a former student and the kid of a former teacher, i can tell you that this school wants its students to be prepared for the future, and cares enough about its students to blaze the path to get the students in the right direction. The academics are age appropriate, and the activities are great. GO EP!

As someone who has worked at this school for the past 11 years, I can attest to the dedication of the staff to providing a top-notch education for all of the children. This is a school that cares deeply about its students and their success and well-being.

I sent my son to Elkins Park from St James School because he had issues that couldn't be addressed in the smaller setting at St. James. His teachers were welcoming and went out of their way to help him to fit in during the beginning of the school year. Overall I feel that I made a great decision and for the most part my son enjoys going to school. I have had some issues communicating with staff there, but when there is a more urgent issue I always get a swift response.

Elkins Park School is not satisfying the needs of my gifted son. He is bored in his classes, which are much too easy. Furthermore, there are serious social problems - cursing, fighting and pushing each other in the halls, disrupting classes, being rude and disrespectful. Either the teachers don't notice or (more likely), they don't want to take the time and energy to correct students' inappropriate behavior. This school is very big, and my son feels lost in the shuffle. The gifted program is lame, and nobody seems to want to listen to me that my son seems to be wasting his time sitting through classes which are way too easy and where there are too many kids with severe behavior problems. The good thing about the school is the music program.

I find Elkins Park school ok, not great, not poor. I requested a reading specialist for my daughter and received the run around. Although I have worked with my daughter that concerns me a great deal because there was no effort to resolve the problem. I pay far too much in taxes not to have my concerns addressed. I will make an updated assessment as this school year progresses.

My son has been in the cheltenham district since 4th grade and I must say that I am impressed. My son began to have very low grades when he started at myers and the staff worked very quickly with me when he was found to have ADHD. He is doing well and I am very happy with the schools

It is a 2 year school (5th and 6th Grade). Great Parent Involvement with faculty, administration, and social activities. Educational instruction is given on 3 learning tracks (support, grade level, and advance). Student placement on these learning tracks are recommended by faculty and evaluation of PSSA and Cheltenham School District Annual Testing. Frequently, AA parents must advocate for their child's interest to insure proper classroom track placement. However, there is an open door policy with the school's administrators to hear all concerns and justice seems to always prevail. The school has wonderful Art Teachers and a fabulous Music Programs - Choirs, Band, and Orchestra. There are a vast number of afterschool programs - sports, learning enrichment, and competitive teams such as Reading Olympics and Problem Solving. The school district provides late bus transportation for children who participate in afterschool programs.

Last modified Elkins Park School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.