Emmaus, PA
Students enrolled: 2,566

Posted January 13, 2013
This school has some of the highest standards I have ever seen in a public school. From the academic rigor, to the discipline code, to the extra curricular opportunities, EHS offers students every opportunity to succeed, and the community is very supportive as well. I would not hesitate to send my child to Emmaus, and anyone who says otherwise needs to take a long, hard look at their expectations and the other public schools in the area.

Posted November 23, 2011
The outstanding education my daughter received at Emmaus High School led to a full tuition 4 year scholarship at a prestigious private college. She entered college with 27 credits she accumulated through AP courses. With a solid academic preparation she obtained at EHS she was able to graduate with highest honors from college and obtained 2 scholarships for graduate study. She is presently in an honorable career with an outstanding firm. The parents of many of her classmates could write virtually the same message.

Posted August 09, 2011
Where to begin? The administration is poor to say the least; the only high point is that they manage to keep most of the kids out of prison, and even that is questionable. They hand out Saturday detentions to the point that it looks like a regular school day when the kids are entering the building, and most are for minor infractions. There is a rampant drug problem among the children in the school and in no way is this being addressed. The students are questionable at best and are lacking in most moral areas and have little to no interpersonal skills unless you count threats and fighting among characteristics that are positive. I pulled ALL of my children out and actually opted to educate them elsewhere. I would rather pay Central Catholic ungodly sums of money (and we are not Catholic) than send my children to EHS. This saddens me as I am a graduate of EHS myself and have family who had taught for East Penn for years. They agree, times have changed, the families have changed and so have the teachers. Attitude reflects leadership, all of which are lacking in the EHS of today.

Emmaus High School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
My son is in his 12 year of school, and the teachers and staff have done an outstanding job preparing Michael for the next level of education. He has made it to AP courses,because of the support provided by the counselors and teachers. Thank you EHS!!!!

Posted May 04, 2009

Emmaus High School 3

Posted April 28, 2009
Having 3 kids and a grandchild who have gone through Emmaus, I can safely say the focus of the school and the district is on the college-bound student. Programs and encouragement for those students has been and continues to be very good. However, this school discourages and in fact has a tendency to 'push out' those students who will terminate their education after high school or who look toward a trade school.

Emmaus High School 2

Posted March 09, 2009

Posted March 07, 2009
Emmaus H.S. is the most overcrowded and unprofessional school. The grading system horrible and last year I was told in many classes there were only a 'class set of books'. The administration had no clue until I brought it to their attention.

Posted September 21, 2008

Posted March 23, 2008
I graduated last year and it was such a great school. The teachers were helpful and nice, the activities and sports always kept things exciting, and the students really showed a lot of school spirit. I'm so glad I went to this school!

Emmaus High School
500 Macungie Ave, Emmaus, PA  18049
Last modified Emmaus High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emmaus High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top