Enola, PA

Posted April 04, 2014
East Pennsboro School District is wonderful school. My three children's all goes from Elementary, Middle School and High School. From Principal, Teacher's and Staff in all three of this school is awesome. They very professional, knowledgeable and very caring. As a parent, I'm proudly to say that I will always recommend East Pennsboro School District to any students. When concern arrives they take care right away.

Posted November 07, 2013
I am very impressed with this school. My daughter started Kindergarten mid-year and her teacher was wonderful communicating with us and helping her get up to speed. Now, in first grade, she is doing wonderfully with a great foundation for continued learning. My second child is in a different kindergarten classroom and I am very impressed with how the staff in each grade work together so well for the benefit of each, individual student. I feel my children are safe and given the attention needed to excell.

Posted May 01, 2013
My daughter went to EPE and is now in the the middle school. All of her teachers were excellant. When her 3rd grade teacher saw that she was advanced in math, they put her in a pull out program with Mrs. Lewis which is more than a typical school would do. My son is now in EPE and all of his teachers have been excellant. The only complaint is the art teacher.

East Pennsboro El School 4

Posted December 05, 2012
I am a parent of a Kindergartener and a teacher (of another district). As a parent, I have been impressed with the teachers and school so far. The principal/school communicate regularly through newsletters, information nights, email, phone, and even facebook. My daughter's teacher is well educated and experienced. She is patient and kind with the students and provides support and guidence often. As a teacher, I must say the complaints mentioned are often out of any teacher's control. Unfortunately schools are driven by highstakes testing (PSSA) but that it not the teacher/school or even districts choice. If you are unhappy with this approach please, please contact your local legislation & consider this when you vote!!! The NCLB Act is the root of the high stakes testing and despite the "catchy" name of "No Child Left Behind" it does infact leave children behind! In addition, my advice to parents who feel they are not receiving enough support, educate yourself on your rights as a parent (visit the state dept. of ed site). Ask questions about policy and practices. Often times, parents do not have a clear understanding of educational child development and practice.

East Pennsboro El School 3

Posted March 06, 2012
Overall, its an "okay" school. I have had one child go through elementary and is now in middle and another child still in elementary. It is true if your child is above grade level, you will not get additional support. They think the other children "will catch up" to your child instead of making sure you're child continues to learn at the pace they are at. I have spoken with 7 different teachers to help provide worksheets or more advanced items for my child to do when they are done with their current work and none of my ideas have been received well. Many teachers are self righteous and act like they know best. If your child is at grade level and gets a bad grade, don't expect any help either. Graded papers RARELY come home, teachers don't utilize the online grading system, and you have to guess what their report card will show. EVERYTHING revolves around the PSSA tests, enough stress to leave my kids crying. They are also cutting programs left and right to meet budgets because teachers won't take a pay freeze. Most teachers expect you not to be involved and to just "trust" their judgment. Both my kids also loathe the art teacher and art class, odd for elementary students.

East Pennsboro El School 1

Posted November 17, 2009

Posted May 19, 2009

East Pennsboro El School 3

Posted March 31, 2009
First the number of students in each class is more like 20 per class than 15. I also agree witht he comment below that they teach to get the test scores and forget anything else. Also, if your child is just making it or above average do not expect them to get any help. I have a child who just missed being in the gifted program and he is not being challenged in class at all. I have another child that is just making it for her grade and can not get any help because she is 'at grade level'. Also, the principal is not interested in solving problems she tells you what you want to hear.

East Pennsboro El School 0

Posted January 22, 2009
my grandchildren go to East penn. and my daughter graduated in 1990. I am highly disappointed at their concern for one of my grandchilden. he is having a behavorial problem and the teacher does not seem to want to deal with it because he is not violent. We have to go outside of the school to get any help . This concerns me greatly because I thought they were there to help and give advice ........ but we can get no satisfactory answers to our needs.

East Pennsboro El School 4

Posted June 12, 2008
While I think East Pennsboro Elementary is a very good school when it comes to grades, they are not quick to accomodate. My son is gifted and they offer no programs until 3rd grade. They also do not like controversy and are quick to sweep issues under the rug or ignore them. I do believe there is some amount of 'favoritism' for children who have relatives working there. I feel that perhaps the school district is too preoccupied with having high test scores at any means and do not focus enough on the joy of learning that school can provide. I could be wrong though, my child is only in 1st grade and hopefully I have gotten the bottom of the barrel teachers thus far and will have better luck next year.

East Pennsboro El School
840 Panther Parkway, Enola, PA  17025
Last modified East Pennsboro El School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Pennsboro El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top