Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The level of effectiveness can vary. But overall, I believe the majority try hard to motivate the students.

Develops character: Agree

The teachers at Springfield were pretty much on the same page regarding developing these aspects of the students. Again, the new principal has truly made a difference.

My daughter attended Springfield Township High School, and I truly believe they did a very good job of preparing her for college level classes. She is starting her 3rd year, and has a 3.0 GPA. I will say that the school improved greatly with the new principal. This high school should only get better with the new leadership.

As a recent graduate of Springfield Township High School, I only have praises, for the school, staff and student body. Springfield gives an education equivalent to the best private schools, with small class sizes, excellent teachers who care about their students, more than enough clubs and sports to keep everyone involved, and an all around high school experience. I'm now enrolled at the University of Delaware and can whole-heartedly say that Springfield has made me more than prepared for all of the high level classes that I have encountered so far. Troubles that the school has encountered in the past, such as the hokey-pokey of Administrators and Principals, are far behind, making this small public school truly shine.

I don't know about their other schools, but I wouldn't send my kids to the high school.

I went thru the springfield township school district starting at erdenheim in 1st grade all the way through 12th grade at the high school. As a recent college grad, I feel as if this school really prepared me for college-level work and challenges. Many times I felt as if my peers in the state university I went to were not as prepared/on the level I was in regards to academics. Thus, I came out ahead of the pack. I remember my high school years as challenging and informative. Many classes really got me think critically about ideas and issues. Some of my classmates were seriously intelligent induviduals. My elementry years are a little more foggy, but I must have acquired a decent skill set in order to do well in high school and college. I would reccomened this school to anyone looking to give their child a worthwhile education. Seriously, I've come to realize I was so privledged to get the great education that I recieved at Springfield. That being said, I'm not sure how the school is doing academically now, but I hope they continue to be one of the best in the area, and produce well-rounded and well-educated induviduals into the world. - Class of 2008

This school is in strong need of capable, consistent leadership. I have two children who went through this high school and am glad to be done with this school. There seems to be no consequences for any sort of negative behavior including bullying, violations of student integrity or attendance issues. Both of my students left for 9th and 10th grade but asked to return for junior and senior year. Both they and I realized after the fact that this was indeed the wrong decision. Unless major changes are made ASAP this school will continue to tumble and that is a shame considering the elementary and middle schools are stellar.

Great school with good teacher to pupil ratio and dollars spent per student is on par with many private schools in the area. Springfield High has done a excellent job in the development of my children into responsible caring young adults. All I can say is I wish my high school years could have been spent in such an institution!

the rooms that need air conditioning have heat, and the rooms that need A/C need heating. half of the teachers are uptight and unfair, the others are laid back and just dont care. the school is so small there is a very small amount of students to choose from to join a sports team, therefore, any division our school is put in we will still lose every game. but i still love it!

great fine arts & cooperation between fine arts teachers can be academically challenging if students take honors/ap courses small community-people tend to really know each other sports no cut policy allows kids to try out new sports if they desire

Last modified Springfield Twp High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.