Bad
Good

Lower class level of teachers just recently entered Grandview. Ridge field Elementary school closed for a reason. Grandview absorbed some or all of the staff. The 4th grade former Ridgefield teacher uses insults as opposed to praises for the children. If your child is going there, request a Grandview teacher. They are wonderful, classy, caring and communicated very well when we had those teachers.

Grandview Elementary offers excellent teachers and support staff! Each one gets to know you on a one on one level. The PTA is strong and it shows through in the activities they offer students! Students are challenged at each grade level in their daily work and special projects during the school year. Grandview is not my children's home school in the district. I choose to send my children there - - and it's no wonder Grandview is consistently ranked #1 School Choice Elementary School in the Millcreek Township School District.

I would probably chose a more parent friendly school if I had to relocate. Too many kids, not enough staff. I only find out about 'issues' well past the period of supportive correction. And my child is a good student.

The staff at Grandview is excellent. I wouldnt have my kids go to any other elementary school in the area.

We picked our home because it was in the Grandview boundaries. We had heard such good things about Grandview. Being a teacher myself, I held high expectations for the teachers. The teachers have been wonderful in K-2, although I feel the kids could definitly be challenged more! Principals statisitcs for test scores in open house (all three years) did not match this website. Not sure why. His are higher and probably more accurate. PTA- I have been involved and attended most meetings, yet no one even knows my name. I'm not a shy person! They only talk to those they know REALLY well. I'm not the first to call it a 'click'. No matter how involved I have tried to be, they just aren't that inviting and friendly. Despite all this, it's a good public school with good teachers who love the kids. After all, Isn't that what is most important?

All three of my very different daughters have benefited from Grandview's dedicated teachers. My youngest two attended the Montessori classrooms within the school; the eldest followed the traditional route. All three excelled. Truly great teachers!

Our son had a great kindergarten experience at Grandview, but problems developed in first grade. The school also shows inconsistencies from the leadership. We would get school supply lists, buy the items, then get a note not to send them because it's unfair to the other students. We'd get approved snack lists and later find out our son was getting snacks not listed. Etc.

As a professoinal in the field of Education- I understand the importance of a quality school that has a good staff and strong leader. Grandview has met all of my expectations this school year. We are new to Grandview, having left private school due to the opportunities we saw within the public system that simply were not available in the private schools in Erie. Grandview staff, students and parents take great pride in the school. I feel very confident that my children are receiving the best education Erie has to offer.

Last modified Grandview El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.