Montessori Regional Cs

Charter | K-6

Living in Erie

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $169,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted April 9, 2014

I disagree with the previous parents comment on MRCS staff being to strict wih rules. In my experience they are to lax on bullying. My child constantly has problems with troubled behavioral children who don't know how to keep there hands to themselves. Like the previous comment I agree free in erie is not for us. I blame it on the parents not the faculty. The faculty is wonderfull. This school has a couple more steps you have to go through above and beyond a regular public school. However it's not enough, I think if there was even a 200$ fee to apply it would weed out the individuals who just want in because its free and whom take advantage of anything with the word free in it. I am all For equal opportunity for children.But if the parents dont work with their children, the school cannot do it all. Very nice teachers and faculty a+ to them.

Posted March 20, 2014

The CEO needs to be replaced. He is arrogant and refused to listen to me when I had an issue. He told me I was wasting his time. The lady directly under him (I forget what her title was) is amazing! She sat down with me answered my question and helped me tremendously. My son has done well in the school. They are very rigid with their rules and most of the staff seems to lack compassion. I will not be sending my son back and will find another school for my children.

Posted November 26, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Montessori, we started our youngest in preschool at Montessori in the Woods. We were able to get him in Kindergarten at MRCS which was a blessing because we have 4 children and the tuition would have been too much. The teachers are all so wonderful and they really seem to focus on good values. I happen to like the principle and have never heard anything bad about him. We now have 3 of our 4 children attending. 2 are extremely bright and 1 is being worked with one on one for her reading. I think they do a great job as far as assessing what each child is able to do. Keep up the great work staff and I will continue to praise this school. Good Job on being ranked in the top 5% of the STATE in student progress. Must be doing something right!!

Posted August 20, 2013

My children attend this school and we are weighing whether to break it to them before the first day back that the animals in the classroom will not be there this year. The principal/CEO has eliminated them this year, thinking once again of business and money decisions first. Animals (birds, hamsters, ducklings, etc.) were just one of the hands-on learning experiences for the kids. However slowly but surely, year-by-year, another Montessori method gets thrown out the window under this CEO. Also, in the last couple of years, parents have been left out of most all communication from the administration about what's going on with our kids (unless you need to make a lunch order or the CEO wants you to send in money for something else, of course). We've been treating like we are a nuisance to the school. That's not Montessori, in which community and coming together is encouraged. I feel for previous parents' comments with the staff, as I have had similar experiences that have been no or low information, or stand-off-ish with office, nurse and others. This excludes the teachers, who carry the weight of the school. They have been great, but can only do what they are told.

Posted October 20, 2012

Both of my children attend MRCS. The teachers and staff are very open to comments and suggestions and get back to you right away. The woman who posted re: her daughter brought her Granddaughters lunch late and they told she couldn't come back. Is fabricating a story. I won't get into it, but these are people that feel rules don't apply to them. It had nothing to do with a child's lunch. I heard her daughter cursing and screaming at the teachers and the principal. She did this in front of many other children. I feel bad for the child involved. Her mother said she wasn't coming back so the believed her. It is not run like a prison. It's a happy atmosphere that my kids enjoy every day. Please don't believe the crazy rantings of people who feel that life revolves around them and teach their children the same thing. Investigate for yourself. Montessori may not be for everyone, but it certainly is a good school. I would never let my children attend a school if it weren't a healthy environment for them. Shame on the people who don't get there way and bad mouth others because of it.

Posted August 23, 2012

our first time at montosorrie school i find the principal to be a very hostile person as well as his staff. my grandaughter attented her first day there aug 23 2012 and because my dropped off her daughters lunch to the office they waited till the end of day to say my grandaughter cant come back she is wondering why she cant go she said gram what did i do wrong she did nothing wrong the problem is the principal has seriouse anger issues and they run it like a prison i have read the history and the experience today is nothing like what it says about the schools this school in question is on steretania road this will not be the end i just paid more school taxes and montosories are public schools i will the right people involved to investigate this situation

Posted June 6, 2012

. The CEO and his assistant are interested in the school only as a business and their arrogant and condescending manner towards the teachers is appalling. The CEO should concentrate on what he is good at which is business, politics and smiling at the right time. The school needs someone who advocates for the children and for the teachers, not someone who creates an adversarial and hostile atmosphere. He goes against every principle that Madame Montessori stood for - respect for each other, respect for the child and a gentle and kind teaching style.I plan to contact NAMTA and American Montessori Society about how this school has lost it's Montessori directive far beyond that which is required by a state charter school. I also plan to contact the Erie school district about some serious breaks from guidelines on child safety concerning teacher - student ratios. The CEO is not a king and this school is not his kingdom. To the Board -You are responsible for his lack of accountability.Wake Up! Find another good businessman who treats others with respect and dignity even when no one is watching.

Posted February 9, 2012

unprofessional and highly controlling CEO. No place for special needs children. Diluted Montessori Method. However, the teachers are fabulous ! !

Posted February 2, 2012

I cannot speak to the treatment of the special needs children as my child does not share those demands. That said.. I disagree with the recent review of the switch board .. I think she may have been trying to guide the parent to someone that could answer her questions with more knowledge. My daughter has attended MRCS for 2 years now and could not be happier anywhere else. I love the fact that the CEO runs his school like a business with special interest in "customer satisfaction" As a parent it is reassuring to know my child's needs will be met and not overlooked as they might in a public school setting. As far as the Building Manager, I think he is wonderful at his job. Any time I've gone to the school he has always been busy. The school has a great flow and I think that speaks to the building manager's work ethic. All in all I say this school has a family oriented atmosphere that eases my child's day.

Posted September 6, 2011

I just called the school this morning to get some info. about a possible parent observation day I heard about over the week-end. The woman at the switch board did not know anything about it so I asked to speak to someone else at the school who could provide me with the info. She said there was no one else to talk too and that I had to e-mail the school if I wanted any info. She was most unhelpful and it does speak to the other parent reviews about how parents are treated at this school. I'm so glad I found this out for myself before I enrolled my child there.

Posted July 23, 2011

The Teachers at this school are among the best around. Unfortuneately, the administration of this school are as lame as it gets! Special needs students are treated as inferior and unwanted due to the fact that the principal/ ceo doesn't want them there because they lower the PSSA scores. This so-called principal also has been known to engage in unethical hiring practices and unethical treatment of his employees. His Building Manager (Maintenance supervisor) does as he pleases regardless of teachers complaints about his poor job performance and lack of knowledge. He didn't know how to start the boiler so that the children could have a warm building. Not to mention his violations of OSHA regulations that are so bad that every child in that school is put in jeopardy everyday.

Posted June 2, 2011

The teachers are amazing ! Best in town!!!!!!! 10-star teachers !!!!! However, I cannot give a better rating than 3 because the CEO/administration is poor. Very poor. The CEO has been known to scream and yell at parents. Very unprofessional. Be prepared if your child has special needs.....the CEO/administration does their best to move them on without a documented trail. Most often, parents move their children to a school that will help them. It is a real shame. However, if your kids are typical...the teachers make it a great place to learn in!!!! Thank you teachers ! I

Posted April 17, 2011

Amazing teachers and leadership from the principal make Montessori a wonderful setting for children to grow. My youngest son has aspergers and his teacher has helped him grow beyond anything we could imagine. We thank god each day for such a place as Montessori!

Posted March 10, 2011

If your a parent of a disabled child do not I repeat do not waste your time with this school. The principle will do everything and anything he can to get your child out. Your child will be punished and treated unfairly. Unless your a judge of course. Up to 7 families a year have to relocate their children due to the harsh discrimination. They get away with it because they are not a county school and do not fall under the district policies. You have to go to state level to get any help and sit and wait. Meanwhile your child pays the price. So you are forced to leave. I have never met such a cold hearted staff. Yes the teachers -well some- are great and if your kids has not learning issues or any type of disability you will do fine there. But if you want to support those children with special needs then go somewhere else. Then maybe somebody will take notice that discrimenation is not acceptable. PS Parents are not allowed in the school so they can what they do private.

Posted January 30, 2011

I sadly must agree with the parent who gave 3 stars. My child has attended since pre-school, and has one more year there. I chose this school because of the laid back family atmosphere. That has all but disappeared, and parents no longer are made to feel welcome, they're made to feel as though they're a nuisance, even at the concerts and just dropping off paperwork... I feel really sad about this. I keep my child there because the teachers ARE great, and he's had the same friends for so long, but I will not be sad to switch schools, and I do not recommend it to many people.

Posted February 23, 2010

My Kids go to this school and I think it is really great.

Posted September 16, 2009

montessori is a great,grounded and positive environment. my 1st grader loves going to school. family,environment,french and fun are just a few of the attributes. Become a Mustang!!!!!!!!

Posted July 1, 2009

Montessori REgional Charter School keeps getting better and better...which is why Erie and Millcreek are afraid to let them grow. The word is out about the incredible teaching staff, the fantastic cirriculum and materials and the wonderful supportive environment...This is a school that puts children's needs first. You can see it in the testing scores and, more importantly, in the childrens faces. My children love school and cannot wait to learn! That says it all.

Posted March 3, 2009

This school is excellent!! The children are so much farther ahead of their non-montessori peers. The principal runs a tight ship but it works.

Posted November 8, 2008

Our family has been a part of this Montessori school for 16 years. Since its transition to a public Montessori school we have seen nothing but great improvements in the program. The teaching staff and admisnistration have brought this school to the front in public Montessori. It is truly a great asset to our region. This Montessori Charter School is a pioneer in the future of public Montessori schools.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2012.

41 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 74% in 2012.

41 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 82% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2012.

20 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 65% in 2012.

20 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 69% in 2012.

All Students68%

Male63%
White74%
Economically disadvantaged65%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students58%

This school District averageState average
Female 45%N/A49%
Male 55%N/A51%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2910 Sterrettania Rd