Posted September 16, 2014
There is a perfect combination of education and life skills being taught to my children at Montessori Regional School. The intimate classroom structure insures that all children are able to receive any one on one time they may need during a lesson. Traditionally speaking, children do not enjoy waking up early and heading to school. This is not the case at MRCS. My children and their peers look forward to their days in school and they are growing into intelligent, independent, and inquisitive children!

Posted September 16, 2014
Montessori is a wonderful education. The teachers and office staff promote open communication. In the 2013/2014 school year MRCS was the highest ranking school overall in the Erie area.

Montessori Regional Cs 3

Posted April 09, 2014
I disagree with the previous parents comment on MRCS staff being to strict wih rules. In my experience they are to lax on bullying. My child constantly has problems with troubled behavioral children who don't know how to keep there hands to themselves. Like the previous comment I agree free in erie is not for us. I blame it on the parents not the faculty. The faculty is wonderfull. This school has a couple more steps you have to go through above and beyond a regular public school. However it's not enough, I think if there was even a 200$ fee to apply it would weed out the individuals who just want in because its free and whom take advantage of anything with the word free in it. I am all For equal opportunity for children.But if the parents dont work with their children, the school cannot do it all. Very nice teachers and faculty a+ to them.

Montessori Regional Cs 2

Posted March 20, 2014
The CEO needs to be replaced. He is arrogant and refused to listen to me when I had an issue. He told me I was wasting his time. The lady directly under him (I forget what her title was) is amazing! She sat down with me answered my question and helped me tremendously. My son has done well in the school. They are very rigid with their rules and most of the staff seems to lack compassion. I will not be sending my son back and will find another school for my children.

Posted August 20, 2013
My children attend this school and we are weighing whether to break it to them before the first day back that the animals in the classroom will not be there this year. The principal/CEO has eliminated them this year, thinking once again of business and money decisions first. Animals (birds, hamsters, ducklings, etc.) were just one of the hands-on learning experiences for the kids. However slowly but surely, year-by-year, another Montessori method gets thrown out the window under this CEO. Also, in the last couple of years, parents have been left out of most all communication from the administration about what's going on with our kids (unless you need to make a lunch order or the CEO wants you to send in money for something else, of course). We've been treating like we are a nuisance to the school. That's not Montessori, in which community and coming together is encouraged. I feel for previous parents' comments with the staff, as I have had similar experiences that have been no or low information, or stand-off-ish with office, nurse and others. This excludes the teachers, who carry the weight of the school. They have been great, but can only do what they are told.

Posted October 20, 2012
Both of my children attend MRCS. The teachers and staff are very open to comments and suggestions and get back to you right away. The woman who posted re: her daughter brought her Granddaughters lunch late and they told she couldn't come back. Is fabricating a story. I won't get into it, but these are people that feel rules don't apply to them. It had nothing to do with a child's lunch. I heard her daughter cursing and screaming at the teachers and the principal. She did this in front of many other children. I feel bad for the child involved. Her mother said she wasn't coming back so the believed her. It is not run like a prison. It's a happy atmosphere that my kids enjoy every day. Please don't believe the crazy rantings of people who feel that life revolves around them and teach their children the same thing. Investigate for yourself. Montessori may not be for everyone, but it certainly is a good school. I would never let my children attend a school if it weren't a healthy environment for them. Shame on the people who don't get there way and bad mouth others because of it.

Posted August 23, 2012
our first time at montosorrie school i find the principal to be a very hostile person as well as his staff. my grandaughter attented her first day there aug 23 2012 and because my dropped off her daughters lunch to the office they waited till the end of day to say my grandaughter cant come back she is wondering why she cant go she said gram what did i do wrong she did nothing wrong the problem is the principal has seriouse anger issues and they run it like a prison i have read the history and the experience today is nothing like what it says about the schools this school in question is on steretania road this will not be the end i just paid more school taxes and montosories are public schools i will the right people involved to investigate this situation

Montessori Regional Cs 2

Posted June 06, 2012
. The CEO and his assistant are interested in the school only as a business and their arrogant and condescending manner towards the teachers is appalling. The CEO should concentrate on what he is good at which is business, politics and smiling at the right time. The school needs someone who advocates for the children and for the teachers, not someone who creates an adversarial and hostile atmosphere. He goes against every principle that Madame Montessori stood for - respect for each other, respect for the child and a gentle and kind teaching style.I plan to contact NAMTA and American Montessori Society about how this school has lost it's Montessori directive far beyond that which is required by a state charter school. I also plan to contact the Erie school district about some serious breaks from guidelines on child safety concerning teacher - student ratios. The CEO is not a king and this school is not his kingdom. To the Board -You are responsible for his lack of accountability.Wake Up! Find another good businessman who treats others with respect and dignity even when no one is watching.

Posted February 09, 2012
unprofessional and highly controlling CEO. No place for special needs children. Diluted Montessori Method. However, the teachers are fabulous ! !

Posted February 02, 2012
I cannot speak to the treatment of the special needs children as my child does not share those demands. That said.. I disagree with the recent review of the switch board .. I think she may have been trying to guide the parent to someone that could answer her questions with more knowledge. My daughter has attended MRCS for 2 years now and could not be happier anywhere else. I love the fact that the CEO runs his school like a business with special interest in "customer satisfaction" As a parent it is reassuring to know my child's needs will be met and not overlooked as they might in a public school setting. As far as the Building Manager, I think he is wonderful at his job. Any time I've gone to the school he has always been busy. The school has a great flow and I think that speaks to the building manager's work ethic. All in all I say this school has a family oriented atmosphere that eases my child's day.

Montessori Regional Cs
2910 Sterrettania Rd, Erie, PA  16506
Last modified Montessori Regional Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Regional Cs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top