Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I currently have two children at MRCS. One will be starting 5th and the other starting 3rd. We love this school. The fact that children can excel and be challenged on a day to day basis according to their capability amazes me. When my son struggled with reading I was made aware and he got help instantly from a tutor. When he got back on grade level they kept the tutor and he continued to excel with reading. I feel my children are in a safe environment. The building is well protected. Not letting just anyone through the schools doors! We have loved every teacher thus far. Keep up the great work MRCS!

The administration is focused on growing the student body to expand the charter. In doing so, the academic and emotional needs of the current students are being disregarded. Bullying is a major issue this current year. The parents are discouraged to speak to one another, in what appears to be, an attempt to prevent a strong demand of action for the emotional well being of the students being harmed. When a parent attempts to get help from administration, they are told the parent, or student is a liar, with no attempt to resolve any issue. Most of the teachers are wonderful. However, there are a select number that spend their time displaying social media sites to students during work time. It's a shame, it never used to be such a toxic environment.

My child was academically strong but young and very immature as a kindergartner. I appreciated the administration's efforts to communicate with home. My child threw a bit of a fit one day with a new teacher and we had an excellent outcome with the "Peace room" and a productive meeting with administration. They had resources available, including classes for parents, to help there be a consistent message at home. The teachers take a very personal interest in the students, echoing the other reviews on here. My child has been challenged with books well beyond grade level and has excelled, math has not come as easily at home or school but they continue to find ways to engage the student there as well. The science and specials are exceptional. I can't wait to see how 7 years of Latin affects the verbal SAT scores in a few years, as well as building a foundation to learn any of the "Romance Languages".

I am a former student of MRCS who is now in high school. I went to the school from when I was in kindergarten, all the way to when I "graduated" at the end of 6th grade. I had the best times of my life at this school. The teachers were absolutely fantastic and the best I've ever had. I learned so much in MRCS and made many of the friends I made there are still my best friends today, even if we don't go to the same school anymore. The only reason I didn't give a five star rating (which it should deserve) is the CEO and administration. The current CEO has been getting rid of the Montessori philosophy and he is having a counterproductive effect on the the school. I attended the school before the current CEO arrived and I can certainly say it was a lot better then, then it is now.

Keep up the good work!! We have 4 children at MRCS and can not say enough positive things about the school and staff!!

There is a perfect combination of education and life skills being taught to my children at Montessori Regional School. The intimate classroom structure insures that all children are able to receive any one on one time they may need during a lesson. Traditionally speaking, children do not enjoy waking up early and heading to school. This is not the case at MRCS. My children and their peers look forward to their days in school and they are growing into intelligent, independent, and inquisitive children!

Montessori is a wonderful education. The teachers and office staff promote open communication. In the 2013/2014 school year MRCS was the highest ranking school overall in the Erie area.

I disagree with the previous parents comment on MRCS staff being to strict wih rules. In my experience they are to lax on bullying. My child constantly has problems with troubled behavioral children who don't know how to keep there hands to themselves. Like the previous comment I agree free in erie is not for us. I blame it on the parents not the faculty. The faculty is wonderfull. This school has a couple more steps you have to go through above and beyond a regular public school. However it's not enough, I think if there was even a 200$ fee to apply it would weed out the individuals who just want in because its free and whom take advantage of anything with the word free in it. I am all For equal opportunity for children.But if the parents dont work with their children, the school cannot do it all. Very nice teachers and faculty a+ to them.

The CEO needs to be replaced. He is arrogant and refused to listen to me when I had an issue. He told me I was wasting his time. The lady directly under him (I forget what her title was) is amazing! She sat down with me answered my question and helped me tremendously. My son has done well in the school. They are very rigid with their rules and most of the staff seems to lack compassion. I will not be sending my son back and will find another school for my children.

My children attend this school and we are weighing whether to break it to them before the first day back that the animals in the classroom will not be there this year. The principal/CEO has eliminated them this year, thinking once again of business and money decisions first. Animals (birds, hamsters, ducklings, etc.) were just one of the hands-on learning experiences for the kids. However slowly but surely, year-by-year, another Montessori method gets thrown out the window under this CEO. Also, in the last couple of years, parents have been left out of most all communication from the administration about what's going on with our kids (unless you need to make a lunch order or the CEO wants you to send in money for something else, of course). We've been treating like we are a nuisance to the school. That's not Montessori, in which community and coming together is encouraged. I feel for previous parents' comments with the staff, as I have had similar experiences that have been no or low information, or stand-off-ish with office, nurse and others. This excludes the teachers, who carry the weight of the school. They have been great, but can only do what they are told.

Last modified Montessori Regional Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.