No rating

The Pen Ryn School

Private | PK-8 | 240 students

Living in Fairless Hills

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $189,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Posted July 8, 2014

My son started at Pen Ryn in kindergarten and is now in fourth grade. One thing that has always stuck out to me about Pen Ryn is their ability to stay up to date with technology. My son raves about the smart boards and he loves playing with the iPads. It's great because not only does he enjoy working with these devices, but he's enjoying learning - which I could not be happier about. He's receiving a high level education and having fun at the same time.

Posted June 9, 2014

The school seems to be going downhill something awful and people are noticing. Such a shame! Most of the experienced teachers are gone and were replaced with cheap teachers . Some of the teachers need major attitude adjustments, but the leaders do nothing. The academics are nothing special whatsoever. The administration seems to be a lot of spin and politics rather than really caring about the school and the education of young children. Save your money. (Some of these great reviews must be fake or from people with preschoolers who haven't seem the poor quality awaiting them in older grades.)

Posted May 15, 2014

I cannot recommend Pen Ryn highly enough. This school has amazing teachers and parents. If your kids are in the gifted range, this school will teach them above grade level materials. Due to job relocation, we will transfer our kids out to a well known Princeton area private school. My kids did great on admissions testing and were accepted right away. ( Pen Ryn has a very strong PK program)

Posted September 11, 2013

I have recommend The Pen Ryn School to friends telling them that I went there and received a great education and that the school gave me that family feeling. I am now sending my son there and the same quality education and family feel still remain at the school.

Posted May 6, 2013

My kids love it here! They are so happy and are making very good friends. I love the after school events they have--it's helping them create great socialization and hand-eye coordination.

Posted January 16, 2013

The staff are some of the most caring and hands-on professionals that I have ever met! They give each child the personal attention that each one needs to excel. I also really like the fact that since the class sizes are so small they are required to participate and remain involved with the discussion.

Posted October 6, 2011

Great school! This is our 4th year as parents there and we could not be happier. Initially evaluated most local private schools and found Pen Ryn to be well above others in academics, etc.; yet well below most in tuition cost. Kids are nurtured to develop strong morals and great self-confidence, in addition to their academic development. Just walk the halls to see evidence in the well-mannered and happy students. Parent involvement is expected, so if you don't want to be a part of your child's education, this may not be the school for you.

Posted September 30, 2011

Small class sizes, great use of technology, teachers that care, and a challenging curriculum is why I send my daughter to Pen Ryn. I like this private school over any other around because I really feel like there is a family-like feeling to this school, and they really push the kids to learn. It's a great environment for the kids to learn in. - Ann Marie

Posted May 11, 2011

The Pen Ryn school really raises the bar with their use of modern technologies in the classroom. They're on the leading edge with smart boards and newly added surrounded sound where teachers can wear a microphone so everyone of the students can hear them better. Great private school! - Michael

Posted September 10, 2010

I have never worked with a more dedicated group of faculty; the extra time and energy they expend make an enormous difference. They care about the success of every student.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 7, 2010

My husband and I transferred our son to Pen Ryn two years ago. We couldn't be happier: The faculty and staff are caring. The material is challenging. Walk into this school and you'll find it feels like home.

Posted September 5, 2010

I am a parent of 2 children. They are now alumni and the biggest asset they received from Pen RYn was confidence. They graduated from high and school and now college. They had so much confidence and that came from the superb faculty and size of the school and classes (16). They learned great study skills. Go see Pen Ryn it is the best in Bucks County.

Posted August 27, 2010

Both children graduated from Pen Ryn in the 1990's. Had a great expirence for both children and parents.

Posted August 17, 2010

Pen Ryn has been a wonderful experience for our daughter. She is entering her third year there. We admire the academics and the stimulating environment, but have valued almost more is the growth in confidence that she has gained. There are enrichment classes as well as support services for kids with challenges. The administration is very proactive if any behavioral situation comes up and addresses it immediately and thoroughly. Because families contribute manditory volunteer time, there is a closeknit community that supports the children. We're proud to be part of the Pen Ryn family.

Posted May 3, 2010

My daughter is finishing her 4th year at Pen Ryn and we look forward to 5 more years at the school. Her teachers have all been terrific and work tirelessly to teach each child as they learn. Beyond academics, the lessons of life, family, friends, and community are priceless. This is a safe, nurturing atmosphere where everyone encourages each child to me all they can be. A great choice for any child who wants to stand out in a crowd!

Posted April 20, 2010

My childs teaacher is great. In my opinion, the administration has much to be desired. Not very friendly if you are not involved as much as other parents. Rudeness is what i have experienced. For a private school, it doesn't meet the grade.

Posted February 18, 2008

The lower grades are great. The upper grades have been through a lot of transition, and there's yet another new headmistress. Overall a good school with a pleasant staff. Very warm and friendly; no attitudes from staff or other families. Not sure if we'll stay beyond the elementary school years. Not sure the tuition will be worth the education. Overall test scores are not being published, lending credibility to the rumor that Pen Ryn does not necessarily provide a better education than the local public schools. Class sizes are small, and that is perhaps the best reason to send your child to Pen Ryn.

Posted April 12, 2006

I am a former student of this school. It has a very good discipline policy. Although I do have a problem with there math curriculum. When I moved on to a different school I was behind. Overall Pen Ryn is a good school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 2, 2005

My children have been at PR for 5 years now and we have been more than pleased with the academics here. The entire school has a wonderful display of family and good values. The discipline is right on board with how we raise our children at home. Just walking into the school you feel the presence of familiarity even if it's your first time at PR. Parents are required to volunteer but most of us give way more hours than necessary simply because it is our home away from home. We know the children by name and the personal attention given is extraordinary! There is no school public or private that can measure to the all around atmosphere of The Pen Ryn School and the 'Spirit' within! Go Blue! Go Gold!

Posted April 11, 2005

This school offers small class rooms, caring teachers and a nuturing environment. 'Specials' include art ,music, computers, Spanish, gym, health and library. They also have Interscholastic sports where team spirit and sportsmanship are emphasised. A wonderful extened day care program for all of us working parents! A strong and hard working PTO that is committed to enriching all students school experience. A mandatory donation of 25 hours of volunteer time is required per family each school year. This offers parents a perfect way to stay involved in your childrens life and the school. The school has a Behavior Code which teaches respect for others and yourself. I highly recommend this special little private school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAEYC

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

235 South Olds Boulevard