No rating

Children's House of Bucks County

Private | PK-5 | 84 students

Living in Fairless Hills

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $189,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Posted June 26, 2013

My daughter has been a studenct at Children's House of Bucks County for 4 years. We LOVE this school. The teachers are wonderful, attentive and caring. They continually worked to create a warm and inviting environment that challenged my daughter daily. This past year my daughter was enrolled in the schools full day Kindergarten program and I was very impressed with the curriculum. Her math and reading skills are beyond my expectation and she even put together a research project on Panda Bears using different text books. The school follows a montessori curriculum which encourages the children to be independent thinkers and helps to build their confidence. They also learn from older peers who act as role models for the younger children and then they become the role models themselves as they get older. My daughter was always excited to go to school and I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 18, 2013

My son has been attending the Children's House of Bucks County for the past year (he began at age 3). Before signing him up, I visited a number of area schools and was struck by the quiet concentration, challenging activities, and supported independence of the students at CHBC as compared with other preschools. I wanted a positive first academic experience for my son and could not be more pleased. The teachers are outstanding, the mixed-age classrooms provide excellent socialization, the classroom is stimulating and inviting, and the learning materials provide a rich and varied intellectual experience. I have re-enrolled my son for next year and plan to enroll my younger child when he is old enough.

Posted June 16, 2013

Wonderful school. The Montessori concepts are followed very well. Amazing curriculum, amazing teachers. Highly recommended.

Posted June 13, 2013

Children's House will surpass your expectations of a school for you child. It is a certified non-profit Montessori school that is staffed with well educated/experienced teachers. It is a family environment where parent involvement is encouraged. I could not be happier with my son's development. He will be starting full-day kindergarten in the fall and it is all he can talk about. He is so excited for all the kindergarten activities and programs. I am excited for him to continue his education! I also attended CHBC and I remember how ahead of the other kids I was when I attended first grade.

Posted June 13, 2013

Our daughter has been attending from age four - five years now. We have checked out other schools and put her in one for a semester but nothing beats this school for us. The teachers are dedicated, she gets tons of individual attention and her learning is very advanced - no comparison with a public school education. No bullying, no BS.

Posted July 17, 2011

This school gives young children the love of learning. This school is a certified Montessori program (AMS), accept no imitations! Montessori done right works very well. CHBC offers a wonderful program, flexible choices for school programs for a full time parent to ease into a school program, or for working parents. The teachers (Directresses/assistants) are VERY good and are strong educators, committed to ensuring the children are able to learn at their own pace, and stay engaged in the learning process, never bored or overwhelmed. A slow learner will get a great foundation, a fast learner will excel and be very advanced coming from this school's programs. A key benefit to this school is they offer a full-day kindergarten program. There is nothing more important for your child's future than having a great early education...if you can't do it yourself, this is the next best thing.

Posted March 7, 2009

My son has attended since he was in preschool and we love it! This is a great school and a great way to learn for any child. Each child in a class learns at their own pace. Just like when we are babies, some learn how to walk sooner and some learn how to talk sooner but in the end we all learn how to do these things. Children should be able to excel in the things they enjoy and take a little more time with the things they struggle with. Not all children can learn everything at the same pace. The teachers are patient, caring and wonderful. I can't say enough about it.

Posted March 28, 2007

Both of my sons started their education at CHBC and I am extremely pleased that my husband and I made that decision. The foundation that they received at CHBC was phenomenal. The teachers are great and extremely skilled. My sons have a sincere joy for learning. They were reading at three and adding to 1000 at four. The boys learned botany, zoology, cooking, sewing, geography, and interesting subjects that most children their ages do not learn and don't enjoy learning it when they do. My sons learned it learned it and could not get enough of it.

Posted January 10, 2007

I absolutely love this school. It is a non-profit Montessori school for Toddlers-Elementary. My son has attended since he was in preschool, he is now in 1st grade. The program is fabulous, I can't say enough about it. Their music program is great. The children regularly put on concerts for the parents, staff and other children. The art program has been added to [the internet] where the children can display their masterpieces. They have many events for the children and families of the school. The parents volunteer at the school to get more involved with the day to day activities at the school. The school is more like a family. It is a great experience for parent and child. Every parent has a say in what goes on at the school. They really make you feel that your opinion counts. My family loves it.

Posted November 18, 2005

The most incredible thing about this school is how they teach each child at their own level and pace. Each child gets an individualized education, regardless of whether they are a bit behind and learn more slowly, are gifted and therefore ahead and learn quickly, or anywhere in between. Also, the respect the directresses (Montessori for teachers) show for the children is very different from what you see at public and other private schools. This respect for others is also instilled in the children, resulting in a classroom that is amazingly calm and productive. The children are also much happier than what you see at other schools.

Posted March 21, 2005

This has been a wonderful school for my son. After visiting other schools to prepare for a recent move I am even more impressed by the quality of the program and what they have done for my son. Because of ADHD he needs to be challenged in order to pay attention. Boredom is the end for him. They keep him engaged and learning. He is over grade limit in everything and wants to learn.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 12% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • AMS
  • NAEYC
Fax number
  • (215) 946-3088

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Computer lab
  • Library

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code

Apply now