Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Staff are very relaxed, no structure not enough one on one time.The staff lack that personalized treatment that every child needs there can't be universal For everyone, in my opinion They need a better trained team.

I lived at Carson from march 1975-June 1975 or 15 months total. It was the best experience of my life. At 15 my parents threw me away. They couldn't handle me so they had me declared incorrigable and away I went. I was treated very well by the Upper Beach staff and recieved life skills for getting along with people and taking responsibility for my action with compassion and love. 1975 was awhile ago but this experience had a huge impact on my life for a very long time. I am 54 now but i can still feel the person who was treated fairly and with respect. It reinforced dignity and a sence of fairness which i know are values everyone needs.

My child attended Carson Valley and unfortunately we were quite disapointed. There were some caring staff however overall it was a GLORIFIED Daycare. There did not seem to be a basic understanding of classroom management, positive reinforcement, verbal praise, transitional cues, prompting etc. Modeling positive behavior and checking in during free play was rarely apparent. The classrooms were poorly supplied and quite noisy and unorganized. Overall- there was a lack of basic early education techniques and it did not feel like a positive environment. After visiting many of the local schools it was drastically apparent how far behind Carson Valley is in providing care for preschool age children.

Last modified Carson Valley School is a Private school