9-12 & Ungraded
Folsom, PA
Students enrolled: 2,061

Ridley High School 4

Posted July 01, 2010
I graduated from Ridley High in 2007. I enjoyed my time at Ridley because of the amount of electives, activities, groups, clubs, etc.. that Ridley has to offer. As I've gone back to Ridley through the years to volunteer at events, I have noticed something that I never did while in school there. Teachers are completely on the students side, and yet many don't take advantage. All teachers want students to succeed, and especially at Ridley. If the student doesn't want to learn or succeed, it is hard for the teacher to reach out to them. About the students, there is such a variety of home situations and back rounds. I would say that Ridley is a typical high school for middle class families, but because of the variety at Ridley, is more then typical. Some things are really great, some things bad, and continue to worsen, as society does.

Posted November 04, 2009
Incredible in all aspects. From the building to the teachers the academics the athletes in all sports, the dedication from students and parents from current to alumni. This school and its community is AMAZING!

Posted July 27, 2009
This is an excellent district. My daughter has gone here for over a year and the curriculum is challenging(for an AP student), the teachers are friendly and knowledgeable, and everything is accessible via the web and communicated to the parents very well and efficiently. There are so many good things to say about Ridley, especially compared to the other districts we lived in. This is a really great town and an excellent school district.

Ridley High School 1

Posted May 17, 2009
As a parent of a child who goes to Ridley i can honestly say i don't know who principal is.The teachers show no respect to students and do not create a healthy learning environment.The school is truly no place where a student should be tought.

Posted October 01, 2008
This school constantly makes strides to keep up with current cirriculum and instructional methods. The facilities are amazing and the academic programs are challenging. It'll be interesting to see the PSSA results for 2008. As an educator and a parent, I highly recommend this school

Posted September 19, 2008
this is a wonderful new school with the latest technology, swimming pool and central air. it is very spacious and appealing. the teachers are quite professional and accommodating.

Posted March 17, 2007
I love this school because it has help me through everything I have need them to help me with. Great administration, great students, and amazing athletics.

Posted February 24, 2006
I am currently a student at Ridley. Sometimes I go onto this site to see what parents think of my school. Some are right, and some are wrong. Some parents think that the school does not help students out if they need it, and that is not true. My mother and me have started having meetings with the guidence department almost weekly. This is so that my mother can see what is going on, and so the school can begin to understand my personal home situation. This helps me and my teachers to understand eachother and our problems better. They are teachers, we are students, but we are all human. My school is great, and the staff does all they can to help us. I used to think much different, and i made my parents think different as well. If your student leads you to belive differntly, they are lying!

Ridley High School 1

Posted January 13, 2006
The quality of the academic programs are very dubious at best. I have sent my children to a Catholic High School, a private high school and now my youngest attends Ridley High School. While on the surface the administration and teachers seem to care about the quality of the education provided in reality it is not true. Unfortunately the high school follows the 'sterotypical' expecation of our public school systems. Just move the kid along. If he/she doesn't get it then it must be their fault. It is a disgrace and shame. They built this $56 million facility and it does offer excellent facilities for the kids. Whikle they pretend to want parental involvement they do not want honest feedback - both positive and negative - for contructive, positive growth. They have their adgenda set and it does not change regardless of their obvious failings. After 3 semesters - will explore other options.

Posted December 07, 2005
I attended Ridley High School. This school was a great educational system to work through. They have a wide variety of things for student to do in after school activities. IE All big sports, Great Band and Music Program, Award winning Plays and Yearbook publishments, Student Goverment. The teachers are very nice and approachable. The school district does a great job of hiring teachers that truly care about the students. Plus it is a brand new school with brand new technology everywhere. Laser printers in all the rooms. Wireless labs with notebook computers and state of the art faclities for every other type of teaching program that Ridley offers. They have a school uniform policy which they are still new at controling what can be acceptable and what is not. They lack the abilty to control that, but that is not bad considering the other great things Ridley can Offer!

901 Morton Ave, Folsom, PA  19033
Last modified Ridley High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top