PK-12 & Ungraded
Galeton, PA

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 09, 2015
I am pleased that there have been and are currently several new teachers being hired - I am optimistic that they will be very effective.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 09, 2015
I believe public schools in general give too much homework today. I also believe that there needs to be a better school standard that is upheld by every teacher.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted July 09, 2015
I believe this is an area that needs more attention. I believe we could do better at cultivating and atmosphere of mutual respect. I also believe, too often, we must first "unteach" what has been learned at home.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 09, 2015
I believe it is a new day at GASD and that this policy is now in place.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 09, 2015
By not showing partiality. By setting the example that one is innocent until proven guilty. By teaching a person is more than the mistakes that they make.

Galeton Area School 4

Posted July 09, 2015
I have experience with GASD from every angle. I attended the school as a student, moved back and sent my own children there, volunteered as a parent, worked as an educator, and contributed as a School Board member. Having lived all over the world I can honestly say, GASD is neither the best nor the worst. But, currently there is a new administration that has made more positive change than we have seen in a decade or more. From the graduates of Galeton Area School District we have politicians, musicians, engineers, nurses, teachers, business owners - to name a few - several of whom earn over $100K a year. The questions to ask are - how do you define success? And what are the parents and students, as well as the faculty and administration doing to contribute - not just to their own success, but to that of the entire school and ultimately the community?

Posted May 20, 2015
This is school had nothing going for me other than sports when I attended school there. The actual academics were horrible with the exception of a few high school teachers I had who really challenged me to do better.

Posted January 11, 2013
Moved to area in 2012 where my son began 3rd grade as an average student academically. The average has declined to below average now and nobody seems to care. We will be moving to ensure he has a better education. Not a good school at all!

Posted October 28, 2011
this school does not prepair kids for the real world. The Teachers are often harsh twards the student body, and they don't care if the students are learning or not. I left Galeton after 11th grade and it was the best decission I ever made. I graduated from 21st Century Cyber Chater School, then Penn State Bubois with a AS degree in Wildlife Technology, and finally, I graduated from Penn State University with a BS degree in Fisheries Science. Yes I attended Galeton, but it was not the end of the world because now I am a Biologist. If you want to send your kids to Galeton, DON'T, and if you already have your kids in Galeton, REMOVE THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Most of my classmates that "graduated" are either still in Galeton, or in the millitary. Enough said.

Galeton Area School 4

Posted May 10, 2011
We moved to this school district 5 years ago and what we can say in regards to the school is that it is a small district, the student teacher ratio most times is under 20. Lots of good things happen at this school. They offer a full day pre-K program, this gives children a huge jump start.. Also most kids participate in almost every sport and school activity. Size of the school does not dictate the quality of the education provided. Children must apply themselves and parents must also be engaged, teachers alone can not be held responsible to bear this entire burden. This is a town where the phrase" it takes a village to raise a child still happens."

25 Bridge St, Galeton, PA  16922
Last modified Galeton Area School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galeton Area School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top