PK-12 & Ungraded
Galeton, PA

Posted January 11, 2013
Moved to area in 2012 where my son began 3rd grade as an average student academically. The average has declined to below average now and nobody seems to care. We will be moving to ensure he has a better education. Not a good school at all!

Posted October 28, 2011
this school does not prepair kids for the real world. The Teachers are often harsh twards the student body, and they don't care if the students are learning or not. I left Galeton after 11th grade and it was the best decission I ever made. I graduated from 21st Century Cyber Chater School, then Penn State Bubois with a AS degree in Wildlife Technology, and finally, I graduated from Penn State University with a BS degree in Fisheries Science. Yes I attended Galeton, but it was not the end of the world because now I am a Biologist. If you want to send your kids to Galeton, DON'T, and if you already have your kids in Galeton, REMOVE THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Most of my classmates that "graduated" are either still in Galeton, or in the millitary. Enough said.

Galeton Area School 4

Posted May 10, 2011
We moved to this school district 5 years ago and what we can say in regards to the school is that it is a small district, the student teacher ratio most times is under 20. Lots of good things happen at this school. They offer a full day pre-K program, this gives children a huge jump start.. Also most kids participate in almost every sport and school activity. Size of the school does not dictate the quality of the education provided. Children must apply themselves and parents must also be engaged, teachers alone can not be held responsible to bear this entire burden. This is a town where the phrase" it takes a village to raise a child still happens."

Galeton Area School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
As I look back at my life, I realize how much I used to blame others for my short comings. I blamed my parents, my school, my town, etc. Now that I am older, I realize that I have to take responsibility for myself. What did GHS teach me...It taught me whatever I opened up my mind to accept. I learned public speaking from Mr. Lounsberry which has served me well through out my years. I learned an appreciation for World Cultures from Mr. Thompson (as I sit here in France writing this review). If we look for the good, we will find it and can use it in our success. If we only see bad, then we are defeated.

Galeton Area School 4

Posted October 20, 2008

Posted September 17, 2008

Galeton Area School 0

Posted August 13, 2008
I graduated galeton area school, and had to join the army thats how un prepared i was. it is a crappy town, and school, teachers cant teach, and students dont care, sports well, its your choice, soccer or basketball, no pool, no track, no extra things for students to be involved in. Its no good and probably is the worse schools for your children, come on now you tell me i joined the army, was i ready for like after galeton.. HELL no !!

Galeton Area School 5

Posted October 08, 2007

Posted May 19, 2007
- a former student
When I graduated from Galeton Area School District I was totally unprepared for my future. The academics are horrible. I would never send my child there.

Galeton Area School 3

Posted January 23, 2006

Galeton Area School
25 Bridge St, Galeton, PA  16922
Last modified Galeton Area School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galeton Area School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top