Gladwyne, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 03, 2014
I am an alumnus of this school. I have fond memories of the values this institution instilled at an early age. I believe the montessori method, as it is effectively employed here, teaches critical thinking, passionate curiosity, and strong values. I'm grateful for the time I spent here and would definitely send my children here if I still lived in the area. Furthermore, the impression, and the benefits are truly enduring. Indeed, I can still remember the dedicated teachers who cared deeply about me and pushed me to do my best.

Posted November 13, 2013
I read some of the below reviews and am very surprised. I have had 2 children go thru Gladwyne Montessori. My children are now independent, curious, successful students - I attribute a lot of this to the GMS culture. We love the community. It is a safe nurturing environment that has fostered a true love of knowledge in my children.

Posted November 12, 2013
All three of our daughters attended GMS. We found the personal attention and individual approach that a Montessori educations offers provided an excellent foundation for our girls. All three learned how to be self motivated and developed a joy in learning. They moved on to very competitive schools and a re doing well. I think the ability to self motivate that they developed at GMS has been a great advantage for them and will continue to be.

Posted November 11, 2013
Sending our Son to Gladwyne Montessori is the best decision we have made as parents, hands down!!! I encourage you to visit in person and see how engaged the students are, it will blow you away. It is remarkable that a classroom full of three, four and five year olds are so passionate about their work, helping each other along the way and not creating chaos like other schools we visited. There are a lot of misconceptions about Montessori education and in reality it is the future of how we should educate our children. My son is curious, engaged, passionate and HAPPY, all because of Gladwyne Montessori .The teachers are remarkable men and women who keep my child safe, teach him about the world and encourage him to explore what HE is interested in, rather than what s going to be on the test. There is also a very comforting sense of community within the school, without that Main Line snob factor that you have to deal with at other schools. The teachers and staff are accessible, friendly and incredibly passionate about teaching and their classrooms. Just visit and see for yourself why this place is so special ..take my word for it!!!

Posted November 11, 2013
Gladwyne Montessori is a wonderful learning community. Exceptional staff and teachers that teach and nurture their students

The Gladwyne Montessori School 1

Posted November 10, 2013
Busybodies. They get involved in aspects of your life that are nonnegotiable of their business.their teachers are not certified and they are very judgmental. I inquired about a bus to pick my daughter up for school...never got back to me!!! Sending my daughter there is the biggest regret of my life. Don't make the same mistake.

Posted October 26, 2013
This school is a Gem - creates a joy of learning, a passion for curiosity, peacemakers and "out-of-the-box" thinkers. Most children are way ahead in subjects, plus they love school! I had little understanding of Montessori in the beginning.... now realizing it's the most hands-on/effective way to learn key life and academic skills. GMS' individualized, highly-integrative and multi-age environment is really the key and they have been executing this "21st Century" style of education for over 50 years. Plus, the teachers are really amazing and so caring, encouraging you to join the school's "family". Wish we hadn't succumbed to the Main Line attitude/brain washing that entering a bigger/elite school earlier was better.... absolutely not true.... plenty of time for these competitive social, academics & athletic cultures when your child is psychologically ready/matured. Plus, our kids almost always get their first choices on schools when moving on. It's no secret our students go on to great academic, leadership and athletic achievements in high school....its the GMS fingerprint.

Posted October 22, 2013
Gladwyne Montessori is one of a kind along the Main Line of Philadelphia for elementary school.

Posted October 20, 2013
I am so pleased that we chose Gladwyne Montessori School for our 2 children when they were toddlers - both have now graduated, one in college, the other independent high school. GMS enriched their lives with a sense of self-confidence & the gift of independent thinking - both have a love-for-learning and a respect-for-community that's propelling them forward as young adults. GMS retains outstanding faculty who are leaders in education - they in turn attract & nurture outstanding students.

Posted October 18, 2013
The Gladwyne Montessori School is a creative, adaptable and flexible school that has helped my children grow in learning, nature and spirit. And in that, it is preparing them for a constantly changing world.

The Gladwyne Montessori School
920 Youngsford Rd, Gladwyne, PA  19035
Last modified The Gladwyne Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Gladwyne Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top