Posted June 02, 2014
Early education is something that you can't do over, and Montessori Centre Academy are experts with experience and science behind their methodology. My child receives a personalized educational experience, but not just on academics. They focus on the whole child, which is a Montessori staple, however not all Montessori's are created equal. The teachers take each child's needs and tailor make their curriculum to strengthen their weaknesses and create learning scenarios to challenge even the gifted students. One thing I will say, if you are wanting an 'institution' style school, this isn't for you. The school is an old farm house, and is somewhat dated.

Posted December 27, 2013
MCA is the kind of school all children should get to attend. The outstanding teachers foster intellectual and personal growth in each child; my child is learning division and multiplication in first grade and thinks it's great fun! The student body is diverse, and cultural differences are fully accepted and genuinely celebrated here. Best of all, from my perspective, is that MCA is a place where kids can be children as long as possible. Bullying is never tolerated or excused, so the kids are kind and encouraging to each other. The school fosters and supports students' individuality, creativity, and imaginative spirit, all while teaching a highly advanced curriculum in a low-pressure, self-directed environment. Although I was initially turned off by the shabby appearance of some parts of the school, the quality of my child's education there has revealed how shallow and meaningless those first impressions were. Plenty of schools are picture-perfect palaces of mediocrity; MCA delivers what really counts in a child's life. I know my child is getting the best start possible at this fantastic school.

Posted July 25, 2013
This is an excellent school for our two children. The lessons are advanced and the students learn without undue pressure. I agree with the previous review wholeheartedly!

Posted August 04, 2010
I did not know what a good thing we had until we had to move out of state. My children were reading chapter books and doing multiplication, squares and cubes by kindergarten. By 3rd grade my eldest was diagramming sentences and doing complex mutli-step algebraic equations. None of this through my hard work or them feeling pushed or pressured. The montessori curriculum, the 3 year student/teacher relationship, the amazing teachers, and the multi-age classrooms were instrumental. My kids tested into the gifted program at their new public school, and although I think they are smart, I would not consider them truly "gifted". What they got from MCA was an excellent foundation of knowledge and learning skills. My youngest went to the local montessori here and is nowhere near the level my older 2 were at MCA at the same age. MCA is well worth the investment, especially through the elementary grades.

Montessori Center Academy 1

Posted April 07, 2009

Posted April 28, 2008

Montessori Center Academy
1014 Wm Flynn Hwy, Glenshaw, PA  15116
Last modified Montessori Center Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori Center Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top