Greensburg, PA

Posted April 16, 2008
Greensburg Salem offers an amazing education. As a GIEP student, I provided with amazing class choices. But just because I am in the gifted program does not make me different. Every student in Greesburg Salem receives an amazing education from our schools.

Greensburg-Salem High School

Posted September 27, 2007
this school is a good place to communicate and have friends.Also good education and nice teacher.

Posted September 27, 2006
I usted to attend greensburg salem and I would have to say that I loved going there. There was great parental involvment and the teachers were friendly. There is also a large amount of school pride.... The football team is awesome.

Posted August 07, 2006
I am a recent alumn of GS and I have to say, there is no other high school I would've attended. Student invovlement, in my opinion, was amazing--if a student wasn't on a team or in a show, chances were, he was sitting in the stands or audience, cheering his classmates on. The only problem I had was with scheduling. It was difficult to be involved in AP classes and electives connected to extracurriculars. But, the teachers were more than willing to accomodate in any way they could. I loved GS.

Posted May 03, 2006
Very good schooling and good extracuricular envolvement. High scoring on PSSA and IOWA tests and good teachers.

Greensburg-Salem High School 4

Posted April 08, 2006
Good programs, nice environment, plenty of extracurricular activities, parents not exceptionally involved.

Greensburg-Salem High School 3

Posted October 24, 2005
This school offers a variety of courses and the majority of teachers show a personal interest in the students. Extra curriculum is offered and encouraged and the school is always well represented at local and state levels. Parents are encouraged to support and be involved in thier child's school work and counselors and staff are available for conferences upon request.The school is also well represented when it comes to sports and the arts. The football and basketball teams are well represented as well as their debate team. Music is also a major part of this schools curriculum. Compared to the other schools located in Westmoreland, Greensburg holds it's own and then some.

Greensburg-Salem High School 3

Posted June 23, 2005
The academic programs are good. Extracurricular activities are widely available. The level of parent involvement is at a good level.

Greensburg-Salem High School 4

Posted February 11, 2005
I attended Greensburg Salem from kindergarden to graduation. The teachers are wonderful, the students friendly. The only problem I have seen with the school is its lack of concern for the graduating classes. As a senior I watched many intelligent people drop out of school due for various reasons concerning credits. Again, I watch someone dear to me finish out his senior year with enough credits to graduate yet he will not be able to attend his graduation because of a failed history course from his freshman year. I do not feel that the administration does enough to help students, to encourage them, to push them towards graduation.

Posted October 06, 2004
As a student at greesnsburg Salem, I think that this is an excelent school. The teachers are kind, The students are smart, the foot bal team is the best( to me. Go GS Lions.

Greensburg-Salem High School
65 Mennel Dr, Greensburg, PA  15601
Last modified Greensburg-Salem High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greensburg-Salem High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top