K-5 & Ungraded
Greensburg, PA

Posted November 03, 2014
The teachers at this school work very hard. With all the changes in curriculum, they work hard to make sure no student is left behind.

Amos K Hutchinson El School 1

Posted September 05, 2014
This school has gone downhill quickly while my children have attended. We finally resorted to pulling one of our children from the school due to pervasive bullying. We witnessed it on several occasions, reporting it many times. The school administration dismisses it and fails to take action unless complaints are escalated to the superintendent. Horrible atmosphere for learning. No child should be in fear for their safety on a daily basis. It is no wonder that test scores have plummeted over the past couple years. This school was a 9/10 until they replaced the entire administrative team. It is now a 5/10 and is hardly worthy of that, in my opinion.

Posted June 23, 2014
The school is clean & orderly. The teachers are very intune with the students. I am not wild about the report grading system as it does not show what the child is doing in class. I think the old grading system of ABCDF was much easier to understand.

Posted September 14, 2011
My daughter is a second grader there, I personally love her teacher this year and last! I look forward to sending my youngest child there also!

Posted March 16, 2009

Posted July 20, 2008
As a parent of a student that attended Hutchinson from K-5th grade, I cannot Thank this school enough for the outstanding education they have provided for my child. Mr. Mansfield and the teachers at this school provide one of the finest educations that can be offered to our children. Thank you again. Ken and Diane B.

Posted May 29, 2008

Amos K Hutchinson El School 0

Posted December 02, 2007
I was a student at Hutchinson and I loved it. The principal is great and the teachers are wonderful. I hope to be a teacher their very soon.

Posted April 11, 2006
Hutchinson is a school that is really focused on the academic success of its students. The PTA really provides so many wonderful things for the children. The principals are friendly, visable, and approachable. The teachers are all knowledgable and encourage parents to be active in their children's education. They also offer many programs for exceptional learners. The building is very safe and clean. They are also building a new playground for the children this year. The VIP (voluteers in partnership) program gets the community involved in the school by helping out wherever needed. I personally like Hutchison and feel good about sending my children there.

Posted August 08, 2005
I had a very postive first year at Hutchinson with my daughter in kindergarten. I think that the school's principal is a wonderful man who really cares about the students. He is always present at events and available for parents and students to talk to. The teachers are great and the curiculum is very good. The school offers many opportunities for parental involvment and also encourages it. The school has a great art show and science show every year. The PTA is very active and offers many fun things for the students. I was aprehensive of public school education since I attended private schools as a child, but Hutchinson has been very good at alievating my fears and misconceptions about public education. I'm glad my daughter gets up everyday excited to go to her school.

Amos K Hutchinson El School
810 Welty St, Greensburg, PA  15601
Last modified Amos K Hutchinson El School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amos K Hutchinson El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top