Greensburg, PA
Students enrolled: 1,939

Hempfield Area Senior High School 2

Posted February 13, 2014
Hempfield Area Senior Highschool is the worst school. I was bullied there by football players and they never got in trouble. They ruined my highschool for me and I was held back for no reason. They teachers are awful. Do not go to this school!

Hempfield Area Senior High School 5

Posted December 09, 2013
Hempfield High School is a great school! I just read a lot of the reviews and I will be honest, I do agree with both the positive and negative comments. The teachers are truely amazing. They honestly do everything they can to prepare us for college. I can't tell you how many times my teachers stand there and telll us about things they did in college and give us assignments that prepare us for what they went through. There are a wide variety of activities and clubs. There is something for everyone. If you can't find something, then you haven't tried or looked hard enough. Yes, we do have some bad kids in our school but you really can't blame the school for that. Last time I checked, it wasn't the school raising the kids and doing all of their decision making. Our faculty and peers do they best they can to try and keep us from making bad life decisions and do as much as they can to help us. We have drug awareness assemblys more than twice a year and there are teen issue seminars offered to help any student who is going through some hard times. I don't know anything in great detail, but I do know our school is doing what they can to make our high school experience the best it can be.

Hempfield Area Senior High School 4

Posted November 13, 2013
The top students in the school are very solid. The bottom 15% very weak. A very big school which allows for many electives to be offered.

Posted August 14, 2009
Having had three children graduate from Hempfield Area,and as a teacher in a neighboring district, I must say I am very impressed with the district. The education my children received was excellent. The teachers were challenging and supportive. There has been lots of criticism about the construction of the field house. I am happy that my kids had these facilities to utilize during heir time at HA. Hempfield does have the political problems and bickering that plagues most schools, but overall, the school district is great.

Posted October 09, 2008
Our child currently attends Hempfield High School. She previously attended Wendover Middle School. We have been extremely pleased with both the schools and the teachers. Her teachers have motivated her and boosted her self-esteem. She is currently enrolled in several AP classes. The classes are hard, but the teachers are available for tutoring. Our daughter's out of school time is spent with the Hempfield Band. This keeps her very busy; however, the band experience has been wonderful and something she will never forget. She has met other highly motivated students, as well as caring, devoted teachers and band parents. Overall, our experience with Hempfield has been excellent.

Hempfield Area Senior High School 1

Posted October 03, 2008
Hempfield was a complete waste of my time. The district is focused on pushing funds into the sports, etc, instead of adopting new innovative curriculum. I'm currently an educator and pursuing my masters, and I can say if I visited Hempfield now and looked at the teaching methods it's almost archaic. I won't even get into the politically charged hiring methods and useless teachers unions that keep these school continuing their mediocrity. I'm glad to be in a progressive area where education is always changing and adapting to what the needs of the community are.

Hempfield Area Senior High School 4

Posted July 07, 2008
I realy like it here... I get a good education and its in a nice, realtively quiet area. Too many kids that go there complain about it, but compared to other shools, the opportunities we get here are pretty good. We get a great education and there are plenty of clubs and activities to join. And with the size of the student body, you can meet a ton of people and make lots of good friends, because alot of the people here are great.

Posted January 31, 2008
I am completing my Bachelor's of Arts at Thiel College this semester and, honestly, Hempfield is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I felt prepared to go onto college, but I was still scared like most people are because it's a new environment with new people. I have found out that Hempfield offers many more languages than most other high schools (I go to school with people who weren't offered any foreign languages!) and I was given the opportunity to take a Psych and Sociology course there which helped me choose my majors; Crim. Justice and Sociology with a minor in Psych. Hempfield is a good school, unfortunately, no one realizes that until they leave!

Hempfield Area Senior High School 5

Posted December 05, 2007

Hempfield Area Senior High School 1

Posted July 05, 2007
Honestly the school is way too big for me and I really dont like it their at all. The student population is too great and there are not that many teachers to fulfill all of these students needs.

Hempfield Area Senior High School
4345 Route 136, Greensburg, PA  15601
Last modified Hempfield Area Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hempfield Area Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top