Posted August 18, 2014
GCMS. IS A GREAT SCHOOL TO SEND YOUR CHILD TO! THEY PUT TIME IN EVERYDAY TO GIVE TIME FOR THE STUDENT TO GO TO A TEACHER TO GET HELP. THE STAFF AND TEACHERS ARE SO NICE. THERE IS NO BULLYING IN OUR SCHOOL OR ANY SCHOOL IN THE GCASD (GROVE CITY AREA SCHOOL DIRST) .

Posted September 22, 2011
Great teachers, great principal, great support staff! Overall academic rigor is fine for the typical regular education student. Special education still needs a LOT of work, but that's a central office issue in this district. Gifted education is basically non-existent (at least, what most would consider to be gifted education). The few times that we had concerns about a classroom issue, the concern was handled promptly and appropriately. Our daughter has a 504 plan (due to LD & OHI) and we never encountered any resistance from the teachers or the admin staff. Definitely one of the better schools in the district at this time. Parent involvement is better this year due to intentional proactive efforts on behalf of the principal and several families.

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted May 30, 2009
I am finnishing up my second year in GCMS and i have to say it has been a learning expirience for me. There are alot of great teachers there and i have enjoyed the time spent there. Unfortunatly it is my last year there and i wont have those same teachers next year.

Posted March 21, 2007
The quality of academic programs in this school is excellent. Unfortunately the arts have taken a hard hit due to the necessity of devoting so much of the school day to preparing PSSA testing. Parental input is welcomed and it was refreshing to not be brushed aside when I had a concern about my child and one of his teachers. There are some great teachers here, but the few poor teachers in the district seem to be at the middle school.

Posted September 19, 2006
The school sets high academic standards; the quality of teaching is excellent this year. They offer advanced cirriculum and provide the means to assist each student to succeed. The principal and faculty set clear expectations for personal behavior and accountability with appropriate consequences. I know it sounds rigid, but it is what parents want to know. There are a lot of opportunities to become involved in athletics. We not only have great coaches, we are central to at least five colleges which is an asset in honing skills both in athletics and in the arts. (The only downside is there is only one year of art class.) These students are good kids here in a good community. I see them walking to school in the morning and I think about how the community and the schools are such a big part of that.

Grove City Area Middle School 3

Posted November 09, 2005
Sports are mostly encouraged throughout the entire school year, while there is only one play per year, and that is about all of the arts that students are open to.

Posted June 09, 2005
I have been very happy with GCMS. While at least one substitute has not met expectations, the other teachers for my child have really been good. I think the spirit of the school is good and the school climate is supportive and largely free of harassment. There is an abundance of extra-curriculars and the teachers are open to parent involvement.

Grove City Area Middle School
130 East Main St, Grove City, PA  16127
Last modified Grove City Area Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8
Grove City Area Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top