No rating

Blue Mountain Academy

Private | 9-12

Living in Hamburg

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $140,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted October 19, 2013

I am so thankful to have attended BMA. My family is a huge supporter of Christian education. These past few years have been such a blessing. The staff truly care about the kids and want them to not only have a good education but also learn more about Jesus. I highly recommend BMA!

Posted October 19, 2013

My kids, both very creative and dedicated, were fed by the different staff personalities at this school. Both have moved onto college with ease and have represented their Alma mater with pride! From the school setting to the philosophy of helping students learn academically, socially, vocationally, and most importantly spiritually, they have lived up to their motto: Distinctly Academic; Decidedly Christian!

Posted October 19, 2013

This school was my life for the first 20 years (8 years in the elementary school). I don't think I could have grown up in a better place. Great academics, wonderful music, all in a nature setting on the Appalachian trail.

Posted January 14, 2013

The leaders are pretending to be Christian but are only Christ like some of the time. I used to want to go here, but if you speak up and point out when someone doing wrong - you are labeled a troublemaker. They like to brush things under the rug and pretend they didn't happen, just like some other churches. People are tired of it, probably why we have less and less students here every year.

Posted June 29, 2012

The school has greatly deteriorated over past 3 years. Standards have lowered. Instead of getting kicked out for smoking, etc...students are given in school suspensions. Not special enough for the money. Probably why enrollment dropping drastically over past 3 years.

Posted March 31, 2010

Praise the Lord My daughter is finishing her 4yrs at BMA in 2months. The journey was a spiritfiled one for both of us. She has grown Spriitually and mentally, The leadership skills is excellent. I know by the Grace of God my daughter can survive where ever she goes.She had theopportunity to travel to places i never thought of. I thank the Lord for where he has brought us from.this also increased my faith in God, to see how he work in my life. Take no thoughts for tomorrow, God will take care of you.

Posted December 17, 2009

I currently attend blue mountain academy and in my opinion it was the best decision i ever made. Its a great school with so many opportunities to offer that other schools could only dream of.

Posted September 22, 2009

I attended BMA for 3 years, enjoyed it. I also graduated, and although it was pricey, It was the best experience of my adolesence. The leadership training and the survival skills you gain are quality. It definately prepares you for college. If you attend as a dorm student, it will be a bit of a change, but the staff and teachers are great. Your child will develop great relationships that last a lifetime with other students and will be exposed to a sincerely wide range of diversity among the student body. There is also a work program that encourages a strong work ethic among students. Opportunities to travel the country and the world arise within the tour groups. There's so much to look forward to. Its great!

Posted November 7, 2008

Graduated from here 2 years ago and was not the best experience. Felt censored and closed off from the world at large. Teachers were okay. Homework not much.

Posted June 14, 2007

My Child is starting his 4th year as a BMA Student and he would have it no other way. The school has helped him to grow both Spiritually and mentally. I am impressed at how the teachers spend most of there time on campus talking with and interacting with the students. My son seems to have great relationships with his teachers. Also the school has great programs that I love going to see because it shows how much my child has grown. I really love this school and I can tell that God has his hands over it.

Posted November 30, 2006

Blue Mountain Academy is a quality christian school. The teachers provide a caring and supportive environment in which the students can learn. They make themselves available to those students that need extra help. My daughter has thrived in this environment. She has grown both spiritually and academically since she has been at BMA. She is very happy at BMA and plans to graduate from there. The students are warm, friendly and supportive of each other.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Seventh-day adventist
Associations
  • GCSDAC

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2363 Mountain Road