Hanover Township, PA

Posted April 17, 2014
To be honest I went here for most of my life with an exception of moving around a little, but in my opinion this school was the utter most worst one I fulfilled in going too. The teachers are one of the biggest problems, yes there are some good ones but overall they have some of the worst teachers you can get. One of the teachers just sits there the whole class period while the kids talk even though he is supposed to be teaching a class. I think Hanover area needs to get there priorities straight before making bad decisions on the school teachers that they allow there.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is horrible. They are more focused on their little football team than education. Most of the elementary school teachers are more worried with what you are wearing than actual learning. Not only that, their football team is terrible. I hate the school so much, there is excessive bullying, and the staff are unhelpful. For example, the pin number monitor. She just sits in her chair all day, texting! Very bad school, I would not recommend it!

Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School 2

Posted July 11, 2011
clearly this school district is passed on polictics! you must know someone of hiigher staute for your children to recieve anything from this school district! I feel our children were clearly failed because we didnt know the higher powers in this school! I am so happy we moved out of there and put our children in a school district where they will be treated equally!!!! I am a former parent of this school district and proud of it!

Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School 3

Posted March 30, 2011
As a current student at Hanover Area I am able to say that this school is barely meeting the standards of what a public school should be meeting. First, as for the students, students in any sports teams have a higher priority than normal students. And as well, bullying is a large problem in Hanover, and the staff does next to nothing against it. As for the admin, some of them do nothing but try to intimidate students by yelling and threats of suspension and the magistrate instead of understanding what the problem is. One in particular seems to have no care of the students at all. The teachers are a 50/50 group. While many of the teachers are of great character and do their job well, many on the other hand do not, but I suppose that is like every school. However, our guidance staff is top of the line and do the best of their ability to attend to the needs of the students. The school has numerous sports to participate in as well as many clubs and similar after-school activities. However, the largest concern with Hanover is the debt. We are currently around thirty-six million in debt, and yet the school board refuses to show records of how this money was spent.

Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School

Posted December 29, 2008
My family and myself attended Hanover. I feel that I got a poor education. I was always a respectful person and the teachers liked me. But, the teachers were not professional at all. I would not recommend having your child attend.

Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School 4

Posted September 27, 2008
Hanover Area has always been the school I wanted my son to attend. I believe it is the best school in Luzerne County. The only problem I have is with a few of the teachers. Some of them need to retire. My son says they are mean, grumpy, and just to hard on the students over minor situations. My son is a straight A student. I'd thank Hanover Area for doing such a wonderful job.

Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School 5

Posted November 11, 2007
I graduated from this school, and I must say i am very surprised to read these bad reviews. I had some problems socially and their guidance counselers and admin took action. not only did they help me with my issues, but also would meet with me on a regualar basis. one of them asked me to help him out coaching a basketball team for the elementary school with him. great teachers, great admin.

Posted September 29, 2006
I would never say this is the best school. The teachers are, at the most, adequate, administration pays more attention to athletics than academics.

Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School 5

Posted October 07, 2005
The school is small enough for teachers to really get to know the students. I graduated from this school and also have children attending now. I love this district and would recommend it to anyone. Although I would second guess signing my child up for any Mini-Hawk organization activity such as football or cheerleading, it is a very poorly run group and they do not care how the children are treated. High school teams are another story. The high school coaches bring you into a family, as it should be.

Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School 4

Posted August 26, 2005
Hanover Area is a wonderful school. A few of the teachers should be made to do their jobs but, on the whole they have a very good staff. They have a huge array of extracurricular activities. Needs more parental involvement.

Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School
1600 Sans Souci Parkway, Hanover Township, PA  18706
Last modified Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hanover Area Junior-Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top