Bad
Good

My child came from another school district and I am very surprised at how hard he is challenged in his classroom. The expectations for him are very high in his classroom and a good education is valued. Also, the communication between myself and the teacher are exceptional. I would highly recommend this school for a school in Harrisburg, by far one of the best.

I think Downey has an excellent scholastic atmosphere for learning. My son had been in private school, and the transistion to this school has been impressive.

I found Downey to be a school with pratically non-existent discipline and conditions that could only be described as chaotic, at best. PSSA tests show that for the past 4 years this school has been moving deeper and deeper into the abyss of failure.

I come from Cleveland school district in Ohio and I personally think this school system is a lot better than any school my children have ever been to in Cleveland. all of my children has excelled dramatically in all areas of their education. I am particularly satisfied with the performance of my kindergartner whom has learned words that some adults still don't know the meaning and he can tell you. Downey is a wonderful school and I hate that I have to move to another school district I am going to miss all the teachers and staff at Downey. parents don't be afraid that the school is next to public housing the neighborhood is safe and the teachers are great. take it from a truly concerned and involved parent.

Last modified Downey School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.